Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

you should try www.toytokyo.com. I usually pick up a 12" figure here and there from them when they come out to SDCC. This is where I got my MGS Snake with croc head and Snake with skull face paint for like 130 each. They sell other kinds of toys as well if your into the whole urban designer toy craze. Enjoy! ^_^

I sent them an email because they list the Chuichi Koshiramaru Protect Gear for $129.99 (it's well over $200 everywhere else) and they haven't responded :( Probably just going to end up having to get the Kouichi Todome or Souichiro Toribe Protect Gears instead.

Vostok 7

I sent them an email because they list the Chuichi Koshiramaru Protect Gear for $129.99 (it's well over $200 everywhere else) and they haven't responded :( Probably just going to end up having to get the Kouichi Todome or Souichiro Toribe Protect Gears instead.

Vostok 7

hmmm... they're usually good on emails. Well how about calling them? here's their number: Ph: 718-777-2212 They're based in NY. Good luck! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the Hot Toys Cleaner Predator.. aussies - it's on sale at www.casefresh.com.au - I got mine there. the Iron Man 1/6 looks pretty amazing too.

Now that they have the rights for arnold's likeness It would be nice if they would go back and redo the original terminator figure they made, and gave us some T2 figures, sideshow's offerings while the sculpts were good were seriously hampered by the crappy bodies they stuck the figures on. I tried to remove their heads and put them on better bodies they stuck them on bodies very tightly.

I'm pretty sure I found a site like this a while ago, but my bookmark is LONG gone:

I need a site that details what figures come with what weapons, and/or what's out there. (mainly Dragon, Elite Force, 21st Century etc) I'm looking for a 1:6 P228. I know they exist, I almost bought one knowing I'd want it later---but now I can't find them, and I don't know what figure or what weapons set includes one---googling seems fruitless. (part of the problem is, it's not a military weapon really---pistols are a LOT less common than rifles and machine guns in 1:6--unless it's a Luger)

Ok, have an auction in for tereus so we'll see how that goes. I didnt put in a high bid, so I doubt ill get him, but we'll see.

Am also liking the look of somke of Sideshows LOTR figures, and some of the predators, and and and..... Oh poo Im hooked arent I?

Dammit, not again....

I used to be heavy in collecting 1/6 figures. I have most of the Hot Toys Predators, Aliens etc.. But Im running out of space.. plus funds have to be rerouted to other things.. like family lol. Anyway, the last 1/6 figure that Im getting is the bank robber joker by Hot Toys. Its going to be a classic.

Other than that, Im just concentrating on Macross/Robotech and Transformers stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently i decided to give 12" collectibles a shot, and being a Sci-Fi fan i started with the Appleseed figures and a predator. Now Deunan and Briarios are still a couple of months away, but Tereus arrived today, and i think he is broken. The bottom of his left leg, just below the knee, seems to be broken, or at least out of its socket. I honestly cant tell, and because of the full rubber suit I cant get a look at it. i wondered if anyone had any advice on this. Can i contact Hot toys? Do they even take returns or anything outside of Hong Kong? The seller I bought it from on ebay claims it wasnt broken before, however it was certainly broken when i got it out of the box. If that isnt an option, is it possible to get the rubber suit off the figure without damage? The suit is put ON so I assume it comes off somehow...

A day before this arrived I caved and bought a Wolf Predator in a shop. i took it home, and while puting the netting over the torso, the right arm dropped off. To clarify, the shoulder socket, which attaches in the torso on an L shaped cradle, didnt appear to be screwed in. I found the screw rattling around inside, and tried to screw it back in, but the joint would not stay. Finally I just used green stuff and essentially fused the joint into the shoulder. i lose a TONY amount of articulation, but its essentially the same as most 6 inch figs in range of motion, so no big deal.

My question is this: 2 Hot Toys toys, both busted. From what I read, Hot Toys is one of the best 12 inch figure makers in the market.

Why should i keep buying these expensive toys if they are going to break?

Why should i keep buying these expensive toys if they are going to break?

Because they look good and there is no one else to go to, same reason why people here have collected Yamato's valkyries, until late last year, there was no one else to go to, and people were willing to overlook flaws/breakages for the sake of looking good being the only toys of their kind out there.

