NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

Well....

there is another Valkyrie MPC on the way. Jack Archer in Wolf Squadron colors.....not sure if this will be a VF-1R or not. :angry:

I dont think Im gonna rush to get this......just a hunch.

GIM_668_2_6962.jpg

I see this pic is posted at rt.com, but where was the press announcement or was this a joke?

meh. the VF-1R is overrated. I thought it was ugly as a Superunposable and even more so in BC. Even worse with FPs or the GBP armor. <_<

I wouldn't mind it if it was in the "Wolf" colorsheme, the grey one. But not a -1R.

Vostok 7

The only visual difference is the head.

Battlecry does give each model of VF-1 to make them different though, the A is average, D has more armor but less missiles, J has less armor but more missiles and maneuverability, S is much fastest and maneuverability but trades even more armor and the VF-1R is the fastest and most maneuverability of all, but trades much more armor for it.

Cyc

I admit the color scheme is pretty nice, but that head... <_

It is OK. Never had time to complete BC but I heard about it. If you ask me, I am not buying any more MPCs. Once I saw the 1/48s, I have been kicking myself for buying the 1/60 yammies and MPCs. I thought no one else would make em. Boy was I wrong! <_< I think i will keep the MPCs I have (and I have all 5 with the 3 FPs and dups of Max, Max FP, Rick, and Ben.) for now but I will not add to it until the Alphas come out. Thank go do for ebay since I never pay for the MSRP except for Rick.

Actually, HG/RT.com keeps stating it as a *YF-1R,* and RT.com's got a piece about it. Also, I have the YF-1R Super Poseable. It's okay, but its colors (dark brown) are anything but low-viz... unless it's uber-overcast. It's makes the CF's brown look real bright.

According to HG (*snickersnicker*), the 1R is supposed to be upgrade the 1A and 1J. The center head laser is supposedly an pulse autocannon for downing incoming missiles???

For a head unit placed weapon, that just doesn't seem plausible... right?

Actually, it's about as plausible as the use of the head/turret lasers according to official Macross info. (Isn't that what Roy uses to down some incoming missiles in M0?)

I don't know why they had to say it's a "pulse autocannon", though (whatever the heck that is)--I guess it's to justify the "innovative" 3-horned look. The ability to automatically target incoming missiles is pretty reasonable even by old real-world tech standards--it's similar to the radar-controlled point defense weaponry on American warships (the Phalanx).

I think it's pretty neat looking. Plus it is a different VF-1.

I'll probably pick one up if I can find a good price on it. I like the colors.

I don't know why they had to say it's a "pulse autocannon", though (whatever the heck that is)--I guess it's to justify the "innovative" 3-horned look. The ability to automatically target incoming missiles is pretty reasonable even by old real-world tech standards--it's similar to the radar-controlled point defense weaponry on American warships (the Phalanx).

I see your point about the auto-targeting capabilities, ewilen, but considering that autocannon's more or less a stronger -1A head laser with the same range of motion wouldn't it hamper the head unit?

Example: Missiles incoming from 3 o'clock, but you need the head unit to focus 11 or even 12 o'clock. How do you deal with both?

Prolly answered my own question with that, but you see what I mean, ne?

It's an OK mech, although I wish Toynami would:

1) move the nose gear back so that it's not under the radome

2) move the outboard missle pylons a little farther in

3) make the nose cone more narrower and more pointed (similar to the 1/48)

I might get it if Toynami releases FAST Packs for it (I can't see why they wouldn't do it)

I really do think the red/white/black scheme is far better than the altered CF scheme.

I see your point about the auto-targeting capabilities, ewilen, but considering that autocannon's more or less a stronger -1A head laser with the same range of motion wouldn't it hamper the head unit?

Example: Missiles incoming from 3 o'clock, but you need the head unit to focus 11 or even 12 o'clock. How do you deal with both?

Prolly answered my own question with that, but you see what I mean, ne?

Yup, you're right that if they're going to justify the additional head weapon by saying it provides a capability that's not in the existing "light lasers", and furthermore if it's supposed to be completely autonomous--which is what they imply--it doesn't make sense for it to have the same range of motion as the "light lasers". Because, as you say, if the pilot is trying to do something with the lasers/head sensors, he'll either have to disengage the automatic antimissile gun, or risk being interrupted. The autocannon should be on a ball joint mount (or the equivalent--a combination turntable/pivot).

So you've convinced me that HG is dumb, again. Good work!

Actually, HG/RT.com keeps stating it as a *YF-1R,* and RT.com's got a piece about it. Also, I have the YF-1R Super Poseable. It's okay, but its colors (dark brown) are anything but low-viz... unless it's uber-overcast. It's makes the CF's brown look real bright.

According to HG (*snickersnicker*), the 1R is supposed to be upgrade the 1A and 1J. The center head laser is supposedly an pulse autocannon for downing incoming missiles???

For a head unit placed weapon, that just doesn't seem plausible... right?

It may be as plausible as a plane that transforms too.