Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

I sell organs on the black market lol. But seriously I have a lot of 1/6 figs most of which I got because i had the money. Now i will have to pick and choose and wait and save and be patient to get the ones i want.

Hell yes! That Chris Reeves Superman is on my list for sure.

Filthy rich? Not quite. Comfortable, perhaps. A little bit insane? I may resemble that remark. B))

Cool! They went to Compton College???

hottoys-sup09.jpg

Is that like a Dirty Sanchez or a Cleveland Steamer? :huh:

:lol: :lol: both, but there,s also responsible planking involved.

Yes they are pricey, at the demands of their fans for accuracy, I'm surprised they don't cost $600. These are underpriced for what they are. There's no precedence for something like these things for under $200.

It really depends on what you're buying. I'm certainly no expert but my first 1/6th was an original Joe and I was around for the 1/6th resurgence with 21st and really with HT you're paying for the head sculpt (which is hit and miss) as everything else is of questionable quality. I mean I remember HT's old stuff which was actually pretty ugly/bad for the price.

I honestly won't even touch the IM stuff (the actual armored characters). They're just like over sized and over priced action figures. There's no kit or anything :)

I honestly won't even touch the IM stuff (the actual armored characters). They're just like over sized and over priced action figures. There's no kit or anything

But thats why people buy Hot Toys figures because they are high end, over sized action figures.

It really depends on what you're buying. I'm certainly no expert but my first 1/6th was an original Joe and I was around for the 1/6th resurgence with 21st and really with HT you're paying for the head sculpt (which is hit and miss) as everything else is of questionable quality. I mean I remember HT's old stuff which was actually pretty ugly/bad for the price.

I honestly won't even touch the IM stuff (the actual armored characters). They're just like over sized and over priced action figures. There's no kit or anything :)

You're paying for the license, the head and body parts sculpt, permissions for the likeness, and the costumes and accessories.

I hear people say bad things about Hot Toys pre-movie figs. But now I hear people complaining about how they hardly make military figures anymore. If you compare them to Hasbro's GI Joe line, you're talking about an in house license with no likenesses to anyone in a massed produced setting. But how much are the Sideshow GI Joe figures? They're about $120 to begin with. I'm no Hot Toys expert either but the first movie license they had was Aliens I think and they did't pay for likeness on those figures. Those came out at $80 a pop with Hicks. He went up for about 1k in a year and settled at around $500 because they don't rerelease figures at Hot Toys. it wasn't until Enterbay started releasing their Bruce lee and 24 action figures with accurate sculpts that they started to keep up with the likenesses. But Hot Toys doesn't just make headsculpts. I bought my 1/6 scale Power Loader for $225 and it came with a figure. ED-209 was $150. Those toys are incredibly big and pretty cheap at that size. The Power loader would probably retail at $375 in todays economy. They also make the Nolan Bat Tumbler and the Batpod. The tumbler is a ballsy release if you consider how Yamato thinks that the SDF-1 or Toynami considers the Beta fighter as big toys. I'm not saying that they're flawless. I hear the DX Batman was pretty faulty. All I'm saying is that they're making some specialized toys for "decent prices". I mean they made video game figures that look just like the characters.

It's funny but they are just action figures. That's exactly what they are. Hell, I even insisted that they be called that when my ex asked why I have so many dolls. They're action figures!!! lol... When Eric Foreman said it on the 70s Show it was extra funny for me.

EDIT: BTW, this is what you would be paying pre Hot Toys and Enterbay days for likeness and ultra detailed costumes

http://www.e-ureka.com/shop/index.html

That's on release. Afterwards it's more.

Maybe if you're insecure you get offended when people call them dolls :p Sure it's mostly semantics and GI Joe worked hard to change the nomenclature back in the day to "action figure" but they have clothes, kit and BB so they're dolls and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm really not impressed by anything HT does other than the HS. The bodies really aren't anything special in the 1/6th scale market now and a lot of times the sets are really short on accessories/kit. I think I prefer the craftsmanship on SS stuff anyway.

I remember that old Hicks, I wasn't really sure what all the fuss was about back then because really it wasn't all that impressive IMO.

If you want to talk vehicles, although probably not as detailed 21st century did a bang up job on their 1/6th line and all of it was super affordable. I still have a little bird (the black version) and it's excelllent for the most part. There was some problems with the rotors but I fixed them in place and I've had it hanging from my ceiling since forever now.

The IM armoured stuff is literally a scaled up 1:18th or whatever action figure with a nice face. Maybe I'd be interested if they had a BB but they don't so it's not really true 1/6th to me at least.

I mean they made video game figures that look just like the characters.

I am really happy with my RE1 version Wesker but other than that not much sticks out in my mind. The RE1 version Chris with the Muscle body is a joke :D

I surrender :D :D

Luv your takara/junes!! Is the body better than the Medicoms?

My medicom mark and jason ,s cloth is coming apart, plus the helmets plastic is getting very sticky!!!!! :ph34r: :ph34r:

I was gonna sell them ,lucky I opened them and inspected both ,because they don,t age well in the box(plastic wasn,t sticky 3yrs ago ...but now very sticky) :ph34r:

I surrender :D :D

Luv your takara/junes!! Is the body better than the Medicoms?

My medicom mark and jason ,s cloth is coming apart, plus the helmets plastic is getting very sticky!!!!! :ph34r: :ph34r:

I was gonna sell them ,lucky I opened them and inspected both ,because they don,t age well in the box(plastic wasn,t sticky 3yrs ago ...but now very sticky) :ph34r:

The Takara Juns are both excellent. Great posability and sculpt. No accessories to speak of save a few extra hands, but the wires in the cape help create some dynamic poses. My Ken and Joe (or Mark and Jason as it were... always gave me a chuckle since my name is Mark and my brother's name is Jason :lol: ) show the same age as yours. The soft plastic of the helmets is definitely getting tacky. I also didn't like the stiff plastic boots, which pretty much rob any posability below the waist. I guess beggars can't be choosers. :( We can always hope some Gatchaman anniversary in the future nets up some better 1/6 figures, but I won't hold my breath.

Or punisher?

I don't have any personal experience but here is a couple of threads from 1/6th Warriors

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/62905-rah-punisher.html

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1458497

I'm not a fan of the Medicom stuff really. Seems really pricey for what you get generally.

HT makes Star Wars figures? or do you mean Sideshow?

I'm not sure of the validity of the claim but I've seen it said/posted that HT makes some(?) of the Star Wars 1/6th for SideShow. I dunno for sure but I know they're definitely partners/affiliates to some degree.

Edited by bluemax151

I don't have any personal experience but here is a couple of threads from 1/6th Warriors

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/62905-rah-punisher.html

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1458497

I'm not a fan of the Medicom stuff really. Seems really pricey for what you get generally.

Awesome!!!Thanx bluemax151.Your a good man :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...