Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

you guys gotta see the new Box art for the takara reissues. Here's Kup and wheelie, super nasty!!!  :(

Kup and Wheelie Box #20

322914[/snapback]

LOL! UGLY! I had Wheelie when I was a kid... what on earth made them think he was worth a reissue? Orange and Aqua.. the 2 finest colours to make toys in. :rolleyes:

you guys gotta see the new Box art for the takara reissues. Here's Kup and wheelie, super nasty!!!  :(

Kup and Wheelie Box #20

322914[/snapback]

LOL! UGLY! I had Wheelie when I was a kid... what on earth made them think he was worth a reissue? Orange and Aqua.. the 2 finest colours to make toys in. :rolleyes:

322965[/snapback]

nevermind what the reissue is, the boxart just sucks major @$$!!! This makes me not want to buy this set at all! Yuk! :(:D:p:lol:

Awww man... that's right, no more Dreamweave images cuz they kicked the bucket.... what a shame, I LOVE their style.

322918[/snapback]

Actually, most of Takara's Collection Reissues have used original art by Hirofumi Ichikawa, the number 1 japanese TF fan and Takara art guy.

Offhand, the ones that DID use Pat Lee's DW art were:

#0 Convoy

#1 Meister

#2 Prowl

Lambor (from here on I forget the numbers)

Megatron

Soundwave

and Insecticons.

The rest are by Ichikawa. I don't know if he did this, because its WAAAAAAAAAAAY below his usual talents and not really his style, either.

And yes, reissuing Kup and Wheelie was a really stupid idea.

Oh dear god the packaging is ugly looking, these 2 were not worthy of reissue at all. were is Mirage?

I thought I recognised that art style.... The Kup/Wheelie box art is by Yukio Ohshima.

He is the guy that designed all those Kaiyodo TF figures a while back. I think he's a really big TF fan, he did a number of illustrations in the TF special issue of Figure Oh and he built a 2-metre tall Optimus. He also does lolicon-type figures. Damn paedophile... <_<

At least there is no danger of purchase inciting this time.... It's crap both on the box and in the box.

yeah, saw it already. Eh, I might get it when it goes on sale like unicron did. Then next thing you know they're gonna make a black version....watch... :D:p:lol:

I just can't get myself to like Primus for some reason. I just doesn't look aesthetically pleasing to my eye at all.

Soundwave on the other hand...now there's a good-looking new TF. I can't say his alt mode is as killer as a tape deck, but it'll do. And he looks so awesome in bot mode, especially with the opening chest and Hexicons. Yeah, I'm a sucker for nods to G1. Doesn't mean I don't like new designs though, that little Armorhide guy looks to be one of the best TFs to come down the pipe in a long time.

Primus looks like a fairly crappy looking toy based on a Dreamwave design for the War Within that was never used. Of course, I'm not a fan at all of the asthetics of the Armada/Energon/Galaxy Force lines. The Dreamwave design was ok.

So far the only planet Transformer design I've seen that looked even decent was the unused Beast Wars II Unicron. That thing looked freaking gorgeous.

Dude! I just got the Cybertron release of Vector Prime today and all I can say is WOW! This is one of the slickest transformers to coem out a any modern line besides BT/Alts... I have a question tho: Does the Japanese releayse have all of the clear blue plastic pieces (wings and sword) molded in soft pvc or hard plastic? Also, are they going to release the smaller Starscream in the Cybertron line? I really want the War Within Starscream but don't want to pay 50 bucks for the rediculously oversized ultra-uber scaled up Starscream....

Dude!  I just got the Cybertron release of Vector Prime today and all I can say is WOW!  This is one of the slickest transformers to coem out a any modern line besides BT/Alts... I have a question tho: Does the Japanese releayse have all of the clear blue plastic pieces (wings and sword) molded in soft pvc or hard plastic?  Also, are they going to release the smaller Starscream in the Cybertron line?  I really want the War Within Starscream but don't want to pay 50 bucks for the rediculously oversized ultra-uber scaled up Starscream....

325775[/snapback]

Not to be a dick or anything, but IMO you should have just imported the GF version; it has a MUCH snazzier paint job. Observe:

1098464727_galaxyforce_toy_vectorprime.jpg

Versus:

cyb_vectorprimerobot.jpgcyb_vectorprimealt.jpg

If you want the regular sized Starscream, then you're going to have to either import it, buy the TRU box set (If you don't mind another Vector Prime or an oddly colored Starscream), or keep on hoping that Hasbro will release a normal sized Starscream in original colors.

HLJ is clearing some of their BTs. BT-05 Dead End and BT-06 Track both colors are now 60% off.

http://www.hlj.com/product/TAK12461

http://www.hlj.com/product/TAK12443

http://www.hlj.com/product/TAK57649

326416[/snapback]

Just ordered a blue tracks. How does this work with HLJ? I made the order online as a new customer. They sent me an email confirming my order. However, there was never a page I went to that showed me the final price including shipping. On top of that, I never got to a page that said pay now. For people who have experience ordering from HLJ, what am I suppose to do next?

Just ordered a blue tracks. How does this work with HLJ? I made the order online as a new customer. They sent me an email confirming my order. However, there was never a page I went to that showed me the final price including shipping. On top of that, I never got to a page that said pay now. For people who have experience ordering from HLJ, what am I suppose to do next?

326617[/snapback]

You should get an e-mail in the next few days with the calculated final cost, so for now all you have to do is wait

Edited by Valkyrie Nut

326617[/snapback]

You should get two confirmations when you place an order. One is just an automated one almost immediately after you place an order. Another will be informing you that they have placed it in their system and you will be able to check it at their website. Payment will depend on what method you choose. If you gave them your CC details they will only inform you the total cost after they ship it out and charge your card. If Paypal or MO they will send an email to you letting you know the total cost to remit funds to them. As for shipping cost they will have an estimate cost on each item. The estimate cost is for Zone 2 for SAL and Zone 2 - North America, Central, Oceania, etc for EMS. If you order a single item you can practically base on that price if you are in that category for shipping. If you are not in that zone, just use their estimate price for that zone, to find the estimate weight and then use that weight to find the shipping cost for your zone.

Edited by Valk-1S

• 2 weeks later...