Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Yeah I've seen that article. No word from Hot Toys and I'm not into Playarts stuff.

I'm sure their will be new releases this fall around the movie release, but I wanted this anime accurate one :D

Edited by Gakken85

fBlCAihl.jpgrt0xfcfl.jpg

This thing is beaaaaaaautiful. The box is a little warped on the flap, but it's in good shape otherwise.

Really excited to display this guy.

Mmmmm...inside box art.

Yeah it's nice :D

Larger pic: http://i.imgur.com/rt0xfcf.jpg

It's basically my first real 1/6th figure. I got my brother a MK1 V2 Iron Man for a present, but I just checked it and didn't really handle it.

I hate Playarts figs. That rubbery texture is annoying, and when used to make the figure's legs, make it almost impossible to stand up on their own. Not a fan of the shoulder joints, either.

It's basically Japanese McFarlane... though slightly better than crappy McFarlane. haha

Edited by Gakken85

Japanese McFarlane? I'd say that a pretty accurate description! :lol:

Probably the only thing keeping it in business is the fact that SE hold the license to a lot of cool games, than Playarts can make figs of the characters.

Japanese McFarlane? I'd say that a pretty accurate description! :lol:

Probably the only thing keeping it in business is the fact that SE hold the license to a lot of cool games, than Playarts can make figs of the characters.

IMG_2697_zps48687608.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

I offer no apologies to a company stupid enough to put rubber legs on a figure, massively increasing the risk of poor QC, which results in a bent leg and a broken ankle joint. My poor FF XIII-2 Lightning will never dance again...not that it could dance to begin with, but it can't even f**king stand on its own. <_<

Oh yeah!

That's some Harlock! Can't wait to see mine arriving, I'll post pictures of my EVA-01 as soon as I have time :)

IIRC, HT made an announcement way back when that they were working on the new rebooted version of Captain Harlock. Has that been released yet?

Apparently, Square-Enix's PlayArts Kai is also making Captain Harlock figs of its own, along with that chick in the purple suit (I've never watched the anime).

Checked. Ugly.

Nausica (the chick) has a strange haircut and Harlock doesn't have that "cold-but-nice" expression, he looks like a vampire... :blink:

For the new Superman/Man of Steel, the Sideshow PF beats the Hot Toys figure this time around. I've yet to see the Superman statue/figure to get. Depending on the movie I might get the Sideshow PF. Not sure yet.

Edited by JetJockey

Also new Mari and the damaged version of 02 are on the way! I really want that version too! haha.

http://blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2013/06/20-01.html

I REALLY don't like the new armor style on the EVA's and I think I like the first version of Mari better (I wouldn't be surprised if the first version will end up being cheaper to get ).

I REALLY don't like the new armor style on the EVA's and I think I like the first version of Mari better (I wouldn't be surprised if the first version will end up being cheaper to get ).

It's not really a new style.. More of a battle damage version. It's in episode 3. I think it looks boss. haha.

I'm hoping they make a Rei in the black plug suit from episode 3. I might actually buy that.

It's not really a new style.. More of a battle damage version. It's in episode 3. I think it looks boss. haha.

I'm hoping they make a Rei in the black plug suit from episode 3. I might actually buy that.

no, all of the armor changes after the first battle scene in space.

unit-02 and unit-08 start out using classic style armor, then to this new armor style that looks aweful IMO.

o85ibk.png2jedxj.png4he4pu.png

I don't really like the over-sized bubble arm on 02, but I absolutely hate the torso and legs.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally managed to pick up a pair of 3A figures! Now I know what the fuss is all about. B))

I don't know much about the fiction, but they look really cool.

post-2535-0-36685500-1372866754_thumb.jpg

post-2535-0-32268400-1372866981_thumb.jpg

post-2535-0-64772900-1372867897_thumb.jpg

The skulls are apparently bombs. :lol:

They tend to have some QC issues though. The Penumbra figure (black) has paint chips in a few areas & a cracked shoulder socket, causing the arm to pop off at times and the Cherry Bomb figure (red) had its right knee glued in place. Nothing I couldn't fix, but still inconvenient.