MasterPiece Collection v1.1

Dangard Ace

$200??? Why am I not surprised :rolleyes: The first thing I thought of when I saw that was "no way in hell are they only going to charge $80 for that, even though it's what the price SHOULD be".

Taking the risk with $80 dollars on an Alpha with coked-up monkey quality control is one thing. Taking that same risk with a $200 Beta is entirely different. And one I probably won't take quite frankly

I've heard it said repeatedly that no one has even the most remote suggestion of price just yet so I wouldn't put too much stock in the $200 price point. They haven't even figured out the linking mechanism or, likely, what percentage of the toy would be diecast. I do hear they're going to have a painted up prototype at the SDCC though.

Chuey Posted Today, 11:36 PM

Saw that Anime Expo 2005. Very surprised, but I am curious to how more finalized versions of this particular MPC will turn out.

I'm hoping that TOYNAMI will pull another surprise on us and come out with an even better final version of this BETA. :)

Great news! I am actually excited about a Toynami product for the first time ever. But $200... even hard core fans aren't gonna pay that much. I really want it but there is no way I'd fork that out. I have a mortgage and I'm not insane.

Freakin sweeet! :D:D:D That Beta looks very nice. I was expecting a crappy design if anything since Toynami had to do this one from ground up. I hope the price tag is south of $150. Anything more is getting very, very expensive for a toy made by Toynami. If it's $200, I will probably still buy one or wait for a good deal on a second hand one. I have a lot of expenses these days with a house full of kids. Go easy on me Toynami, plz.

Not exactly. The full 15,000 run of vol3 were cut short to put max out in time(Since vol1`had a big delay).

The preorders for vol3 are for the rest of the 15,000

310646[/snapback]

do u know how many more those are?

Hopefully the Alpha can link up with the Beta in robot mode as well. Also, judging from the pics they didn't add the shoulder missles to the toy, and does it have landing gears?

beta_reflex_point3.jpg

shadow-beta.jpg

Edited by Osean

WOW! Thanks for that link. As good as the solid grey prototype looked, the painted version gives you a much better idea of how this will look like in production...stunning.

@Ocean: It looks like it will have the upper thigh guns by the looks of it in the color pictures; I can only assume that the center gun will be there also. As for landing gears...I haven't the foggiest.

I totally agree with you guys, the BETA looks even better painted!! I'm almost sold, just need to find out now if TOYNAMI's making a Shadow Variant and how much it's going to cost :D .

Edited by connor99

No clue man. I imagine maybe about half of 15,000 left....maybe a good 7,000 left.

Nah, if you're talking about the VF-1S MPCs they were up to at least 11k (I have one in that range) so there's probably only 3000 left hitting the stores. That's my guess at least.

You can't tell if the front of the Beta in fighter mode has anything that resembles the top of a gun because of the way it's positioned. We will have to wait patiently until more pics arrive..

Edited by jenius

WOW! Thanks for that link.  As good as the solid grey prototype looked, the painted version gives you a much better idea of how this will look like in production...stunning.

@Ocean:  It looks like it will have the upper thigh guns by the looks of it in the color pictures; I can only assume that the center gun will be there also.  As for landing gears...I haven't the foggiest.

310693[/snapback]

I just saw the pics and it looks good, so far. Hopefully all three guns are present, but 2 out of 3 isnt bad I guess... As for the landing gears I think we would of seen them by now. If there are landing gears they are prolly separate parts that need to be snapped on( I'm guessing).

Also, looks like the Beta and Alpha is connected through a separate piece that needs to snapped on or something. At the bottom of the second to last pic I noticed an unfamiliar white bar under the Alpha which is definitely not a component of the Alpha. I'm guessing that component snaps onto the Beta because I noticed some vertical slots on the waist/ groin area. Well thats my 2cents.

What bothers me is that we have yet to see a single pic of the Beta in Fighter mode alone (i.e. without the Alpha attached). We don't see the Beta's cockpit, or landing gear or how it sits (hopefully not like a strung bow).

Hip joints look a bit thin though..

I've got the J-type Alpha, and I intend to get the Shadow Alpha. I'll get a Beta at least for the J-type, but still.. I'm a bit leery.

Cool, thx for the link. For some reason, those pics make it look bigger than the last set of pics. I bet it would look awesome with all the stickers applied.

As much as I want this thing, I hope it doesn't come out till next year. There are too many things to buy right now so I need time to save.

Also, looks like the Beta and Alpha is connected through a separate piece that needs to snapped on or something. At the bottom of the second to last pic I noticed an unfamiliar white bar under the Alpha which is definitely not a component of the Alpha. I'm guessing that component snaps onto the Beta because I noticed some vertical slots on the waist/ groin area. Well thats my 2cents.

310876[/snapback]

BETA_LAN.JPG

That's the question of how Toynami are going to do the Beta's front landing gear/Alpha connector, the front in that second last color pick does have the correct shape but how does it connect to the Alpha? How will they get around something that anime magically retracted flush and almost invisible in the Beta's groin block?