Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Well... Can't blame Sideshow as other HK based sellers like Toysbuyingagent also ships stuff to the States as much lower costs. 

I actually have two pre-orders with ToysWonderland and will see what happens next.

Edit: So Sideshow claims to have the copyright, exclusivity and ownership to all the 1/6th figures? That's pure farce and baloney and Sideshow pulled the same BS on Toysbuying agent as well. 

Screenshot 2021-07-21 002707.png

Edited by borgified

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Well... Can't blame Sideshow as other HK based sellers like Toysbuyingagent also ships stuff to the States as much lower costs. 

I actually have two pre-orders with ToysWonderland and will see what happens next.

Edit: So Sideshow claims to have the copyright, exclusivity and ownership to all the 1/6th figures? That's pure farce and baloney and Sideshow pulled the same BS on Toysbuying agent as well. 

Screenshot 2021-07-21 002707.png

What is Sideshow claiming? USA distribution rights? 

Does anyone have more information/links to what is going on?

Wow... Sideshow just announced on their livestream that they're pulling the Collector's Edition for the new releases on July 25th for the con. Afterwards only the regular editions will be available.

And... the viewers are spamming the live chat with the Toyswonderland drama, because the big bossy boss boss mentioned something about 'drama' but didn't directly say what it was, LOL.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

18 minutes ago, Kicker773 said:

What are they pulling specifically? 

Sorry, it's the Exclusive editions (not collectors) they're removing from their site after July 25th. There's a timer countdown when you go to the product and select 'Exclusive'. AFAIK for each of the following:
Iron Strange (Sword)
Armored DeadPool (Arm cannon)
Blackwidow (Taskmaster shield)
Iron Man Mk1 (Metal helmet)
Boba Fett Repaint Armor [both versions with and without throne] (Holo Razor Crest & Holo Fett Slave Ship)

maybe others I missed?

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

So these won’t be available for preorder after 7/25? It’s ok if not like it won’t be available anywhere else on release 2023 lol

So basically create a panic to have people pre order something that won’t be here for another 2yrs. 

Edited by Kicker773

21 minutes ago, Kicker773 said:

So these won’t be available for preorder after 7/25? It’s ok if not like it won’t be available anywhere else on release 2023 lol

So basically create a panic to have people pre order something that won’t be here for another 2yrs. 

Yes exactly! Sideshow causing panic and artificial demand for their contract/distribution/license agreement they have with HTs, lol. I guess they're trying to starve the competition lol.

I read somewhere it's per Hot Toys' request those exclusive edition be ended. Hot Toys have poor customer service. Sideshow is a bully and seems to be the modern version of Harmony Gold. Perfect match. They should just marry each other. 

I hope other 1/6 companies rise up and are able to secure more licenses so it can give both Sideshow and Hot Toys a run for their money.

Even with Howard Chan and Sideshow barking out orders and roping up other 1/6th suppliers/creators to kneel at their feet, I'm good with other offerings to fill up the gaps. 

Exclusivity for only HT and Sideshow to sell their own stuff?? Then why is SS and HT not chasing down other 1/6th creators and giving them a huge slap on the wrist for reaching into their "Precious Territory" of securing the market?  :girl_devil: 

13 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

Thanks for that link. I was right about them repacking. My freaking Midas took 4 returns before I got one mint. I have paid all my preorders for the avenger line. 
Time to move onto other sellers and just eat the full price up front. 

Did they fight you at all on the 4 returns? Did you have to pay shipping?

The selling of used/opened items as new is unforgivable in my book.

8 hours ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

Did they fight you at all on the 4 returns? Did you have to pay shipping?

The selling of used/opened items as new is unforgivable in my book.

On the fourth one they tried. Saying that the blemishes were normal part of the figure and that they are consistent on what they’ve received from hot toys. My response was there is nowhere in the description that it was a “weathered” gold color iron man. So if they were not gonna replace it, I wanted a complete refund and was gonna go to toyswonderland or other company. They sent 4th one after I told them the go ahead and to inspect it before sending it out or I would return it. Long and behold I got a mint one 

193892CB-7176-4B3A-A9F9-B1C605FEE722.jpeg.e1ffe82f7b312647cda724fbe99efa9a.jpeg

Thor is out!! So basically gotta pick up rescue then just wait for hulk and iron Patriot 

47 minutes ago, Kicker773 said:

On the fourth one they tried. Saying that the blemishes were normal part of the figure and that they are consistent on what they’ve received from hot toys. My response was there is nowhere in the description that it was a “weathered” gold color iron man. So if they were not gonna replace it, I wanted a complete refund and was gonna go to toyswonderland or other company. They sent 4th one after I told them the go ahead and to inspect it before sending it out or I would return it. Long and behold I got a mint one 

193892CB-7176-4B3A-A9F9-B1C605FEE722.jpeg.e1ffe82f7b312647cda724fbe99efa9a.jpeg

Thor is out!! So basically gotta pick up rescue then just wait for hulk and iron Patriot 

Damn I was under quarantine back in Feb when I got my IM MK85 from them with a sratch/blemish on the chest plate. I was going to msg them and go through the hassle but figured I could paint, polish it over myself. The shipper box i got the MK85 in was unopened and I requested a double box. I think it was done at the HT's factory. 

