MasterPiece Collection v1.1

Dangard Ace

Incidentally, am i the only one whos rear wheels arenr in a straight line? They curve inwards...

nope, they're all set on an angle for no good reason. <_<

the nose is just upwards, i tried everything to get the nose to stay down a bit but it calls for a complete redesign of the chest/nose/leg/hip assemblies. :mellow:

though jenius had one that had a decent nose...

Yeah, I haven't yet modified any of my alphas. Although none are in front of me right now I'm pretty sure they all look like this one: I'm pretty sure it's still just mostly an optical illusion when it comes to the "upward pointed" nose. You should be able to draw a straight line from nose to tail.

post-26-1114999820_thumb.jpg

I have one slight problem with my Rook Alpha.

Hope any of you guys can help...

Would anybody know on how to go about tightening the joints at the shoulder, as mine seems super loose. And how to dismantle the shoulders safely without damaging the plastic... :p

Any advise would be greatly appreciated... :)

post-26-1115041103_thumb.jpg

I have one slight problem with my Rook Alpha.

Hope any of you guys can help...

Would anybody know on how to go about tightening the joints at the shoulder, as mine seems super loose. And how to dismantle the shoulders safely without damaging the plastic... :p

Any advise would be greatly appreciated... :)

You can't really disassemble the arm without any problems. The entire arm and shoulder unit is glued together. If you can take it apart you will have a hard time putting it back together like me and its not worth it.

So how's the quality after lots of complaints? Did Toynami improve something in their new production line?

Not really,my red and green ones are worse... I was on the "toynami improved" camp when the blue ones came out... now they're right back down to crap.

The shoulders getting loose is my biggest complaint about this toy. I handled my first one pretty rough and it very quickly could no longer hold an arm out-stretched. The only thing I could imagine doing would be some sort of cheat like a dot of Elmer's or something but I doubt that would even work.

If it makes you feel better, all old Alphas (other than the ratcheting 1/35) suffer a similar fate in the shoulder department. Personally, that doesn't make me feel better and I really think Toynami did a piss-poor job here. An upgrade should have been a must.

Lol did you scanned the manual on your mac computer?

Quite lame right... :p

Waiting for my Blue Alpha to arrive... :D

Shame about the Toynami's QC... :(

he shoulders getting loose is my biggest complaint about this toy. I handled my first one pretty rough and it very quickly could no longer hold an arm out-stretched. The only thing I could imagine doing would be some sort of cheat like a dot of Elmer's or something but I doubt that would even work.

If it makes you feel better, all old Alphas (other than the ratcheting 1/35) suffer a similar fate in the shoulder department. Personally, that doesn't make me feel better and I really think Toynami did a piss-poor job here. An upgrade should have been a must.

What pisses me, is that I haven't really gotten a chance to mess ard the with it yet and the joints are already like Woody from Toystory...

hi guys im in australia and i want to sell my vf1j rick hunter and stickered loose laser head vf 1s roy focker they are all mint in box but i took the batteries out and lost them how much will both be worth and how much do you reckeon shipping will cost

• 4 weeks later...

Hi new to this forum (Just found it the other day).

Spent the last few hours looking around and catching up on what has been posted, and I'm glad that I did!

If I hadn't I wouldn't have thought to go looking for an MPC Lancer at Gamestop.

Found the last Lancer at the Galleria (Houston) store just a couple of minutes ago for $19.99.

So now Lancer #2,760/15,000 has a new home!

Found the last Lancer at the Galleria (Houston) store just a couple of minutes ago for $19.99.

That's a pretty insane price. Good catch!

Wow, Toynami just keeps screwing around with the release date for the Shadow, huh? First April, then May, now June. Once this month's almost over, the release date will be set in November.

I have to admit I am looking forward to the Shadow fighter more than any other from this set (Excluding the Beta, if they make it).

Now that I own my first Alpha and have it out of the box I really don't have a problem with the nose/ground clearance issue people have spoken about.

Straight out of the package and with the landing gear out, it has about 2mm ground clearance and the nose looks level to my eyes at least. (I admit though that the curved paint on the nose made me look twice at it to verify that it is in fact, level).

Very happy with it so far (unlike the MPC Vol. 1 "Rick Hunter" I got last week).