Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

So, here is a thread on MW, which is all about 1/6 figures...good for me!

I recently started again in collecting a few figs here and there and my latest addition is the Medicom Ghost in the Shell Motoko and I must say she looks hot! I also pre-ordered the Sideshow G I Joe Snake Eyes but the release date got apparently pushed back from Jan to Mar.

Now I am getting hooked on the beautiful Iron Man MKIII but heard qc issues, so any feedbacks from members who actually have the fig?

the MkIII's out? My dad pre-ordered one some place but they said they had gotten pushed back?

I'm tempted to get the mkII, though I made myself promise I wouldn't get another toy over $100 until the VF-1S max comes out.

and a War Monger would be sweet though it would be MASSIVE, like ED-209 massive (which of course they did do)

What I heard from my regular hobby shop, HTs are making 2 runs of the MKIII. 1st run is sold out. If your preorder was pushed back I think you will get it on the 2nd run which will be march.

Guys, I just took my SS Goku out... I gotta say, thumbs up! Everything from top down to me is excellent, although if you're a discerning collector who mind that certain material shouldn't be used for a collector's item, SS Goku's chest and shoulder area is made of a rubbery... er.. rubber? I mentioned rubber because in place of it, Medicom would usually use pvc.

Still, it's a good piece imo. His clothing especially is well-made and sewn at places so the folds and creases it makes, resemble how Akira Toriyama drew his clothing in DBZ.

One more minor complaint though is how his paint and general color would look a little too bright and lacking in secondary tones to bring out more details when compared to the normal Goku... that actually depends on how you perceive the SS Goku. On one hand, yeah I do find the details lacking, but on the other hand, he is portrayed as in the midst of a power-up on the box, and he tends to look that way most of the time in the anime, so there you go.

A damn good piece of SS Goku to have. I expect a Battle-worn SS Goku next please, you hear Medicom?

Guys, I just took my SS Goku out... I gotta say, thumbs up! Everything from top down to me is excellent, although if you're a discerning collector who mind that certain material shouldn't be used for a collector's item, SS Goku's chest and shoulder area is made of a rubbery... er.. rubber? I mentioned rubber because in place of it, Medicom would usually use pvc.

Still, it's a good piece imo. His clothing especially is well-made and sewn at places so the folds and creases it makes, resemble how Akira Toriyama drew his clothing in DBZ.

One more minor complaint though is how his paint and general color would look a little too bright and lacking in secondary tones to bring out more details when compared to the normal Goku... that actually depends on how you perceive the SS Goku. On one hand, yeah I do find the details lacking, but on the other hand, he is portrayed as in the midst of a power-up on the box, and he tends to look that way most of the time in the anime, so there you go.

A damn good piece of SS Goku to have. I expect a Battle-worn SS Goku next please, you hear Medicom?

Probably be a limited run, but i was going to attempt the battle worn SS goku myself. Thanks for the review!~

• 2 weeks later...

My HT Iron Man MkIII arrived this morning. Looks great and the poseability is very good. There was a small QC issue in that a pin that holds the hinge together on the left flap tip was missing but I was able to fix this by making a new pin out of part of a large paperclip. Other than that it's a great figure and I would recommend it as a worthwhile purchase B))

I've taken some pics, check them out at the link below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83239867@N00/...57614297769356/

Edited by Valkyrie Nut

Does anyone have any experience with the Sideshow Collectibles 12" Shaun from Shaun of the Dead? Big Bad Toy Store has it on clearance and I am seriously tempted to buy it. I am just getting into collecting 1/6 scale figures and to this point my only experience comes from old G.I. Joe figures. So I have no idea what Sideshows quality is like. They also have the Ed figure not sure if I want to pick that one up also though.

Gah, I've been bitten by the bug :p I just ordered the Sideshow General Obi-wan, got on the waitlist for the Snake Eyes and the Hot Toys Iron Man is tempting me really bad.

Must resist, need money for Yamato SDF-1, will convince self to wait for second Iron Man movie and a possible Hot Toys War Machine and Iron Man :lol:

Enterbays 24 figures look stunnning.

It's insane that both Enterbay and Hot Toys are coming out with Marlon Brando Godfather figures. They're almost the same as far as accessories and look. Hot Toys even resculpted theirs to compete against Enterbay I guess. I'm not interested in getting it but I'm still blown away by the quality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new, incredibly sexy Medicom 1/6 -thin body sculpt(nice head too!!),most anime accurate CAPTAIN HARLOCK is instock(atleast at hlj.com$190.00 approx).

Still waiting for it to arrive at angolz for a $150.00 price tag!!!

anyone been following this ,about to buy one..or.. has one with a review????

thanx.

Troyness. B))

I only found out a couple of seconds ago that Medicom was making a Harlock figure.

MY. JAW. FELL. TO. THE. GROUND! OMG it looks amazing!

nice... I'd like an emeraldas figure though ^_^

UN SPACY.

Thats what I,m talkin, about...hell yeah!!!

It,s not the original with brown pants..but who cares THAT is the best Harlock figure I,ve seen yet.

Going from experience with Medicom...I,m very happy with my Gatchaman figures ...beautiful face sculpts that resemble the anime very well.

I also love the box art on the new Harlock figure!!!Also very curious on the thin body sculpt for this Harlock beauty!!

I think Angolz is the cheapest I,ve seen..but if anyone see,s it for less than $150.00 let us know!!! ^_^

just got my Hot-toys Blackjack + pinoko set (doctor version)...very lucky to have it ..only 500pieces made!!!!

Now if I could only get the unattainable Blackjack black coat version...I,ve seen it once on ebay,but didn,t have the funds at the time .also 500 pieces made ..a TRUE collectable,very rare..anyone who has it, is able to ask what they want for it on the after market...it,d be nice to have that type of power :lol:

Here's a quick review of Medicom Captain Harlock v2.0.

http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2009/03/medic...version-20.html

That's right. Apparently Medicom already released a Captain Harlock about ten years ago.

The differences are like night and day.

http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2008/02/space...by-medicom.html

Thanx for coming to the rescue UN SPACY!!!!

great review..nothing on the durability of the body sculpt..but I,m not worried I,ve had good experiences with Medicom from the purchase.s from the last 2yrs.

I,m sure if there was an issue with the body it,d had been mentioned in the review

troyness when did you place your pre-order with angolz?

i think i'm gonna wait until they have them in stock.

I haven,t placed an order yet..I,ll wait until it comes instock,same as you(although I do have itchy credit card fingers!!)

Seems like Medicom is re-re-releasing The Rocketeer. Now it's Ver. 2.5. I know the differences between the first two versions but I can't read japanese, so any help will be much appreciated since I've been holding on this figure for a long time now:

Shinier paint job seems to be it from the pics.