macross TV series other mecha?

do not disturb

so i finally finished watching the macross TV series and noticed that in one of the episodes(on disc 7 i think?, the one with the big space battle and all teh VF's got FP's), they showed some other mecha outside of VFs and the destroids. am i crazy or were there other mecha?

now that my projector is running again give me some key parts to look at and ill see if i can ID any of them over the next few days. i remember seeing a quick glimpse of a VE-1 elint in the mass fleet shot in the same episode.

That particular thing is called an Orguss Valk, though sometimes incorrectly referred to as a Jotun Valk. If you do a web search and/or forum search on those terms, you'll find all you really need. As noted above, it's an Easter egg, not a canonical design. Similar to how you can see Captain Harlock's ship somewhere in Macross (I think in the same episode), or the old ASCII Star Trek game being played on one of computer terminals on the bridge at one point.

There may also be a VEFR "Funny Chinese" in that ep., which is almost but not quite a VE-1.

I think there were also some Lancer II's in the battle, but I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
You talking about this?

mcr254l.jpg

Hey you can see Mari IIjima and Mika Doi's name on two of the Phalanxs destriods.

Yeah I own the TV box set but never noticed that before. Even though it doesn't have the Orgroid in it that screen grab is so interesting. All the graffitti the animators put in. I wonder if the girls face on the Phalanx closest to the screen is supposed to be anyone? I can't make out the characters under her picture..