MasterPiece Collection v1.1

Dangard Ace

Hehe, which is it? You either believe rt.com or you dont, cant have both

(Just had to give you a hard timeĀ  )

Honestly, things change all the time with Toynami so I'd say theres no way to know either way at this point.

Touche! My point was really just to say that the speculation still goes both way and that people should neither be too discouraged nor very encouraged at this point. It wasn't at AX and that's all we know for sure. Was it gone because it's being retooled? Was it gone because it's been scrapped? All we have is idle RT.com speculation there.

The HG crew went to the manufacturer in China who had the Matchbox molds sitting outside of their factory, exposed to the elements for 9 years. The molds were corroded and unusable and Toynami didnt want to spend money making new ones.

I definitely remember hearing that but I didn't realize it was the destroids that had prompted that discovery.

• 4 months later...

Robotech.com is now offering their MPCs (Ben, Miriya, Lancer, Rook, Sue) for $39.99. At that price, I think it's worth over-looking the MPC Alpha's flaws. Heck, at that price you may be able to resell the MPCs on eBay and make a profit!

Edited by jenius

what i don't get is, why doesn't toynami make the stuff that no other company is making?

its pretty obvious that their stuff will sell, IF they make the only toy of its kind on the market.

i.e. i dislike their alphas but i own all 4 of them cause they're the only ones who made them.

if they made cyclones, regardless of how good/bad it may be, i'd imagine everyone here would buy them.

same goes for destroids, battle pods, officer pods, the beta, etc. i mean if you're the only game in town, the diehards don't have much of a choice but to plunk down the loot for it.

if they made cyclones, regardless of how good/bad it may be, i'd imagine everyone here would buy them.

same goes for destroids, battle pods, officer pods, the beta, etc. i mean if you're the only game in town, the diehards don't have much of a choice but to plunk down the loot for it.

Curse your common sense!

I honestly think the answer is that Toynami sees other companies making money off of Macross valkyries and thinks "If they can do that, so can we!" They don't see companies making money of Mospeada so they don't they can either (especially after their MPC Alpha debacle). I also think the backlash against their MPC collection probably destroyed its profitability leaving them with few vendors wanting to pedal their goods so now they're abandoning the premium toy market and going for the lower-end. So, they're afraid to try their hand at relatively untested licenses (Mospeada... speaking in modern terms of course) and they know they've lost to Yamato in the premium market so now it's time to take on those suckers at Banpresto! Um wait, they're two months late on their "wave 2" of their 1/100s now.... nevermind... guess they couldn't compete there either.

Edited by jenius

maybe toynami will release their toys once the DVD for shadow blah blah blah comes out.

Considering how "meh" the animation for the Alphas and Invid appear on the trailer, they won't have to spend too much to make the toys "animation-accurate." No panel-lines (heck, no panels to begin with!), slap a bunch of blocky objects together, and Boom! Instant product! :D:p

But knowing how HG and Toynami have been operating (based on their past histories), HG will delay their DVD release until mid-April, Toynami will starting marketing the toys in May (with a late-June projected date), Toynami will actually release the toys in August, but they won't update their website with images of the new toys until late October.

Sound about right?

And yet, the Beta remains a pipe dream. <_<

Looks like I'm gonna be stuck with my current avatar for a few years......

• 1 month later...

well its 2007 and the BETA is still vaporware. why am I not suprised. <_<

am I an idiot for thinking that if both shadow cronicals and the 1/100th line do well that it may get the whole beta project back off the ground

Oh. Oh *drool*. I still don't care what people say, the MPCs have the best Guardian/GERWALK A-stance of all the toys.

I don't know that they're the *best* overall but I will say that the MPC is the most fun in Guardian/Gerwalk. I could definitely tweak it in ways for my photo shoot that I could not do with either the 1/60 or the 1/48. Still, I would rather have a toy try to compete more in either fighter or battl/roid mode and that's where the MPC gets instantly eclipsed.

I don't know that they're the *best* overall but I will say that the MPC is the most fun in Guardian/Gerwalk. I could definitely tweak it in ways for my photo shoot that I could not do with either the 1/60 or the 1/48. Still, I would rather have a toy try to compete more in either fighter or battl/roid mode and that's where the MPC gets instantly eclipsed.

So very true, which is why I referenced it's Guardian mode. The other two are pasted soon enough, but I still love the A-stance.

I figured since I re-did my review for the Toynami Appendices I better get a new review up for the actual MPC VF-1 themselves. So, I posted it tonight (got in too late for drinking :( ). So folks, here are some teaser pics, the review is very pic intensive but if you have high speed I recommend ya check it out :).

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edit - For those of you who do check it out, let me know what you think about the Rick Hunter in different shades of light with the LED on pic montage... is it "meh" or is it better than that?

Edited by jenius

Well I think I'm done with the MPC forever now. I have completely revised all three of my posts on my blogsite about the VF-1 MPC to include better pictures and info so unless something dramatic happens in the future with them I think they're DUN. This last post was just a little blurb on the Archer MPC.

IPB Image

IPB Image

• 11 months later...