20210202_012353_mfnr.jpg.648fccd9222fc10a71af14c5550c23aa.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

2 minutes ago, Kicker773 said:

85….

A0C7091F-E2A8-4226-8B29-4547F9D6412F.jpeg.0f3e2c03b629d904ddac7d9e3a909218.jpeg

and friends…

13BD9542-AABD-4708-8B8D-A3961A8FECFE.jpeg.eb7986da4de764d057c8e3730523bc28.jpeg

NICE! Yea I ended up skipping on WarPun, and on the fence about MK47. I got WMMK6 from AmiAmi on a 40%(?) off sale (listed as new, unopened) and used ferry ship at the time. It was double taped on the bottom (opened previously), but upon inspection there was no damage, wear, etc. I couldn't complain for 40% off.

Amiami does have good stuff for grabs in the 1/6th scale, however I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet (plus DHL shipping to Canada is going to be a killer. EMS is still suspended after the switch over to DHL back in March).

1 hour ago, Kicker773 said:

Nice!

I’d still try and reach out to sideshow and see if they can just send you another chest piece for the 85

Yea it was a long shot, but I contacted SS just before for a part exchange and sent over the pic above and highlighted/circled the indicated area. I only inspected it and for any missing parts when I received it and (under the anticipation of the future headsculpt exchange program) I placed it back in the box immediately. It's been sitting there ever since.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Amiami does have good stuff for grabs in the 1/6th scale, however I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet (plus DHL shipping to Canada is going to be a killer. EMS is still suspended after the switch over to DHL back in March).

Yea there were a lot more I wanted to get at the time too, but had to resist due to all the anticipated future releases.

58 minutes ago, borgified said:

@Kicker773 and anyone else that's planning to chop all ties to SS.

This post from the link I gave earlier - Do what you got to do.

Screenshot 2021-07-22 140035.png

Ahh geezz... thanks. I started reading the first two pages of that thread and got caught up in other things. I briefly checked the page from my phone earlier and the page count jumped, lol. 

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I wonder how many people have cancelled orders and request refunds AND if sideshow refunds the customers who paid off their figures. Sideshow will probably no refund the deposits but what would be bad is them either withholding the refund or just issue credit to keep the customers tied to them 🤷‍♂️

22 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Damn I was under quarantine back in Feb when I got my IM MK85 from them with a sratch/blemish on the chest plate. I was going to msg them and go through the hassle but figured I could paint, polish it over myself. The shipper box i got the MK85 in was unopened and I requested a double box. I think it was done at the HT's factory. 

20210202_012353_mfnr.jpg.648fccd9222fc10a71af14c5550c23aa.jpg

There’s one on eBay of sideshow does not replace it. Kinda expensive though .

3 hours ago, borgified said:

From BBTS - https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/171942

Threezero Storm Shadow PX Cameo version. 

Honestly I like this version more than the previous one. 

upload_2021-7-23_7-2-10.png

83277462-d5e3-4f2e-abd5-1e0cc39dfef2.jpg

That SS looks nice as hell. I'll probably have to save up for him and hope to score one down the road.

2 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

More Drama I guess… 

1CBBE62A-F7B7-46CB-827F-EEB97FC06FD7.jpeg.fa6fe4a8450f95f7396c4f305ad5b54d.jpeg

Oh wow...!

2 hours ago, borgified said:

I'll have to watch this one later.

2 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

I wonder how many people have cancelled orders and request refunds AND if sideshow refunds the customers who paid off their figures. Sideshow will probably no refund the deposits but what would be bad is them either withholding the refund or just issue credit to keep the customers tied to them 🤷‍♂️

From what I've read a good number have cancelled and others who cant afford plan to finish completing their existing orders (to not lose their NRDs) and then contemplate their options later.

1 hour ago, Kicker773 said:

There’s one on eBay of sideshow does not replace it. Kinda expensive though .

Aiyah... thank you very much for looking out! Good news is that the Sideshow rep who assisted me yesterday put a ticket through to their returns/exchange dept and I got a response from them today. Even though it was wayyyy beyond the 30 day coverage window they're going to honor a replacement (2-3wks eta) without the need for me to send the original back. I'm glad that worked out. Worse case scenario was that I would just airbrush over it with my best attempt for a match.

Looks good from Mondo, however I'm out if the regular versions are more than $250 MRSP (like the previous versions of Hordak), however I might bite on Man-at-Arms only.

Edit: No cape on Hordak as of now, however the side skirts on his hip side looks like he's wearing his pants up his waist. 

Edited by borgified

Ha ha ha... 

Are you going with SS after all this BS thats been happing to the Hong Kong 1/6th re-sellers @Kicker773

If Sideshow wants my cash for Black Widow (Black Suit), then good luck in hunting for me up in Vancouver, Canada cause its not going to happen.