M.Plus ending WTF? help me plz

Arkham

Hi

Hope some Macross fan could help me here...

Years ago I saw Macross Plus (somewhere), and I'm almost sure I saw the OVAs...

I now have some Chinese DVDs (OVAs also), and I'm a bit confused about some sequences... looks like to me that the chinese version is somehow "edited" for the general public...

No sex, no gore & blood <---Gald's death, and I checked a clip recentrly, where I can see the Ghost X-9 firing rockets at Gald... and I can see none in my dvd version :(

Was I crazy and I saw the Movie Edition back then?

The Ova edition is for "All audience"??

Hope someone could clarify this for me

Thx

?

The OVA is pretty tame in comparison to the movie. It sounds like you saw the movie years ago. The movie has more blood in it and has the scene with Guld avoiding the missiles. The movie also has the bed scene with Isamu and Lucy in it. The DVD's you currently have may not be edited.

Thx for the quick answer... but ....

damn!! The clip I mentioned was a music Video some fan made with "Information High", and it is trully brilliant, so I wanted to watch again MP to review all that.. but.. well, that was not what I expected :(

BTW do you know where I can get more fan videos of that kind??

Thx

?

Go to UNSpacy

It has a lot of cool videos.

Link Fixed, sorry :rolleyes:

Okay Valk1J were the clips and music video's password protected I tried to download but cannot get through beacause I need a password.

They are password protected. It says so at the top of the page.

Click on the corresponding screenshot to start download. Thanks to all the folks who supplied the clips. I compiled this collection of clips by spending hours and hours scouting the web, so please do not link to my clips from your webpage. To prevent this abuse of my webspace all the archives are now password-protected. The password is www.unspacy.de

This is copied from the site. This is not my site Just a good site I found.

Go to UNSpacy

It has a lot of cool videos.

Link Fixed, sorry :rolleyes:

Okay Valk1J were the clips and music video's password protected I tried to download but cannot get through beacause I need a password.

They are password protected. It says so at the top of the page.

Click on the corresponding screenshot to start download. Thanks to all the folks who supplied the clips. I compiled this collection of clips by spending hours and hours scouting the web, so please do not link to my clips from your webpage. To prevent this abuse of my webspace all the archives are now password-protected. The password is www.unspacy.de

This is copied from the site. This is not my site Just a good site I found.

Thanks Valk1J it helped alot. :lol:

The OVa has a fight with renegade Zentraedi Battle Suits??? woah... I really DO have to get the OVA version :unsure:

Thats the only thing it has that makes it comparable to the movie version. Other than that the Movie version is superior.

That's what I heard, so I got the Movie first.... bet that bit is fun to see tho.... That's a really tough trade off tho... hot Battlesuit fight scene, or hot boobie scene... :huh:

There is also another fight between Isamu and Guld in the OVA's. I say you need both the movie & the OVA to get the full feeling of Mac+.

I agree with AgentONE though, the movie is superior.

That's what I heard, so I got the Movie first.... bet that bit is fun to see tho....  That's a really tough trade off tho... hot Battlesuit fight scene, or hot boobie scene... :huh:

There is also another fight between Isamu and Guld in the OVA's. I say you need both the movie & the OVA to get the full feeling of Mac+.

I agree with AgentONE though, the movie is superior.

Yes. There are some incredible scenes in the OVA, including the Bonehead Battroid Brawl, as well as some good character development that wasn't in the movie.

But the movie is a more cohesive story, likely owing to being the original script.

They shoehorned extra content into that script to make an OVA to release first to get attention for the movie, and some of it was wedged in places where there wasn't space.

Edit HAHAHA! The board recognizes an attempt at a trademark logo!

Edited by JB0

• 2 weeks later...
Thx for the quick answer... but ....

damn!! The clip I mentioned was a music Video some fan made with "Information High", and it is trully brilliant, so I wanted to watch again MP to review all that.. but.. well, that was not what I expected :(

BTW do you know where I can get more fan videos of that kind??

Thx

?

try this site:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/home/home.php

they have tons of videos not just of macross (although they have all the macrosses from the original SDF upto macross zero), but also of other anime. :-)

hope that helps !!!!!!!