Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

I would think the head was the easiest part... getting an accurate Kimono would be a bitch!

post-151-1254329933_thumb.jpgpost-151-1254329943_thumb.jpg

Finding an accurate kimono would be a bitch, but I was thinking in terms of making one. I think making the kimono (there are other 1/6 scale kimonos I could use as a base) would be easier than making her head, since I have zero sculpting or painting abilities. :|

And that Akira set looks wicked cool.

Fantasic Akira (whats his name Kanaeda) work of art!

Still no Vegeta, i'm dissapointed, i plan on getting the Son Goku Kid Version (not medicom), and never ended up getting the SS Goku or RAH Mark II silver

for obvious reasons! (no money)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 5 weeks later...
i forget where the pix are (And Im at work so I cant look really) but Has anyone else seen the Hot Toys Blade? ZOMG, Hot Toys has outdone themselves!

Yeah, BBTS has a sample pic. That guys is currently $199.99 but notes that the price may come down as the final product comes to completion. The head sculpt is bad ass.

Yeah, BBTS has a sample pic. That guys is currently $199.99 but notes that the price may come down as the final product comes to completion. The head sculpt is bad ass.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm on my way to BBTS right now. Joel is an awesome guy.

• 1 month later...

Hot Toys - MMS116 : IRON MAN - 12” Tony Stark collectible figure (Mech Test Version)

~ Movie Masterpiece Series ~

The 1/6th scale IRON MAN Tony Stark specially features:

- Newly sculpted head with authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark in the movie IRON MAN

- Approximately 30 cm tall figure

- ABS material TrueType body with newly designed chest, forearms and forelegs

- 34 points of articulations

- Two pairs of interchangeable hand palms

- LED-lighted heart device, hand gauntlet and boots (battery operated)**

- Real-like mechanically wired hand gauntlet and boots

- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Detailed Accessories:

- Articulated mechanical robot with 360° rotated base and fire extinguisher as accident detector

- Belt with one large and one small bag

- A pair of knee pads

- A pair of real-like leather shoes

Value-added Equipment:

- 6” X 6” black-color square-shape figure stage

- Cardboard backdrop imitating Tony Stark workshop setting where he practiced flight in the film

Artists:

- Head Sculpted by Kojun

- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

- Head Painted by JC. Hong

Note - ** batteries included

© 2008 MVLFFLLC. TM& 2010 MARVEL

Release date: end Q1 2010

IronMan-TonyStarkMechTestVersion-3.jpg

IronMan-TonyStarkMechTestVersion-7.jpg

IronMan-TonyStarkMechTestVersion-9.jpg

IronMan-TonyStarkMechTestVersion-14.jpg

IronMan-TonyStarkMechTestVersion-18.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty badass.

noticed hot toys are getting in on the "dolls", isit so hard to ask for a paltrow "Pepper", that would be awesome to pose with a MK II.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10101385

and check out Wolvie. - http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10096713

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

So, I'm sorta totally getting sucked into 1/6 figures... this is going to be a problem. Most of what I'm interested in is custom kitbash stuff to match figures like the 3A Ashely Wood stuff. I want to kitbash a grunt from his fiction, which is basically a mildly sci-fi'd up WWI trencher.

I have an older Zero Metal power armor figure that has a lame inner body figure that wears the armor, so I just bought one of the new Hot Toys slim-type bodies and some accessories to make a new figure to wear the armor. Hopefully everything is compatible enough (my only real concern is fitting the boots I bought to the armored leg pieces).

Edit: And I've been eyeing up the Soldier Story DAK trooper that came out last month... modern soldier figures don't do much for me, but I could see picking up a few cool historicals.

Edited by promethuem5

LOL... Remember tha scene where the Terminator is walking out of Cyberdyne and he was shooting people in the legs... well that was 1:1 scale and didn't look like arnold when they switched to the puppet.

This is 1:6 scale.

I have had this figure since it came out back in 2004 or 2005, and it is really well designed, but the actual person figure wearing the armor was crap. I saw the new HT TT bodies and thought I could finally fix this figure up. At the same time, I applied the decals that came with the figure and did all the weathering to the figure to make it look like a proper in-use piece of military hardware.

Lots more pics and a longer description on my site:

DaJoint 1/6 Zero Metal Defence Capsule Prometheum5’s collected works:

dajoint_zmdc_03.png

dajoint_zmdc_09.png

dajoint_zmdc_06.png

dajoint_zmdc_12.png

dajoint_zmdc_13.png

Let me know what you guys think!

Hey promethuem5, excellent work on the weathering. Thanks for sharing. Great to see some ZMDC tht's been fixed up for inspiration. Did you use a different black body suit with the HT slim version body? How long did it take you to complete this project? Do you have a matte coating on it?

I'm glad you posted. I have one too as a back burner project, along with my Solid Snake. I'm bummed that Takara, Medicom, Hot Toys nor Sideshow has come up with a young Solid Snake; who I think was best because that 1997 game blew everyone's imagination. I became a fan back then, and still waiting for that 12" figure.

Here's a couple of my back burner projects:

4772.jpg

4773.jpg

Wow, both of those kitbashes look quite good so far! Destro fits surprisingly. well into the ZMDC armor. Your Snake looks quite good as well... that's a figure I'd love to have in 1/6, but like you said, the best bet is to make your own for the most part.

As for your questions, the stock ZM black body suit fit like a charm on the HT TT Slim AA body, and the figure fir right back into the armor with no mods. I did a little weathering to the suit, but not much, and spend most of my time on the armor... I did an oil wash, some drybrushing, some chipping, mud spattering, oil stains, and heavy decaling, all protected under a couple coats of Future and then a matte finish.

• 3 weeks later...