Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

I'm keen to get the Big Chap Alien figure but today was looking at the NECA 18" Alien as a much cheaper alternative (At 35 bucks instead of 150).. anyone got it? From the pics looks like it'd be pretty good with a bit of an airbrush.

I'm keen to get the Big Chap Alien figure but today was looking at the NECA 18" Alien as a much cheaper alternative (At 35 bucks instead of 150).. anyone got it? From the pics looks like it'd be pretty good with a bit of an airbrush.

It's a pretty decent figure. My only gripes with it were that the feet are posed balanced on the toes, which makes it very precarious to pose unaided, and the leg joints were really, really stiff on the two I got. On one of them, the ankle joint snapped rather than flex. It's quite poseable, although it uses rotation at mid-arm and mid-thigh for the legs, which can look a little odd since it offsets the patterns on the limbs when you rotate them.

The Hot Toys variant I've held, but don't own (yet, anyway). Really superb poseability, but pricey as heck. I've got the Hot Toys Aliens warrior, and it is really nice.

The NECA version is not a bad option, as long as you're just looking for a good representation. It's really huge, too. Makes an impression in a room, for sure.

Avoid the Medicom RAH version at all costs. They just slapped a rubber skin over a normal body, so it never wants to stay posed. They also market it as 1/6, but it's just the same size as all their other figures (which is slightly under 1/6, really), instead of the 15-16 inches that it should be.

Edited by Penguin

• 3 weeks later...

The DBZ figs are very posable. I have two, regular Goku and SS Goku, I have been on the fence about Piccolo, wish they make Vegeta and eventual Future Trunks.

Edited by kanedaestes

The Gokus look awesome! How poseable are they?

Extremely posible, amost everything you can imagine from the series/movies you can do with these things.

From Ka-me-ha-me-ha, to tele port, to spirit bomb. I found these right here in the Netherlands for an very cheap price ($50).

Hot Toys reveal their 3rd Iron Man 2 figure - The Mark IV

Now I REALLY wish I had more money...

Wow, nice upgrade! I have the Battle Damage version with the extra features but the moving fingers and articulated waist armor of the MK IV make me think about selling my MK III. Only negative i see is that the Tony head sounds like it's a bare one. Maybe they are saving the removable helmet for a later milking remake or for the MK VI.

BTW, what is the difference between the MK IV and the VI in the movie? Just the triangle chest battery and some grey paint here and there?

Edited by Twoducks

BTW, what is the difference between the MK IV and the VI in the movie? Just the triangle chest battery and some grey paint here and there?

Probably, I'm guessing it's more powerful as well. IM2 gets released in the UK next Friday and I'm off to an advance showing on the Thursday afternoon so I'll find out then ;)

Edited by Valkyrie Nut

I see me getting the MK. IV and War Machine, and unless the MK. VI is drastically different I will skip that one. From the looks of it is the same but I don't know Hot Toys will add to it to make people buy yet. Maybe I will just get WM for now and wait to see how the IV and VI look and decide then.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a case where since they already did the ScarJo Silken Floss they wanted to do something different with the Black Widow. I'd rather her lips were not parted as well but when I get the production version maybe my opinion will change? It does make her look kind of too much like a real doll or something..

I think it's a case where since they already did the ScarJo Silken Floss they wanted to do something different with the Black Widow. I'd rather her lips were not parted as well but when I get the production version maybe my opinion will change? It does make her look kind of too much like a real doll or something..

Well, it already looks a lot better than the Silken Floss figure does, so that's a start.

IMO at least.

Went on a hot toys 1/6 spree during the last 2 weeks...

• Dog Alien

• Grid Alien w/face hugger

• Executive Officer Kane

• She Predator Machiko

• Lost Predator

Some random pics...

The infamous scene

th_P1020169.jpg

Showdown

th_P1020167.jpg th_P1020168.jpg th_P1020166.jpg

So my wife said to me the other day that I should stop buying all the "cheap, junky" Iron Man figures (i.e. the 3.25" figures) and buy ones that are "a better investment".

If that doesn't sound like an endorsement to start "investing" in Hot Toys Iron Man figs, I don't know what is!

What's the best place to start pre-ordering War Machine and Black Widow? :lol:

So my wife said to me the other day that I should stop buying all the "cheap, junky" Iron Man figures (i.e. the 3.25" figures) and buy ones that are "a better investment".

If that doesn't sound like an endorsement to start "investing" in Hot Toys Iron Man figs, I don't know what is!

What's the best place to start pre-ordering War Machine and Black Widow? :lol:

Maybe it her way of comprising with you having a toy collection. Actions figures are cheap and makes it look you haven't grown up. They man-doll look like expensive collectibles.