Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

2 hours ago, crackpot said:

Needs a 1/6 Megazord, Dragonzord, and Titanus to go with the set. :D

Threezero needs to add the Kiba Ranger (White Ranger) and have both Falconzoid and Tigerzoid.  ;)

Each Ranger is asking $95 USD and all five is going for $542 USD 

* Update: Moff Gideon is going for $265 USD with a NRD of $26.50 USD at BBTS

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145314

Other stores might have the same pricing * 

23 hours ago, borgified said:

* Update: Moff Gideon is going for $265 USD with a NRD of $26.50 USD at BBTS

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145314

Other stores might have the same pricing * 

Other retailers have it for lower with free shipping if one wants to put the effort of shopping around. 

Anyway, with regards to getting Hot Toys 1/6 stuff from, BBTS is near the bottom of my list, with Sideshow itself at the very bottom. The official US distributor ironically has the worst pricing of them all. 

1 hour ago, crackpot said:

Other retailers have it for lower with free shipping if one wants to put the effort of shopping around. 

Anyway, with regards to getting Hot Toys 1/6 stuff from, BBTS is near the bottom of my list, with Sideshow itself at the very bottom. The official US distributor ironically has the worst pricing of them all. 

BBTS in my honest opinion has a great customer service. Bar none. Yes, it might be $10-30 more but in the end if you have problem with the figure (which I did before) they will help you worry-free and hassle-free. :good: 

By saying that, how I really wish that they can carry lots of Macross and Gundam stuff. And less hassle to preorder. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

BBTS in my honest opinion has a great customer service. Bar none. Yes, it might be $10-30 more but in the end if you have problem with the figure (which I did before) they will help you worry-free and hassle-free. :good: 

By saying that, how I really wish that they can carry lots of Macross and Gundam stuff. And less hassle to preorder. :rolleyes:

I haven't had issues with my stuff but I haven't heard any bad things with the retailers I've used for my 1/6 wants especially with how finicky these Hot Toys collectors are.

Edited by crackpot

Riding off the Mandalorian hype

https://news.toyark.com/2020/12/22/the-mandalorian-transport-trooper-figure-by-hot-toys-413815

Pre-orders should be up soon, to be released Q1/Q2 of 2022

Edit: Pre-orders are up on Sideshow for $220 USD

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-transport-trooper-hot-toys-907512

No word if either Mayfield/Din versions will get made as it's most likely the grunts are made first.

Hot-Toys-Transport-Trooper-010.jpg

Hot-Toys-Transport-Trooper-016.jpg

Edited by borgified

Mark 85 is out and I giggled. Need to be patient and just wait for sideshow to have it in stock but trigger finger is itching to maybe have two but if I do then it would end up being three with damage version as well being released. Picked up Starlord infinity version. Still need to get Wasp and Shuri to catch up. 

27 minutes ago, Kicker773 said:

Mark 85 is out and I giggled. Need to be patient and just wait for sideshow to have it in stock but trigger finger is itching to maybe have two but if I do then it would end up being three with damage version as well being released. Picked up Starlord infinity version. Still need to get Wasp and Shuri to catch up. 

There's a newer head for Tony from HT Facebook page as they have stated which is posted on the screenshot below.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Why do I get a feeling that Hot Toys is going to make another Luke (Mandalorian Ver) pretty soon. Which I think it's going to reissue the old ROTJ figure with new head sculpt (or de-aged head), new belt buckle, new robe. :rolleyes:

And watch it get released on Q3/Q4 of 2022 (which is most likely the case). 

Screenshot 2020-12-22 122513.png

I think that you have found it @no3Ljm.

I also did more digging found this post on HT Facebook . Looks totally different and everyone is giving HT a piece of their own mind. One comment says it looks like Steve Rogers before taking a booster shot.  

Edit: I might pass over Moff Gideon that HT has announced. For a character in the season finale doesn't give it justice, however Esposito is a great actor.  

Screenshot 2020-12-22 133515.png

Edited by borgified

They did alot more than change the headsculpt. If you look closely they changed the torso (& abdominal area), and shoulders (aside from the head). The initial version had a great amount of detail along the rib caged area of the figure and now it seems to have been simplified.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

16 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

they changed the torso (& abdominal area), and shoulders (aside from the head). The initial version had a great amount of detail along the rib caged area of the figure and now it seems to have been simplified.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here but it looks accurate to the actual armor from the movie scene. 

17 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

They did alot more than change the headsculpt. If you look closely they changed the torso (& abdominal area), and shoulders (aside from the head). The initial version had a great amount of detail along the rib caged area of the figure and now it seems to have been simplified.

But then, all they were offering is an updated head sculpt based on what they posted on their Facebook since the figure was already released. I guess between those marketing photos (prototypes) during the initial announcement of the product it might probably went back to more tweakings in-between.

2 hours ago, crackpot said:

I'm not sure what you're referring to here but it looks accurate to the actual armor from the movie scene. 

