Ahh, GTA people help, Pacific Hobbies is gone.

wm cheng

Hey fellow Torontonians and GTA MWers!

Pacific Hobbies is gone - sniff... sniff... Man it was a good hobby store - now where can I go for models? I know about Animextreme on Spadina, they have toys, but the model selection is pretty dismal - lots of Gundam (like everywhere else :angry: ). There is also Fata models also on Spadina, but their model selection is really small too. I hate waiting for HLJ and paying the exorborant duties and taxes, but are there no more good hobby stores that sell Japanese models besides Gundam??? Pacific hobbies was the only store that I have seen that had almost the entire line of Hasegawa Macross kits in stock.

Please let me know if there are other bricks & motar alternatives. :(

Unfortunately even US shipping still dings me with really bad customs & duty, then brokerage by the shipper, and of course 15% tax (PST & GST). We are taxed to death in Canada!! :angry: Any good Canadian online retailers?

Hmm... well there is one I can think of...

http://www.modeledom.com/

Right now he's having a sale on macross stuff... Not much but there might be something you're looking for.

He's based in Ottawa (where I'm from) and I've bought from him in the past. Of course, I didn't pay shipping (as I went to a pre-determined location to pick it up), but I don't think shipping will be too expensive.

I've ordered from here once or twice:

http://www.hobbyplus.net/shopping/default.htm

No compliments, no complaints. Ordered stuff, it came. (Yes, they're in Canada and I'm in the US--but local places had jacked up the price so high it was cheaper to get it from Canada! )

Edited by David Hingtgen

I've ordered from here once or twice:

http://www.hobbyplus.net/shopping/default.htm

No compliments, no complaints. Ordered stuff, it came. (Yes, they're in Canada and I'm in the US--but local places had jacked up the price so high it was cheaper to get it from Canada! )

You got that right! That's where I bought my PG wing gundam zero custom model kit and some paints,etc.

I'm glad to get that there.

Yes, they were at Pacific Mall. Oh, I didn't know that Pacific Hobbies were affiliated with Advanced Hobbies, I've been there once or twice, but found that they catered to the R/C crowd. Does this mean that Advanced hobbies would be carrying japanese models now??

• 3 weeks later...