Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

2 things coming up on my plate from Star Wars!

212th Attack Btln Clonetrooper

http://www.kidnemo.com/index.php?main_page...roducts_id=4711

Nice bonus is the full sized rifle. If this was the blue 501st Legion CT, I'd be even more ecstatic. But this'll do.

Sandtrooper

http://www.kidnemo.com/index.php?main_page...roducts_id=6089

Not only do we get a Sandtrooper, but he's got a weapon only seen for a few seconds in ANH. Real unique, IMO, since no company has ever produced a Sandtrooper with this weapon, 12 inch figure or not.

A friend of mine just sent me this link. I thought this was the right place to post this:

Bruce Lee Vs. Iron Man

I never had any doubt who would win :ph34r:

Edited by Warmaker

Those Star Wars Troopers look awesome! How poseable are these? Been wanting to get any poseable Star Wars Clone/Stormtroopers in this scale. I really like the Kotobukiya/ArtFX fixed-pose figures, but it would be nice to have these, too.

I've been a sucker since a kid for the Troopers in Star Wars, esp. in the OT.

I've never owned a Sideshow figure before. All the figs I have are Medicom / RAH. These would be the first I'd get from that Company. I do have the RAH Sandtrooper, Stormtrooper, and Ep.III Clonetrooper. Poseability is pretty decent, especially with the Stormtroopers. My complaints about them are the company's lackluster amount of accessories, namely weapons you see them use in the movies. The Sandtrooper does have the backpack and weathering so it stands apart from my other Troopers.

Would kill to get a Biker Scout / Scout Trooper and Snowtrooper though :lol:

As far as Kotobukiya / ArtFX Star Wars figures, I do have a number of them.

Sandtrooper (there are 2 others in this series from years ago. Also something to look out for: Kotobukiya's "attempts" at weathering were absolutely HORRIBLE. To depict dirt on the Sandtroopers' armors, they basically had some idiot get a cotton ball, dip it in paint, and dab the figures here and there. I mean, Jesus H. Christ, I did that when I was 5 years old or something! I had the 3 Sandtroopers from years ago, and they all had this p**s poor "weathering." I got to some model building forum and got some advice on redoing the scheme. It's tricky since the figures are all vinyl and my normal stripping techniques would melt it. Took alot of work to get it looking good, and now they're sitting on display back home :lol: )

Scout Trooper

Clonetrooper Ep.III (A nice once, IMO, and I do like the color scheme for the 501st)

TIE Fighter Pilot (I was a hardcore Imperial player in the X-Wing series of games on the PC during the 90s. This was a given)

Snowtrooper

Cmdr Bly (Another nice figure, IMO)

My ArtFx Star Wars wishlist?

Cmdr Gree (with head still on, of course)

Cmdr Cody

ARC Trooper

Scout Trooper (in another pose other than the current crouch down. Better yet, on a Speeder bike!)

Edit to add: Kotobukiya's weathering attempts as I mentioned earlier were atrocious. But after that dismal Sandtrooper release, I have never seen that problem resurface since then. Hopefully someone got their a** handed to them for that.

Edited by Warmaker

The customer service department at Angolz says their Medicom Harlock's are in stock.

For the [0000106593 RAH-422, Space Pirate Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999

X 1 @ 150.00], it will be in stock again tomorrow. If you would like to

continue this order...,

What're the chances of Medicom making a Queen Esmeraldas, Susumu Kodai, or Captain Okita?

thanx UN SPACY!!!!!

Sounds great..I,ll check it out!!

now just stay at that $150.00 dollar mark, Harlock while I gather the funds...PLEASE!! :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all!

Need help...Does anybody know what headscuplt Triad Toys

used for their BARENLESS outfit? Thanks in advance.

It's apparently a custom repaint of the Cy Girl Luna. Source: https://www.triadestore.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1692 ::googles:: Yup, definitely the head from this one: http://l.6scalehobby.home.att.net/03-005_K...s_Luna_0005.jpg

anybody got the new Medicom RAH Alien figure? Im really interested in getting this but cant seem to find a review anywhere.. Anybody shed some light on this? Thanks!

not really a review but some kind words and a link to a bunch of figures

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/show...light=RAH+alien

errr... pictures not figures... thinking of the site...

triad toy's partially pisses me off.

i remember back on mvolks board when they were starting out it was about the hobby and making stuff better. what we got was hiked up priced limited runs well over a year of waiting before they released their first bodies, and then it became more about the licences than developing their own brand.

• 1 month later...

I have recently been getting back into this scene again. I managed to get a hold of Blue jumpsuit Hikaru, but I am most excited by the Sideshow Toys Asajj Ventress I just bought. I have a Sideshow Darth Maul That is a great figure. I have read reviews that the Asajj is awesome, does anyone else have any experience with these figures?

triad toy's partially pisses me off.

i remember back on mvolks board when they were starting out it was about the hobby and making stuff better. what we got was hiked up priced limited runs well over a year of waiting before they released their first bodies, and then it became more about the licences than developing their own brand.

I don't have any triad 12" figures, but I've been waiting for their samurai champloo 12" figures for like ever now. I don't even know if they released it yet or not. If not they don't even have a release date. Damn them! :angry:

medicom kind of a mixed bag to me

some things look really nice and overall the quality

is nice and sometimes the quality is lacking

all i buy from them now are the Ultraman figures . glad they're

re releasing a bunch i missed them when they were 1st

available other than that its hard to keep up with everything

they put out

I was watching Science of The Movies last night and they showed how Gentle Giant makes their 1/6 movie figures by scanning the actors. I think Hot Toys is hand sculpted right? The figure looked like the annoying host but the Hot Toys and Enterbay faces look more alive.

• 3 months later...
Triad Toys' Samurai Champloo

These look very cool. Triad Toys is a newcomer, if you guys haven't seen their previous figures, they made some awesome ninja figures last year, and are making Taki from Soul Calibur as well.

Does anyone know what's going on with Triad's Champloo figures? I thought they'd be out by now. I tried digging through Triad's forum for some info but I didn't find any.

Does anyone know what's going on with Triad's Champloo figures? I thought they'd be out by now. I tried digging through Triad's forum for some info but I didn't find any.

To answer my own question, a post yesterday on the Triad forum by a Triad guy says that final production pieces of the the Champloo figures are on their way to them and will be shipping out to customers soon. He said "end of this month max", which I'm assuming he means end of October since today is the end of this month.

Now I'm considering making a custom Fuu to go along with Mugen & Jin. The body & kimono should be easy but I'm not sure about the head. Maybe I'll see if there are any Fuu statues that are roughly 1/6 scale.