Honestly I'm not so irked about the headsculpt. I already knew the head version shown from the prototype made RDJ/TS too 'clean', 'chiseled' and 'healthy' looking. There wasn't enough age and wear on his face. I wasn't getting the mk 85 for RDJ's head but for the armor.

I didn't compare the final version to the movie version, but initially the prototype is what sold and caught the attention of the fans (especially for me). I'm aware they had a 'prototype - subject to change clause' on their pics, but they could've given it a fair heads up seeing how many places required deposits up front. Not that anyone who put a ~70$ deposit down would've cancelled at that point.

I don't want to flood the thread with comparative pics but there's enough from their fb final product picture thread and pics shown on sideshow, bbts, etc for comparison (unless sideshow, etc updates their listed pictures).
https://www.facebook.com/hottoys/photos/a.10157703421847344/10157703413802344/

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-lxxxv-hot-toys-904599

I thought it might've just been the color painting scheme/arrangement/pattern change at first but then realized how much of the sculpted detail on the body (and maybe the actual proportions) were changed. 

The flared edges by the clavicle/chest/shoulder area (the amount of lines and the actual curved feature of the chest plate). It went from a more pronounced wave to a lesser one with additional and more straighter lines which don't follow the flow of the new curved feature as well.

The abdominal/rib/serratus section no longer looks has the organic muscular like features, but more flatten out and drawn out panels instead.

The shoulder covers seem to have been flatten out or less rounded out, making the overall appearance look narrower. And yes they actually changed the sculpt of the shoulders too... a few panel lines suggest they made an actual change.

And I speculated that maybe they changed it for articulation purposes, but it seemed to me that their prototype version had no problem with poses.

There's probably more, but I decided not to dig myself a hole of dislike and accept what is going to be released.

IE. Rib, shoulder, neck sections:

Spoiler

PROTO:
iron-man-mark-lxxxv__gallery_5ca26d11f18

FINAL:
131987924_10157703416747344_798917762543
131985594_10157703416697344_575544733070

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

But then, all they were offering is an updated head sculpt based on what they posted on their Facebook since the figure was already released. I guess between those marketing photos (prototypes) during the initial announcement of the product it might probably went back to more tweakings in-between.

Yea I'm guessing/thinking the same way too. It's a nice gesture that they're offering a replacement for the initial headsculpt, but I was originally sold on the armor... I really liked the 'organic' look of the prototype and less of the 'flattened' version of the final.

EDIT:
Just realizing it now since I looked at the legs, they also changed those too. It's like they went with a wholeeee different version. lol.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

1 hour ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Honestly I'm not so irked about the headsculpt. I already knew the head version shown from the prototype made RDJ/TS too 'clean', 'chiseled' and 'healthy' looking. There wasn't enough age and wear on his face. I wasn't getting the mk 85 for RDJ's head but for the armor.

I didn't compare the final version to the movie version, but initially the prototype is what sold and caught the attention of the fans (especially for me). I'm aware they had a 'prototype - subject to change clause' on their pics, but they could've given it a fair heads up seeing how many places required deposits up front. Not that anyone who put a ~70$ deposit down would've cancelled at that point.

I don't want to flood the thread with comparative pics but there's enough from their fb final product picture thread and pics shown on sideshow, bbts, etc for comparison (unless sideshow, etc updates their listed pictures).
https://www.facebook.com/hottoys/photos/a.10157703421847344/10157703413802344/

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-lxxxv-hot-toys-904599

I thought it might've just been the color painting scheme/arrangement/pattern change at first but then realized how much of the sculpted detail on the body (and maybe the actual proportions) were changed. 

The flared edges by the clavicle/chest/shoulder area (the amount of lines and the actual curved feature of the chest plate). It went from a more pronounced wave to a lesser one with additional and more straighter lines which don't follow the flow of the new curved feature as well.

The abdominal/rib/serratus section no longer looks has the organic muscular like features, but more flatten out and drawn out panels instead.

The shoulder covers seem to have been flatten out or less rounded out, making the overall appearance look narrower. And yes they actually changed the sculpt of the shoulders too... a few panel lines suggest they made an actual change.

And I speculated that maybe they changed it for articulation purposes, but it seemed to me that their prototype version had no problem with poses.

There's probably more, but I decided not to dig myself a hole of dislike and accept what is going to be released.

IE. Rib, shoulder, neck sections:

Hide contents

PROTO:
iron-man-mark-lxxxv__gallery_5ca26d11f18

FINAL:
131987924_10157703416747344_798917762543
131985594_10157703416697344_575544733070

Yea I'm guessing/thinking the same way too. It's a nice gesture that they're offering a replacement for the initial headsculpt, but I was originally sold on the armor... I really liked the 'organic' look of the prototype and less of the 'flattened' version of the final.

EDIT:
Just realizing it now since I looked at the legs, they also changed those too. It's like they went with a wholeeee different version. lol.

