Jump to content

Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures


EXO

Recommended Posts

Has anyone gotten the re-release of Akira at all??

Read on Collector's Freak that the pleather on the v.1 version red suit is crumbling apart as this re-release version might be made of the same material if your located in a high humidity/very damp part of the world. 

Edit: Found a review on Youtube in Japanese (Anyone wants to translate for those non-japanese speaking?)

 

Edited by borgified
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, borgified said:

Just posted on Collector's Freak, details should be up by tomorrow. 

 

240763111_10158210590642344_8362141170949580686_n.jpg

I read a comment somewhere else that Hot Toys has perfectly nailed the disappointed Asian dad look.

Edited by crackpot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, crackpot said:

I read a comment somewhere else that Hot Toys has perfectly nailed the disappointed Asian dad look.

I'm not sure since I don't look like that when I'm disappointed. Hahaha! :lol: 

But as far as disappointed Asian dad look, then I can agree that's how they look disappointed in front of other people and not in front of his family. :lol: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not sure since I don't look like that when I'm disappointed. Hahaha! :lol: 

But as far as disappointed Asian dad look, then I can agree that's how they look disappointed in front of other people and not in front of his family. :lol: 

 

"You're not taking over our family business?..." 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's the other one that I didn't post yesterday. Both at $250 USD from SS and to be out 2023.

10 minutes ago, crackpot said:

"You're not taking over our family business?..." 🤣

Sam's also on Kim's Convenience while Paul Lee (Oppa) is one of the pilots that chases Din in the Mandalorian.    

Hot-Toys-Shang-Chi-017.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2021 at 5:17 AM, Podtastic said:

I can understand wanting an Engineer, but what on Earth would Elizabeth be good for? She has no interesting armour or uniform, no weapons, not even blue skin. Ellen Ripley you could at least arm or slot into a powerloader.

From the end of Prometheus, I'm sure many thought she would be a character to reach the status of Ripley. The space suit design was cool too. I don't think anyone thought they would make her stupid in the sequel. I can't remember the reasoning that I heard at the time. If it was a scheduling thing with the actress or the actual story. Either way, few would want that figure after the sequel. I still think Prometheus is worth owning though. I never wanted an Engineer personally. They were one of the flaws with the movie.

On other figures, I wish Hot Toys would make Green Hornet and Kato (Bruce Lee). Seems like an easy choice these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JetJockey said:

From the end of Prometheus, I'm sure many thought she would be a character to reach the status of Ripley. The space suit design was cool too. I don't think anyone thought they would make her stupid in the sequel. I can't remember the reasoning that I heard at the time. If it was a scheduling thing with the actress or the actual story. Either way, few would want that figure after the sequel. I still think Prometheus is worth owning though. I never wanted an Engineer personally. They were one of the flaws with the movie.

On other figures, I wish Hot Toys would make Green Hornet and Kato (Bruce Lee). Seems like an easy choice these days.

The Engineers are the only thing the movie has.  Do you mean the more alien looking, giant space jockeys would have been better?

I wish Hot Toys would give us 1/6 Visitor Shocktroopers. No-one is doing that piece of 80's pop culture.

195912_n.jpg.a706127e3319af7cf6f5bf9b315076d6.jpg

1411_o.jpg.159633a0986e9f03ddb0e433604a9324.jpg

Edited by Podtastic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, borgified said:

HT did Enter the Dragon on Lee, and Enterbay did one of him as Kato on Green Hornet. 

I'm sure there are kit bashes than you can make of Bruce @JetJockey.  

I didn't know Hot Toys made a Bruce Lee figure. That was probably before I got into Hot Toys. I think I saved a few images of the Enterbay version a while back. But they never released Green Hornet. I would like both of them.

 

13 hours ago, Podtastic said:

The Engineers are the only thing the movie has.  Do you mean the more alien looking, giant space jockeys would have been better?

I wish Hot Toys would give us 1/6 Visitor Shocktroopers. No-one is doing that piece of 80's pop culture.

195912_n.jpg.a706127e3319af7cf6f5bf9b315076d6.jpg

1411_o.jpg.159633a0986e9f03ddb0e433604a9324.jpg

I don't think anyone thought the Space Jockey Alien in the original movie was a giant humanoid in a suit. I kind of liked the Engineer's angry at humanity angle. But the thing with the Engineers basically worshiping the Alien was where they lost me.

I think my original thought or theory about the Space Jockey Alien was that he/she/it was taking all those Alien eggs away to some unknown planet. Away from civilization. I need to watch Alien again to be sure. But the Space Jockey Alien is infected by the facehugger because his chest is exploded. And there was the warning not to come near the planet. So I thought he was a good guy.