Hot Toys' offerings tend to outdo their competitors in many ways, their sculpts are pretty damn amazing, and they are willing to tackle subjects that other companies might not try. I was surprised they went for movie Iron Man and even more surprised by how it turned out, in some shots, you can't even tell if you are looking at a movie still or the figure, and you can't say that about very many toys.

IM does look sweet...

Because they look good and there is no one else to go to, same reason why people here have collected Yamato's valkyries, until late last year, there was no one else to go to, and people were willing to overlook flaws/breakages for the sake of looking good being the only toys of their kind out there.

Hot Toys' offerings tend to outdo their competitors in many ways, their sculpts are pretty damn amazing, and they are willing to tackle subjects that other companies might not try. I was surprised they went for movie Iron Man and even more surprised by how it turned out, in some shots, you can't even tell if you are looking at a movie still or the figure, and you can't say that about very many toys.

the Yamato Valks are essentially the only game in town. Theres the non-transforms and the little 1/100 vf-1's, but we all agree they arent great.

Predator and Appleseed i COULD get smaller versions of. A lot of stuff in 12inch has decent smaller versions. not all of them, no, but a lot. So i COULD get the small versions.

Well, Ive gabbed a Sideshow LOTR Aragorn and Legolas so we'll see how they hold up once they arrive.

Edited by Scream Man

Anyone got charged for their SS Goku yet???

I haven't received any word yet, and i've set it as Pile of Loot so i can get the Iron Man silver sent with it same time. :D

no word on my ss goku yet either...got it through bbts, so we should get em at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it,s february now and the 1/6 Medicom Captain Harlock should have been out !!

Anyone know the latest on this thing?

Any reviews?

I still see it as a pre-order in some places..but hope there might be a "pre-release" review somewhere that I,m not aware of!!! :huh:

Okay, I just got my MkIII, I don't don't know what the toydaily's complaints are but I think Ironman rocks. The overall sculpt especially RDJ's face, the paint job to the excellent unobtrusive placement of the tiny led switches are well made. Poseablility is good and the figure is nice and tight with no unwanted floppiness. HT really did a good job on this. What I dislike though are, the pvc material on the IM's abdomen (for better poses) and the heavy over-boxing with gatefold flaps. Buy, buy, buy!

Ok. I guess I'm hooked too: I've never cared too much for 1/6 figures since they're too big to be that playable (i.e. you can't have a lot of vehicles to put your figures into, they're expensive,etc), but recently 1/6 figures have made an incredible jump from kiddy toys to works of art.

All this ado is only to justify my latest purchase: I just won a HT Terminator Endoskeleton on eBay, so I decided to look out for a more fleshy rendition of the T-800, but not even the Battle Damaged Terminator figure from HT convinced me, despite all the generous amount of accessories, due to its infamous "zombie" headsculpt (an obvious move to avoid likenesses fees). Luckily, during my research I stumbled upon this guy. He happened to have a spare Arnie head ready for painting lying around, so I committed the cash and now he's painting it for me. The problem now is to find a HT Terminator figure at good price. Last time I checked on eBay, there was one going for 300+ dollars! I'm afraid I bite more than I can chew, but if any of you guys know of a Terminator figure in good shape and or price, please let me know.

post-1636-1233604132_thumb.jpg

Okay, I just got my MkIII, I don't don't know what the toydaily's complaints are but I think Ironman rocks. The overall sculpt especially RDJ's face, the paint job to the excellent unobtrusive placement of the tiny led switches are well made. Poseablility is good and the figure is nice and tight with no unwanted floppiness. HT really did a good job on this. What I dislike though are, the pvc material on the IM's abdomen (for better poses) and the heavy over-boxing with gatefold flaps. Buy, buy, buy!

the MkIII's out? My dad pre-ordered one some place but they said they had gotten pushed back?

I'm tempted to get the mkII, though I made myself promise I wouldn't get another toy over $100 until the VF-1S max comes out.

and a War Monger would be sweet though it would be MASSIVE, like ED-209 massive (which of course they did do)