I can see what you're trying to point out but the issue with the prototype is that it isn't accurate anymore to the final render of the armor. The prototype most likely was based on the early designs/ promotional art by Disney/Marvel. Obviously, Hot Toys will redesign it to accurately match the final render or else it's not just the RDJ headsculpt that people will be up in arms about. This is similar to the Mk46 and Mk50 armors. Early prototypes of their figures were based on the promotional art and people were quick to point out the differences from the actual armor seen in the movie. I can't blame Hot Toys for the loss of some details on the armor on this one. 

26 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I can see what you're trying to point out but the issue with the prototype is that it isn't accurate anymore to the final render of the armor. The prototype most likely was based on the early designs/ promotional art by Disney/Marvel. Obviously, Hot Toys will redesign it to accurately match the final render or else it's not just the RDJ headsculpt that people will be up in arms about. This is similar to the Mk46 and Mk50 armors. Early prototypes of their figures were based on the promotional art and people were quick to point out the differences from the actual armor seen in the movie. I can't blame Hot Toys for the loss of some details on the armor on this one. 

Meh... this was probably the best I was able to find regarding the detail of the final render used in the movie version.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/672584525592752482/
Although the detail lines up more accurately with the final HT version (the serratus, abdominal section does look indeed flattened out opposed to the prototyped HT version), I guess I'm just bummed out that they didn't keep the thiccboi features from the fight scene... wider shoulders, chest section...
Even with that render of Tony 'suiting up' it shows how much Marvel's animation artists needed to adjust the suit to fit RDJ's frame. Where as other shots of the movie the armor seemed like a muscle suit around him. 

Spoiler

avengers-endgame-deleted-scenes.jpg?q=65

Iron-Man-Endgame.jpeg

iron-man-mark-lxxxv.jpg

There was even a shot of Tony waking up Capt and meeting up with Thor (but I couldn't find a net reference image) before the end fight with Thanos and it showed just how wide the mk85's shoulders were.

Too much cinema magic... it's like they got the idea from macross... lol jking.

Meh it is what it is I guess.

14 minutes ago, Kicker773 said:

Looks like they re-releasing Kaneda with a whopping price tag. 

June 2021 release for Y24800.

http://medicomtoy.co.jp/list/15923.html

Y10000 increase from the first 2010 release.

For that new price, I wonder if they're going to update the fabric this time. And an extra shirt would be nice.

b196c7c0f6a98d1fdc6c24f3b90d1c99.thumb.png.6d9eef8ae48739806c4d38f1350a8302.png

1 minute ago, Kicker773 said:

I guess they are re-releasing them all. Wonder if they will release the separate bike parts. 

The extra cowl and front tire covers with decal sheet to create the DVD illustration? It’s not in the Product Information list:

■ Set Contents

・ Kaneda's motorcycle body
・ Front cowl
・ Light cover
・ Front wheel cover (right)
・ Front wheel cover (left)
・ Side cover (right)
・ Side cover (left)
・ Rear wheel cover (right)
・ Rear wheel cover (left)
・ Rear wheel frame cover
・ Tail cover
・ Side undercover (right)
・ Side undercover (left)
・ Stand auxiliary parts
・ AAA batteries (AAA) x 3 (sold separately)

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I copy you on the Bike as well @Alex GS at 54k yen and take a page from @no3Ljm to get Kaneda instead. Hopefully that this Medicom body is better than the previous version. 

About the body, I checked the old info I could find for the 2010 release comparing to the new one posted on the links above and both says it’s still using the RAH301 body. I can’t remember now if there were any issues regarding that specific RAH body. Mine is still ok at this point because he’s just standing in the cabinet. Can’t leave him sitting on the bike for too long since I know it will cause heavy damage on the fabric. However, what I really want to know if they updated the fabric for this release. And I can’t find any info about that last night. :unsure:

Now would I’m willing to buy if ever they did updated the fabric? I’m not sure. Because I find the price too much. Hot Toys price level but not Hot Toys quality level. But this release is good for people who missed it the first time around because of how much the old release go nowadays. Especially the bike. Knowing it’s the same, atleast you get a fresh new built this time around. I’m already happy with my bike. I just need to buff it to look new again. ;) 

I did some research on the RAH301 body and this is what was posted on Sideshow Collectables Forum from Stacycmc posted in 2018/06/25

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189327

"I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm desperately searching for replacement options for a Medicom RAH body (two actually). First my Light Yagami (Death Note) RAH had both shoulders pop off. While trying to replace his body with an Obitsu slim 27cm, his hip fell off. Yay...good quality plastic Medicom!!

Then, I'd ordered a Ginko from the Mushi-shi anime (another Medicom RAH). Get him in, and am admiring how awesome he looks....but his right arm is a bit stiff and while I'm gently posing him and trying to loosen up the joint, BAM....it snaps and his arm falls off." 

Reading on, the Kamen Rider bodies where better for that line. :unknw:

There was a swap done from the Medicom RAH301 to the Truetype Body posted here dated 2010/07/03 and it looked better.

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59985&highlight=medicom+akira&page=97

So... A Body Swap is suggested if you don't like the RAH301 body, however it's YMMV I guess.