I did recently see Planet of the Vampires. I thought that was an interesting sci-fi tale.

Funny you mention V, I posted on MFC about wanting Diana and Lydia as bishoujo figures from Kotobukiya.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

I think my original thought or theory about the Space Jockey Alien was that he/she/it was taking all those Alien eggs away to some unknown planet. Away from civilization. I need to watch Alien again to be sure. But the Space Jockey Alien is infected by the facehugger because his chest is exploded. And there was the warning not to come near the planet. So I thought he was a good guy

Prometheus is full of bizarre and inexplicable things - like taking off your helmet in an alien biosphere just because the air is breathable.

Possibly the Engineers are the humanoids we see in HR Giger's Alien artbook.

My thinking on the aliens and the Spacejockey (back in the 80's) was that the aliens were a bioweapon that the Spacejockey's had engineered, and the derelict was on it's way to deploy them somewhere in a war. But things went wrong, he got facehugged and crashed.

It turns out that this was not a uniquely held theory.

Where my idea was unique is that, having seen John Carpenter's the Thing prior to Aliens, I fantheorised the Thing as the other side's bioweapon.

The xenomorphs  being a bioweapon kind of explained why they had acid blood (as a counter to being taken over), why their reproductive cycle was so odd, and why they were being stored in the Derelict.

The Derelict's warning was an alien signal probably intended only for his own kind. That wouldn't make him benevolent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Prometheus is full of bizarre and inexplicable things - like taking off your helmet in an alien biosphere just because the air is breathable.

Possibly the Engineers are the humanoids we see in HR Giger's Alien artbook.

My thinking on the aliens and the Spacejockey (back in the 80's) was that the aliens were a bioweapon that the Spacejockey's had engineered, and the derelict was on it's way to deploy them somewhere in a war. But things went wrong, he got facehugged and crashed.

It turns out that this was not a uniquely held theory.

Where my idea was unique is that, having seen John Carpenter's the Thing prior to Aliens, I fantheorised the Thing as the other side's bioweapon.

The xenomorphs  being a bioweapon kind of explained why they had acid blood (as a counter to being taken over), why their reproductive cycle was so odd, and why they were being stored in the Derelict.

The Derelict's warning was an alien signal probably intended only for his own kind. That wouldn't make him benevolent.

Do you have an image of the humanoids in Giger's book to post?

Yeah Prometheus has many odd moments that aren't well thought out. I find it funny how the Captain magically concludes that they are at a bioweapon base and not the Engineer's home planet. But I also read somewhere that he was supposed to be an ex-military captain.

And there are a bunch of theories about the Space Jockey ship. I read the war theory before somewhere. I think Ridley Scott possibly said it as well. Too bad he took two movies to not give an official story about that ship. The crashed ship in Prometheus was going to be the same ship from Alien but supposedly the planet's name was changed in post production.

Do you like the Alien series a lot? This setup might interest you if you haven't seen it before.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JetJockey said:

Do you have an image of the humanoids in Giger's book to post?

Yeah Prometheus has many odd moments that aren't well thought out. I find it funny how the Captain magically concludes that they are at a bioweapon base and not the Engineer's home planet. But I also read somewhere that he was supposed to be an ex-military captain.

And there are a bunch of theories about the Space Jockey ship. I read the war theory before somewhere. I think Ridley Scott possibly said it as well. Too bad he took two movies to not give an official story about that ship. The crashed ship in Prometheus was going to be the same ship from Alien but supposedly the planet's name was changed in post production.

Do you like the Alien series a lot? This setup might interest you if you haven't seen it before.

 

Aliens is on my fave list.

Here is what I was talking about:

20210904_103430.jpg.739ee504af731c7548b68c779940bb4e.jpg

And some Spacejockey pics because, why not?

20210904_103746.jpg.17df1806a771c9c90f36dbc207c9196f.jpg

20210904_103652.jpg.ac1f007c4e225a5ace48f471d45ee0ba.jpg

20210904_103734.jpg.10acb14171c9e5da957b64840ce21bfb.jpg20210904_103727.jpg.87027162f4a42453f5defe9284a0287c.jpg20210904_103658.jpg.f7d0b7ca4828a41f0c5f1124ba712eca.jpg20210904_103714.jpg.b0a651f3592a18f5c3b74421e5927e63.jpg20210904_103636.jpg.fbe6fe2b7cfe6731afa2595d8d343e30.jpg

20210904_103652.jpg

Edited by Podtastic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Aliens is on my fave list.

