Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

Nice work Solscud007, I still have the original one with die-cast, kinda loose and floppy now.

NOW OFF-TOPIC SOME NEWS FROM TF THE LIVE ACTION MOVIE :

From : http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0191520/board/nest/6322852

[/b][/i]

Thatd be good IF that information wasn't nearly a year old. :lol:

BT version Ravage just came out in Japan and he's called... "Ravage"!!

OK, for those who don't know, the original Ravage in Japan was called "Jaguar" (while Laserbeak was called "Condor"... Stupid unimaginative translators), and so I had always foreseen difficulties if they were to release him under that name in Japan and not have him transform into a Jaguar-make car. Well, they took care of that by giving him his proper name 21 years later. :rolleyes:

Did Japanese Transformers keep the same names as their Diaclone/Microman counterparts? Because as a show, Transformers was an American creation made to sell the toys Hasbro had licensed.

Some did (Convoy, Ligier, arguably Lambor), most didn't. Most of the diaclone toys were just named after the alt mode anyway, they didn't have "names" as such.

IN most cases, it seems to be that the japanese used the "transformer" names, and if they didn't, then they used the alt-mode name such as

Diaclone: Ligier JS39 race car > US TF: Mirage > JP TF: Ligier (sometimes called rijie, due to the R/L confusion)

exception:

Diaclone: Porsche 935 Turbo > US TF: Jazz > JP TF: Meister

though, there seems to be very little logic in what toys kept US names and what didn't.

Stupid unimaginative translators

*smack* You DO know that TF came out in Japan FIRST, right?

The molds did.

Not the TF names, storyline, or packaging, that was created in the US

by Hasbro and Marvel Comics. For the first 4 waves the Tf figures were

released in the states first and would be ported over to Japan after about

3 months. After TF started to tank, Takara started to make up new

characters and molds (IE, Starsaber, Deathzaras etc.).

I got a question, do you know the MPC#2 Ultra Magius will come with the prime core inside his chest? If not what are they going to fill up that void?

Yeah, it comes with the Matrix. It actually comes with all the accessories that MP Prime came with. (ax, gun, etc...same things, just repainted to match Magnus). AFAIK, the only thing different with MP-02 besides the repaint is that the paper trailer it comes with is the one for Ultra Magnus. (which IMO looks like an ugly origami mess...) <_<

wow, i went to walmart today and they a huge pile of silverstreaks and thats it, pissed off at walmart i ent over to target wher ei found windcharger, swindle, ravage, and grimlock, but NO MEISTER which is the one i really want, i picked up grimlock thse and he is badass, be nice if the sword was a tad longer tho, btw anyone who would know, how is the poseability on windcharger? i have been avoiding the alts that arent very poseable (viper and vette) so if anyone could rate it thatd be nice

wow, i went to walmart today and they a huge pile of silverstreaks and thats it, pissed off at walmart i ent over to target wher ei found windcharger, swindle, ravage, and grimlock, but NO MEISTER which is the one i really want, i picked up grimlock thse and he is badass, be nice if the sword was a tad longer tho, btw anyone who would know, how is the poseability on windcharger? i have been avoiding the alts that arent very poseable (viper and vette) so if anyone could rate it thatd be nice

Windcharger is not very posable. His shoulders make his arms stuck to 90 degree poses and his legs are like the Vipers.

What ever happened to this?

Any updates?

Thanks

yeah, we made a pre order list already here:

Anime Punch Trailer Pre-order

and I Jasonkimberson posted a link about it too in like page 12 or 13 of this thread:

Macross world page with link

in the USA Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime are 2 different characters, from what i heard in japan they were the same character. as you probably know most transformers are taken from a series called Diaclone and were simply repackaged under a new flashier name and toyline , appearently Prime is just called Convoy in the Diaclone series and Ultra Magnus was Ultra Convoy, though i may be wrong, they only became seperate characters in the USA series. somebody please correct me if i am wrong.

yea Prime and Ultra Magnus are 2 different characters in the US Cartoon and movie

They were seperate characters in the movie?

wow, someone needs to watch the movie again!

:lol::lol::lol:

in the USA Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime are 2 different characters, from what i heard in japan they were the same character. as you probably know most transformers are taken from a series called Diaclone and were simply repackaged under a new flashier name and toyline  , appearently Prime is just called Convoy in the Diaclone series and Ultra Magnus was Ultra Convoy, though i may be wrong, they only became seperate characters in the USA series. somebody please correct me if i am wrong.

in the daicloen toys ultra magnus was a powered up convoy mecha. in traansfomers any version. the original english or the japanese adaptation they are seperate characters.

Edited by Ali Sama

in the USA Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime are 2 different characters, from what i heard in japan they were the same character. as you probably know most transformers are taken from a series called Diaclone and were simply repackaged under a new flashier name and toyline  , appearently Prime is just called Convoy in the Diaclone series and Ultra Magnus was Ultra Convoy, though i may be wrong, they only became seperate characters in the USA series. somebody please correct me if i am wrong.

in the daicloen toys ultra magnus was a powered up convoy mecha. in traansfomers any version. the original english or the japanese adaptation they are seperate characters.

Yeap. The jap version basically picks up where the US version left off so ultra magnus is a different character like the US one.

I just happened to be walking my kid through the toy section at Wally World (Wal-Mart) and out of the corner of my eye I saw a Grimlock Alt. My wife was soooooo pissed, but I knew if I didn't grab it then, it wouldn't be there much longer. Made that mistake when I seen Jazz.

KAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still haven't seen an Alt Grimmy, in stores. :angry::(