we need smaller 1/48 boxes

do not disturb

whos wants what?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. whos wants what?

• smaller boxes?
    • larger boxes?
    • boxes are fine the way they are?

I fully agree that we need smaller and sturdier boxes. I personally hate the flimsy yamato boxes. And I'm really shocked at the size of the VE-1 and VT-1 box sizes. As a retailer, these huge boxes broke our back with the huge shipping costs.

Huge boxes = expensive shipping costs = higher prices for these imports.

Edited by twinmoons

yeah!!! I want smaller boxes for these mo fo's!! One box already took up space for three other boxes that I could've put in place. And now that the 1/48 vf-1j is coming out with the fastpacks?? My god that box is going to be a killer!! I can see the shipping costs now...... 30 bucks shipping from LA to SD. Krazy I tell ya! Krazy!! :p:D:lol:

keep this size, make 'em a little tougher

safety first if you ask me when it comes to shipping

Agreed...Yamato's boxes look very nice but do definately fall on the "flimsy" side...if they could just toughen them up a little bit they would be perfect.

As far as size goes I think for the 1/48 line the size is appropriate...the Elintseeker and Super Ostrich boxes were rediculously big though - it made the Valk inside look really small with all kinds of space around it.

At first I was like, "I don't mind my big boxes, makes the toy all the more impressive when it shows up at the door!"

But you're right, smaller, sturdier boxes would decrease shipping costs and risk of damage.

How about it Graham? You might want to mention that any money we save on shipping is most likely going to more Valkyries! :D

While I did vote for smaller boxes, the big boxes have a serious advantage when it comes to shipping. Due to all that "dead space" in the box, the toy itself is more likely to show up at your door in one piece. However, shipping would be murder... It's going to cost me about $40 CDN alone just to ship a VE/VT-1...

I like the idea of all the 1/48s having similar looking boxes. . . for display purposes. Plus, I think the boxes are very classy.

Just do what I did, sell all your other stuff to make room for your new Macross collection. :p

I just sold off my entire vintage Star Wars collection that I had since I was a kid. Four 36x36 boxes really makes for more room when you ship them off!

Best Regards,

H

Wha? You want them to do what Toynami did? Spend all the money on the box and make a semi-half decent toy? (Yes, I am a proud own of all 5 VF MPCs. They are not bad but compared to yamato, the MPCs suck. If I had found out about yamato's line of 1/48th sooner, I would have not bought those MPCs! :o )

I can't see how you can make smaller 1/48 boxes they use up all the space possible. And I'm all for stronger boxes, but not if it costs more (which it probably would.) Now the Elint and the Ostrich boxes... that's just ridiculously big. plenty of unused space. They don't even have missles, do they? The Elint has that big radar, but it's so thin they could have put it somewhere else in the box.

Oh well, I guess I'll take more clothes out of the closet, I couldn't fit into them anymore anyway...

:(

:lol:

Smaller boxes is must. It probably won't happen this late in the game.

Shipping the 1/48 in Battroid mode would help as long as the boxes are strong. If not, the box doesn't really need to have all of the accessories shown in the window.

The Super O and Elint boxes are just ridiculous. They probably didn't want broken back hinges so they packed the boosters seperate. But what they did is just overkill.

The 1/48 VF-1J with FP box will probably be enormous.

Wha? You want them to do what Toynami did? Spend all the money on the box and make a semi-half decent toy? (Yes, I am a proud own of all 5 VF MPCs. They are not bad but compared to yamato, the MPCs suck. If I had found out about yamato's line of 1/48th sooner, I would have not bought those MPCs! :o )

Umm, not exactly what I want, but from the size of the VE-1/VT-1 boxes, they could've simply used the same exact amount of cardboard but made a smaller, double-walled box that was nice and sturdy. As a collector myself, I hate dings on the boxes, and Yamato boxes are notorious for getting dinged and crushed. Plus, I'm running out of dang storage space! :lol:

Yes, Yamato needs to use smaller boxes for the Macross Valkyrie products. The 1/48 appears in a box that is easily twice as big as need be. Sure it's pretty for display, but a cover picture is perfectly acceptable. The FAST Pack set used a box almost as large as the 1/48 Valkyire itself. That was absolutely ridiculous.

Shipping in battroid mode!?! My experience is that fighter mode has always been the most compact. Especially if fold up the backpack and sweept the wings together.

I think they could shrink the box on the 1/48 a bit. But, they'd have to display the valk in a less appealing manner. . . and remember, the idea of the box is to get people at Toys R' Us and other stores to buy it. . . they aren't thinking about us importers.

Lets try to look at it from Yamato's point of view. Do they want us to be happy? Or, do they want the kids and collectors in Japan to look at the box in the store and say: "Holy crap that looks incredible! I gotta have that!"

H

I guess Yamato is just being on the safe side, they don't want the hassle of customers e-mailing them about damaged (in the box) products. I wouldn't mind having the packaging a little bit smaller, it gets harder and harder to find places to store my 1/48, 1/60, and Fast Pack boxes. B)

Shipping in battroid mode!?! My experience is that fighter mode has always been the most compact. Especially if fold up the backpack and sweept the wings together.

Ya but that wouldn't look like anything if the box was a window box. Now if it was a closed box with a pic on the front, that wouldn't be a bad idea.

The fast pack boxes were too big as well.

Yamato's packaging reminds me of heavy metal guitarists in the 80's when they would play guitar solos. "Hey look at me and all the stuff I can do"

In other words, extremely excessive with no point lol :lol:

Your problem is not that the boxes are too big, but that you have too many 1/48 valks.

You should probably give them to me instead, thereby eliminating your storage problem.

Just my $.02 :lol:

:lol: That's a good solution! I am also ready to help those who have storage problems. :lol:

No, seriously, PM me...

:lol:

Hi all,

if you complained about the 1/48 box size, for all of you that want to buy this... :blink:

1J w/o FP

1J w/ FP

He he... guess a size and shipping costs? :p

You see, it seems officially said that yamato's selling both VF-1J w/ and w/o Fast Packs...

mcpaz

When breakfast cereal makers ran out of things to say about their stuff, they resorted to making bigger boxes just to "squeeze out" the competition on supermarket shelves.

Maybe Yamato just wants the buyer to feel they're getting more for their money. The profit margin on the 1/48s must be huge.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump but I'm seriously thinking about throwing away all of my Yammies boxes.

I just broke them down and they're still taking up a LOT of my closet space. It's those huge plastic moldings that're pissing me off. They're so damn huge. :lol:

The 1/48 VF-1J with FP box will probably be enormous.

It is enormous. You probably could hack off a bit of space here and there, but not much...

Thank god I got my 1J locally (and at a steal of a deal too! ). $50-60 CDN to ship from HLJ is just too much...