Here is what I was talking about:

20210904_103430.jpg.739ee504af731c7548b68c779940bb4e.jpg

That's an interesting picture. I have a few Alien books but I can't remember that image. I might have to search for that Giger book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@JetJockey and @Podtastic - You guys might be interested in this as I was looking through other 1/6th sites

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4679-new-product-scaletta-1-6-scale-bishop-figure (AKA Lance Hendrickson sculped?) for $32 USD

Here's the website that you guys can get this: 

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&product_id=3075

 

965f1310.jpg

9c5f5910.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, borgified said:

@JetJockey and @Podtastic - You guys might be interested in this as I was looking through other 1/6th sites

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4679-new-product-scaletta-1-6-scale-bishop-figure (AKA Lance Hendrickson sculped?) for $32 USD

Here's the website that you guys can get this: 

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&product_id=3075

 

965f1310.jpg

9c5f5910.jpg

Thanks @borgified

Edited by Podtastic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GREAT SCOTT!

eb045.jpg.a9763a9c215292fb1027a2436a3d3b28.jpg

eb046.jpg.90bade561249be1249010e1a07f3c485.jpg

eb047.jpg.d85298f6c30fa85982954c11eb94e210.jpg

eb048.jpg.5960c1d3006ca29df67e74a8ad4cfeec.jpg

eb055.jpg.9b2f100166a49f33557283bad742054b.jpg

"Damn! Damn! This is not the only face I have in the entire Trilogy. Batman's lucky enough to have multiple lower face interchangeable parts."

Hot Toys is already charging enough for them not to make an extra face for the Doc. Damn shame.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Head's up on the renewal Kaneda from Collector's Freak.

"Another pic I found on Japanese twitter.

Comparing the outfits of the super duper limited and expensive 2000 version and the 2010 mass market version....he said the original is still in perfect shape and the new one is garbage and flaking apart.

A mash up of the original outfit but boots, hands, and head of the newer figure would be perfection. Too bad that original figure goes for like a grand....IF you can find it."

 

 

E-fRolcUcAI4eLJ.jpg

Edited by borgified
Edit: pic missing
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2021 at 1:51 PM, borgified said:

@JetJockey and @Podtastic - You guys might be interested in this as I was looking through other 1/6th sites

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4679-new-product-scaletta-1-6-scale-bishop-figure (AKA Lance Hendrickson sculped?) for $32 USD

Here's the website that you guys can get this: 

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&product_id=3075

 

965f1310.jpg

9c5f5910.jpg

I was waiting for Hot Toys to do more Aliens characters. Doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

I've seen that site before though. They come up with some good customs.

Edited by JetJockey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sh9000 said:

I’d still buy 1/12 and 1/18 scale V figures as well.

These two.

1711743993_dianalydia.jpg.bd446cc4041cc420d99db4953fe91cef.jpg

Either from Kotobukiya or Hot Toys. It would be easier for Kotobukiya. Diana in a normal uniform and the black variant shown here. Glasses. A slightly damaged variant with the spoiler of her character.

I would take one from Hot Toys. But V would be a real stretch for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1/6 Visitor shocktroopers would be so cool.

They could bully these guys:

s-l640.jpg.9469e8557dd41a4bf3e7a200f0d73fa4.jpg

And get bullied by these guys:

1393644957_images(8).jpeg.3d85d7e5f77fb3d9cc0836804ca3c18e.jpeg

Then whole Squads of all 3 could be totally mothered by a single 1/6 trooper of our besties (upgraded quality version obviously)😁

4330507_images(9).jpeg.fd38e5035530dc1953004b13dc42645d.jpeg

Edited by Podtastic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the makers of Freddie and Marley : Win. C Studios' David Bowie is next.

You have to supply the torso as it's not included. $1,280 HKD/$164.75 USD/$206.20 CDN

@Kicker773 - You might be interested in this one, however I've read that Asmus might be re-releasing the Ringwraith and Steed from what I've been reading on onesxithfigures.

SYY Toys Ringwraith - $170 USD shipped from onesithkit in Q4 2021- Q1 2022 with a NRD of $29 USD.

Edit: Here's the link - https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3082

 

24123211.jpg

o1cn0273.jpg

o1cn0275.jpg

Edited by borgified
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2021 at 9:42 PM, Kicker773 said:

They’ve been saying that for years now. Still have yet to see a PO available.

On the ACI Ringwraith thread on you know where: Confirmed by Rovi himself, I might get this however no promises. Not yet confirmed if it's bundled with the steed . ^_^

Edit: Update by Rovi

Screenshot 2021-09-11 002510.png

Screenshot 2021-09-11 003814.png

Screenshot 2021-09-11 005142.png

Edited by borgified
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...