Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Don't know why you'd buy it.. as I doubt the plastic quality on it is better than MP-10. HT is pretty cheap. It's also at twice the price for some artistic license.

But I know it's the only way HT could get in on the TF business - non-transforming and non-similar toys. Though who knows if they could engineer one anyway.

Anyway, I'm sure it will sell. HT fans, Optimus fans, or just Transformer Nuts who buy statues and crap.

Big market share.

Edited by Gakken85

I picked up my first Hot Toys sixth scale figure the other day -- Captain America, stealth suit version from The Winter Soldier. I tried to swap his default right hand/fist for one of the optional hands, and instead of pulling off just the hand, I pulled off the hand with the wrist joint that pegs into the arm. I'm having an insanely difficult time trying to pull the wrist joint out of the hand -- anyone have any advice for an easy way of removing these? I tried a few different things but I didn't want to do anything more for fear of damaging it. Hot Toys includes an extra pair of the wrists, so I was still able to pop one onto the optional hand and stick that on, but at some point I'd like to eventually salvage the other wrist joint.

$344 for a Optimus prime figure that doesn't transform? Why would you buy a figure based on a character that transforms but can't transform.

Bingo...

I picked up my first Hot Toys sixth scale figure the other day -- Captain America, stealth suit version from The Winter Soldier. I tried to swap his default right hand/fist for one of the optional hands, and instead of pulling off just the hand, I pulled off the hand with the wrist joint that pegs into the arm. I'm having an insanely difficult time trying to pull the wrist joint out of the hand -- anyone have any advice for an easy way of removing these? I tried a few different things but I didn't want to do anything more for fear of damaging it. Hot Toys includes an extra pair of the wrists, so I was still able to pop one onto the optional hand and stick that on, but at some point I'd like to eventually salvage the other wrist joint.

Dunk the part in a cup of hot water (I usually microwave a cup of water for 40-60 seconds) or use a hair dryer to heat and soften the plastic enough for your to remove the peg.

• 2 weeks later...

$344 for a Optimus prime figure that doesn't transform? Why would you buy a figure based on a character that transforms but can't transform.

Yikes! that's a bit rich! It doesn't even look that good a figure to begin with! I now don't feel so bad spending upwards or beyond $300 for my Valkyrie's after seeing the price of that Prime figure!

I just can't get into anything boba fett. Right now I have darth, 2 storm troopers, 1 clone trooper, and r2d2. I preordered the speeder bike and scout trooper. I also want r5d4 and the jawas.

It has to end somewhere. Hot toys and Macross is too much

That's why I quit Hot Toys after dipping in for a few months. Don't have the room or the inclinations haha.

I do plan on getting one good Fett though.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm actually really into these:

Funny that they blurred out the tail. :lol:

I would buy that, but in that size, it's not detailed enough and I would prefer more realistic weapons, and actual leather belt/straps, realistic cloth bandana/elbow pads, etc.

I know it's comic book accurate, but at least go an extra mile with the design.

If they did the first movie turtles, with more realism, I'd buy it in a heart beat. I've been waiting for some 1/6 scale turtles, but I can't justify it yet.

Actually they are not the Ikea lights. Ikea stop selling the bright white light version and replaced all their line with the warm light. The ones I have are different and ordered through a different site. I can't think of the site at the moment. I'll post it when I find it in my email somewhere.

I was contemplating about it, I went ahead and got Luke and Vader back in the day with the hopes of ordering the others, but I know once I dive into it I'm going to go search for ways to customize them which will equal to more $$. I already got custom sabers and a hand for Vader. Plus I don't have anymore room. I was luckily enough that the wife let me put it on one side of our dining room, or else they'd be in their boxes. But I'm more focused on the Nolan section. With custom heads coming from a buddy of mine for the Joker, Batman Begins, TDK, and capes from Tony Mei, I'm good.

Also it doesn't help when I got into cycling as a hobby...I didn't know some bicycles cost more than a motorcycle...My Evo DuraAce Di2

DSC_0362_zpsa0a943en.jpg

DSC_0375_zpstpojhaib.jpg

I preordered Kylo Ren. What should I expect as it is my first Hot Toys figure?

It's not the same as a robot that transforms. You might be surprised by the articulation or you might not be.

It's usually pretty impressive on display though, and has a lot of wow value.