Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

On 12/7/2022 at 8:05 AM, borgified said:

Don't ask... :vava:  I wonder what cheap drugs that Marvel is smoking to make this movie and figure. 

420083-3595F192-83A7-4251-B85B-5569B051354F.jpeg

420082-AA61128A-AAA3-4F7B-975B-E89EBB4CD239.jpeg

420089-3D47C7AB-6856-49A2-9357-869F017BCC7D.jpeg

Maybe they are contractually obligated to make that figure if they want to keep the Marvel (Disney) license. ^_^

3 hours ago, Scyla said:

Maybe they are contractually obligated to make that figure if they want to keep the Marvel (Disney) license. ^_^

This is why I joked about this sentiment before that Disney now 'owns' Hot Toys. Coz all they do is mostly Marvel stuff. :vava:

You guys got to start getting pickier honestly as prices of stuff is climbing and the inflation rate is insane right now. 

The more 1/6th stuff you get, your $$$ will be depleted faster with the Macross stuff we're getting as well, then it's deeper in the "RED" we'll go.    

8 hours ago, borgified said:

You guys got to start getting pickier honestly as prices of stuff is climbing and the inflation rate is insane right now. 

The more 1/6th stuff you get, your $$$ will be depleted faster with the Macross stuff we're getting as well, then it's deeper in the "RED" we'll go.    

It's why I stopped, @borgified. :rolleyes: Not only I'm running out of space. I'm also running out of budget. Hahaha! :lol: 

The only dilemma I have is that, I still want to have a Spider-Man figure. But not sure which one because I don't know which will go best with my Reeves Superman and Keaton Batman. And not only that, any recent release looks more refined than their previous releases so I know it's not a good match to display them altogether. :unsure:

Edited by no3Ljm

I'm also in the same place @no3Ljm and I'm getting very nit picky with whatever 1/6th stuff is getting pumped out. I still have Hot Toys Wandavision Liz Olsen (paid in full) and BoBF Fennic Shand (paid down with a $50 CDN deposit) on the wait list as it's been delayed due to the snags that has been happening recently.

Can't blow away $$$ on everything that's being teased or released. Some desperate measures has to be taken and I think that FOMO has to do with the sudden impulse in getting it in the first place.      

29 minutes ago, borgified said:

I'm also in the same place @no3Ljm and I'm getting very nit picky with whatever 1/6th stuff is getting pumped out. I still have Hot Toys Wandavision Liz Olsen (paid in full) and BoBF Fennic Shand (paid down with a $50 CDN deposit) on the wait list as it's been delayed due to the snags that has been happening recently.

Can't blow away $$$ on everything that's being teased or released. Some desperate measures has to be taken and I think that FOMO has to do with the sudden impulse in getting it in the first place.      

True. I hate impulse buying. :rolleyes: 

On the other note...

image.jpeg.3066466496b8b5b3a655d133cdcf961a.jpeg

Any if you guys want to get InArt Aragon? Try OneSixthKit or Giantoy to see if the pre-orders are still open. 

There has to be better 1/6th stuff in the pipeline other than Hot Toys (mostly brainwashing us with Marvel and DC stuff). I know that 3rd party 1/6 is usually frowned upon, however some of the other companies are getting up to the upper tier level and going head to head with Hot Toys in terms of quality and standard (not talking about TBLeague as their on another side spectrum). 

Edit: Or Star Ace for that matter as their still in the bottom level of 1/6 stuff. Threezero can be a mixed bag from what I understand on their figures, but the Mecha stuff might be different.

Edited by borgified