Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

oh lordy that's a bit rude now isn't it?

let the man be, this here ain't GrammarWorld.  <_<

and as long as we're being all anal about this; we capitalize the first word of our sentences don't we now?

341418[/snapback]

There is nothing "rude" about correcting someone's mistakes. It is all in how you do it, and he did a fine job. No capitalization is sloppy, but using the wrong word changes the meaning of a statement.

You don't have to be on a grammar forum to care about using the right words.

341428[/snapback]

calling someone out in public for something so spectacularly inconsequential to the conversation at hand is rude. It wouldn't pass if this were a conversation with people standing around in front of one another and it's not as if his use of those words were so confusing as to make his post unintelligible.

This was just calling out somebody in public for no particular reason. If you have reason to correct someone because of the way they use the language, be a dear and send them a PM... just like if you were in person you would take the person aside and not point out the mistake in front of everyone.

oh lordy that's a bit rude now isn't it?

let the man be, this here ain't GrammarWorld.  <_<

and as long as we're being all anal about this; we capitalize the first word of our sentences don't we now?

341418[/snapback]

There is nothing "rude" about correcting someone's mistakes. It is all in how you do it, and he did a fine job. No capitalization is sloppy, but using the wrong word changes the meaning of a statement.

You don't have to be on a grammar forum to care about using the right words.

341428[/snapback]

calling someone out in public for something so spectacularly inconsequential to the conversation at hand is rude. It wouldn't pass if this were a conversation with people standing around in front of one another and it's not as if his use of those words were so confusing as to make his post unintelligible.

This was just calling out somebody in public for no particular reason. If you have reason to correct someone because of the way they use the language, be a dear and send them a PM... just like if you were in person you would take the person aside and not point out the mistake in front of everyone.

341433[/snapback]

wasn't try to embarras anybody, just being a smartass. I was not really expecting anybody to turn my statement into (or is it in to) forum politics. LOL :D

Just wondering while I have them here.

Does anyone want some G1 parts or figures? I'm not interested in them anymore, and they are just sitting here. I was planning to let em off for cheap.

PM sent.....

Does anyone know what it would take to get Transformers: The War Within picked up, so we could at least get volume 3 finished up? Someone,s bound to be interested in the rights as these would defenetaly sell.

Edited by promethuem5

PM sent.....

Does anyone know what it would take to get Transformers: The War Within picked up, so we could at least get volume 3 finished up?  Someone,s bound to be interested in the rights as these would defenetaly sell.

343117[/snapback]

IDW has all of that. They said they will get to that later in 2006.

the Toys R Us here in Darthmouth Ma has really little TFs as well. it is a very small selection. even Kmart which looks like it is about to go out of buisness has a better isle set up for transformers fans

chris

the Toys R Us here in Darthmouth Ma has really little TFs as well. it is a very small selection. even Kmart which looks like it is about to go out of buisness has a better isle set up for transformers fans

chris

343683[/snapback]

yeah that sucks. what is frustrating is that each has different stock. I guess it's whoever's in charge, but the toysRus that is like 20 miles southward has a lot more transformers... just harder to get to by walking..

just off topic from everyone, but the Toys R us in San Francisco is the crappiest store ever. their transformer line there is really small. i was disappointed.

343635[/snapback]

Really? This used to be the only place I ever saw the more popular reissues (Prime, Seekers, Hot Rod, etc). I think the fact that this store's prices are higher than the rest of the chain may have had something to so with it.

along those lines... that new transformers comic is a giant heaping pile.

343280[/snapback]

From 16 pages you are so quick to judge? I will wait till the first story arc is done before I call an opinion on it.

343280[/snapback]

From 16 pages you are so quick to judge? I will wait till the first story arc is done before I call an opinion on it.

344323[/snapback]

ooooooh! SNAP! :o

343280[/snapback]

344323[/snapback]

yup. crap cover, open it up, oooh look some crap art. Well, let's read the story.. hmm, more of the crap... I give this five craptacular stars.

If this were a meal at mcdonalds it would be a mc-crap with cheese.

343280[/snapback]

344323[/snapback]

ooooooh! SNAP! :o

344547[/snapback]

oooh snap? is this what passes for a burn in your world? hahaha. how's this, your MOMs a snap. haha.

oooh, burn, modded!

don't know if this has been posted before, but BEWARE!! New bootlegs are out!!

Bootleg thread

344829[/snapback]

I want the KO G1 cassettes! I saw the first carded set selling for insane prices on e-bay. Guess most people were not aware they were bootlegs.

344832[/snapback]

yeah, i want them cassettes too. Sucks to be them when they find out they paid up the yin yang for bootlegs. :D:p:lol:

Hey guys head on over to tfw2005's frontpage, they got a pic of pepsi prime and I actually think he looks cool! Very nice touch.

They also have pics of takara's remolded optimus primal and megatron for beast wars 10th anniversary, those who went to botcon say these are NOT the entirely new mold dlx primal and megatron hasbro is slated to put out over here for the 10th anniversary.

I hate the Scion Xb too. It is a much better effor than the Acura was though, IMO. Decent alternator.

The new hybrid Prime looks aresome. Definately want one of those.

Edited by Anubis

I'd rather Prime were at least as big as the original G1 Prime. If he were the size of Lazer Prime/Black Convoy/Scourge, that would have been great,

I'm digging the Scion, though. I think it looks excellent. I really need to start collecting Altenators again, but almost none of the local stores carry them and I've been spending all my money on DS games. Ack...and the holidays are coming up, oh well, always early next year.

I don't mind how 'fat' this Optimus looks. This time around he actually has sort of a typical big, beefy guy 'v' shape torso as opposed to most versions where he's got almost a feminine figure with a big chest, small waist, and large hips. Granted, we're applying human body structure to a robot, but it's a robot in humanoid shape.

In some ways, the cab mode is potentially worse than the MP Prime, in my opinion. I remains to be seen how well the final one holds together, but that wheel gap isn't something that will go away....

It would almost be nice to get a REAL Optimus Prime Alternator (not that one we've seen prototypes for)...one where they start with the cab mode and figure out how to make him look a little better than the old G1 version in robot mode as opposed to making a cool robot and then going 'Shoot! We almost forgot he has to transform!'.

well sacrifices have to be made in order to make a detailed optimus that's hella small. This should be the same size as the HBS GF Prime. That's what my guess is.