Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

I preordered this with bbts. I'm tired of asking sideshow for their 'pad out option' and always get rejected with the bs response 'the box is too big'. It ends up getting it mailed with the brown shipper box with the label slapped on and dents, tears, scrapes etc. I've even offered to pay extra no matter the cost on the shipping. My QS HT Ironman MK45 showed up with a hole on the side and dents all over the place, even a foot mark. My asajj ventress was bent in half, my ht metal gear revengance raiden was demolished on one side and other figures too.

The price with BBTS for this was 275$ including their shipping cost, tax ($250 + $21 tax + $4 ship) and sideshow is $272 ($250 + $22 ship). I'd rather pay the extra $3 with bbts and not get my item banged up, rather than offer to pay sideshow $40+ for shipping with padded out option only to get rejected.

The only time I get stuck using sideshow is if I have like 25$ or more in credit.

On 12/6/2019 at 8:29 PM, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I preordered this with bbts. I'm tired of asking sideshow for their 'pad out option' and always get rejected with the bs response 'the box is too big'. It ends up getting it mailed with the brown shipper box with the label slapped on and dents, tears, scrapes etc. I've even offered to pay extra no matter the cost on the shipping. My QS HT Ironman MK45 showed up with a hole on the side and dents all over the place, even a foot mark. My asajj ventress was bent in half, my ht metal gear revengance raiden was demolished on one side and other figures too.

The price with BBTS for this was 275$ including their shipping cost, tax ($250 + $21 tax + $4 ship) and sideshow is $272 ($250 + $22 ship). I'd rather pay the extra $3 with bbts and not get my item banged up, rather than offer to pay sideshow $40+ for shipping with padded out option only to get rejected.

The only time I get stuck using sideshow is if I have like 25$ or more in credit.

Checkout Toy Dojo. They double box (+$7) and dont charge tax. $150+ orders are shipped free. Great service all the way around. I'm in CA so SS and BBTS are last resorts as they both charge tax and shipping is ridiculous from SS.

Edited by RED WOLF

3 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Checkout Toy Dojo. They double box (+$7) and dont charge tax. $150+ orders are shipped free. Great service all the way around. I'm in CA so SS and BBTS are last resorts as they both charge tax and shipping is ridiculous from SS.

Awesome and thank you! I'll give them a shot!

Up on Toyark

https://news.toyark.com/2019/12/11/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-jet-trooper-and-sith-jet-trooper-by-hot-toys-373019

To be released Q4 2020 and Q1 2021, pricing and pre-orders not yet determined.

Edit: Update as of 2019/12/12. Pre-orders up on Sideshow for $220 USD for each.Rise-of-Skywalker-Jet-Troopers.jpg

Hot-Toys-Jet-Trooper-015.jpg

Hot-Toys-Sith-Jet-Trooper-016.jpg

Edited by borgified

15 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

Whatever that is on their chest is terrible. Looks like some sort or corporation logo. 

Tell that to the creators of the movie.. Maybe its Johnson's idea.

4 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Why do the stormtroopers have Pedipalps?

Then why does the 31f ,31c and 31j have these in the head designs? Maybe to copy the Varja from Frontier and to look more aggressive.

This is just speculation on my part. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, borgified said:

Then why does the 31f ,31c and 31j have these in the head designs? Maybe to copy the Varja from Frontier and to look more aggressive.

This is just speculation on my part. :rolleyes:

They'd look much less weird if they were on the sides or not curly (like the 31) rather than front and center. But that's just my opinion.

Spoiler

29749782_1823478471289505_28760193539710

2 hours ago, tekering said:

I don't like any of the VF-31 head designs, but they're a damn sight better than those hideous Jet Troopers.  Yuck.

Plus, the visibility must really suck in those helmets.  <_<

Well at least the Predator has those claw-like mandibles and their not too garrish looking, however you don't want to mess with them either. 

I bet those troopers helmets have enhanced slight capabilities like the Stormies. The other question is, can they aim and fire the blasters and not miss (we all know that Stormies can't aim properly). :crazy:

Edited by borgified

On 12/13/2019 at 8:59 AM, borgified said:

Posted on Toyark.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/12/13/new-photos-and-details-for-the-destiny-2-warlock-philomath-figures-by-threezero-373338

Threezero Destiny 2 figures. Pre-orders are on the 16th and pricing not determined yet

ThreeZero-Destiny-Warlock-Calus-Shader-005.jpg

ThreeZero-Destiny-Warlock-Calus-Shader-004.jpg

ThreeZero-Destiny-Warlock-Golden-Icon-010.jpg

ThreeZero-Destiny-Warlock-Golden-Icon-003.jpg

I'm really bothered by the fact that the two guns it comes with occupy the same inventory slot and therefore can't be equipped at the same time; also Dawnblade and Coldheart don't synergize at all with Nezarec's Sin.

:edit:

I like the way it looks, but I don't wan a generic guardian, I want MY guardian.

Edited by anime52k8

• 3 weeks later...

From Toyark.

Incinerator Trooper from the Mandalore

https://news.toyark.com/2020/01/20/the-mandalorian-incinerator-trooper-1-6-scale-figure-by-hot-toys-376382

To be released at the end of 2020, beginning of 2021. Pricing and pre-orders not up as of now.

Edit: Seen where it appears. Anyone want a Moff Gideon if it gets made?  

Hot-Toys-Incinerator-Trooper-003.jpg

Hot-Toys-Incinerator-Trooper-015.jpg

Edited by borgified

Skipped over this one..

Mondo's Iron Giant in 12.5 inch this time

https://news.toyark.com/2020/01/20/mondo-mecha-iron-giant-figure-376400

$200 USD and $205 USD for the Deluxe version. To be released in Sept 2020 and pre-orders on Mondo's webpage.

Mondo-Mecha-Iron-Giant-037-928x483.jpg

Mondo-Mecha-Iron-Giant-009.jpg

Mondo-Mecha-Iron-Giant-Exclusive-001.jpg

Edited by borgified
Edit: Added correct pics

Given the size of this creature in the Mandalore, Sideshow has listed it actually as "Life Sized", however does it fit with in the confines in this particular range? :wacko:

https://news.toyark.com/2020/01/30/the-mandalorian-the-child-aka-baby-yoda-life-size-figure-by-sideshow-377321

For $350 USD, to be released in August to November of this year and has the shifter knob that the Mandalore has given him. Pre-orders are up on Sideshow.

The-Child-Life-Size-Figure-004.jpg

The-Child-Life-Size-Figure-022.jpg

Guess what's new for Hot Toys?

As per Toyark's post this morning...

https://news.toyark.com/2020/01/31/the-mandalorian-hot-toys-announces-plans-for-the-child-collectibles-377455

"The adorable Child with big ears and large eyes is expected to arrive, joining Hot Toys as the incredibly accurate life-size collectible, quarter & one sixth scale collectible and brand new Cosbaby figures that will capture the hearts of many! Stay tuned to our upcoming announcements for the acclaimed line-up inspired by The Mandalorian, Star Wars first live-action series."

Will "Baby Yoda" be a fad and then fade off like the Porgs and BB8?? :unsure:

Mandalorian-The-Child.jpg