Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Very Dynamic.

This isn't a very good picture but it shows him crouching:

I6fONxY.jpg

You can get that famous running pose out of him too. It's basically an articulated skeleton with rubber over it, then the plastic bits are over the rubber, so it's made to move. It also comes with a cool stand to help with any unstable poses.

The spine also bends in various ways, so you can hunch him and sway back and forth. The ankles have tons of articulation, and the hips kind of dislocate to make certain poses.

Ill try to take some better pictures of him in a crazy pose at some point.

From Heel to the top of his shoulder fin he's about 16 inches tall.

Edited by Gakken85

HLJ and BBTS both have him for pre-order. I figure Sideshow will have him up sometime soon as well.

http://www.hlj.com/product/THA96872/Act

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=THR10073&mode=retail

Yeah, I have him on HLJ, but that one is more expensive and without the free shipping for the huge box the 3A site had.

Hot Toys is releasing a crazy amount of Iron Man figures. I guess Comic Con will be Iron Man central at Hot Toys this year. Plus a few updates that they teased from last year like Batman 66, Batman 89/Returns, Prometheus, and whatever else I'm forgetting.

gotta refrain myself from collecting them.....89 batmobile on pre order and i think camo tumbler will be released soon...too bad the bat isn't going to be produced. I'm still debating if i can wait for the MKVII and which version, or just get the Mark VI to complete the avengers team.

Came back from the hobby store last weekend, and brought back the guy with the analgesic addiction (of course it's Bane; who else? :D )

Less than pleased with his lacking elbow articulation; couldn't recreate his trademark pose, with his hands holding the straps of his vest or overcoat.

But overall, pretty good, although I would have preferred a bulkier physique.

But all that matters is he's Bane, and he looks awesome battling Batman in my Detolf shelf.

gotta refrain myself from collecting them.....89 batmobile on pre order and i think camo tumbler will be released soon

Strange that the cammo Tumbler hasn't been released at your end yet. My hobby store just brought in a shipment of them last week or so. Of course, the shop is an official distributor for HT, so they probably get the first batches for new releases.

Thanks for the tip, Kicker! Got any tutorials on how to replace those arms? Money's kind of tight with all the pre-orders I've made, so it'll take a while before I can find the spare cash to get an HT torso for the arms.

BTW, when you said terminator arms, did you mean an actual Arnold fig, or sone of HT's stock bodies that are compatible with the Arnold fig. Getting an actual Arnold one might be too expensive for me considering after-market prices, not to mention wasteful. Wouldn't know what to do with the rest of the fig.

I got my arms from a TTM20 Arnold body. The arms on that figure allows you to bend much greater than 90 degrees. If you can find a arnold body for cheap its worth the mod. Now its not for the faint of heart though. You will have to cut the plastic/rubber cover of the bane body on the lateral mid-line under neath his armpit to get to the back and unscrew the covers. The same goes for the arnold body. After you get the arms removed you have to sand down the arnold arm pegs to make it identical or close to the bane pegs of his arms. Took me 20 mins to do. I'll take pics of my bane when i get a moment after i stop drooling my the Jordan figure.

This is how Bane Looks with the modified arms...you can see the boots I haven't slapped those on yet since I'm still waiting on the custom pants.

DSC_0122_zpsf5792b28.jpg

And of course this guy came in today....took a quick pic. Will try to get better pics soon.

DSC_0125_zpsd627d9b9.jpg

Two more spaces left...gonna put Kobe next to MJ and the two spaces will go to Luke and Darth Vader....and for Snake eyes and Storm Shadow. Then I think I'm done.

Bane looks so in character being able to hold his vest straps like that!

From your description, the mod sounds pretty nasty, and with his rubber skin cut, that probably means he won't be able to go shirtless anymore.

Would it be better to just get an HT heavy type body and put Bane's head and clothes on it? Thing is, I'm not sure if the heavy type body is able to bend its elbows as much as the Arnold body.

Man, that looks cool, Kicker!

So I just got my Joker 2.0 in and he's pretty much the best Hot Toys thing I own (granted I don't own that many...but still). How wrong is it that the tailoring on a 1/6th figure looks better than my real clothes? B))

...that reminds me...time to buy a new bespoke suit. Been spending too much on toys lately ;)

Edited by xrentonx

Long time no post and all, but I was skimming this thread and noticed there were a lot of questions and not enough pictures ;) I've been picking up a lot of 1/6 stuff lately and covering it for CollectionDX and thought you guys would enjoy the pics:

ht-Monger-39.jpg

ht-Monger-44.jpg

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/iron_monger

RAH-EVA01-33.jpg

RAH-EVA01-36.jpg

RAH-EVA01-45.jpg

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2013/rah_neo_evangelion01_test_type

3a-Atom-28.jpg

3a-Atom-07.jpg

3a-Atom-34.jpg

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/threea_real_steel_atom

3a-ambush-05.jpg

3a-ambush-22.jpg

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/ambush

3A-Halo-Commando-32.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=6d

3A-Halo-Commando-22.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=6d

3A-Halo-Commando-35.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=6d

3A-Halo-Commando-37.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=6d

3A-Halo-Commando-38.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=6d

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/spartan_mkv_commando_bambaland_exclusive

I've got the regular 3A Halo Carter and the Hot Toys Iron Man MkVII (and the IM3 stuff) all on the way, too, so there's lots more reviews coming!

@Kicker: Thanks for the link!

That bat symbol and cape on your customs DX12 is certainly an improvement. 12 faceplates and 5 heads?! That's awesome!

Damn, the massive collection you two have are probably worth ten of thousands...probably hundred of thousands in kicker's case. :p

@ prometheum: I just read a CDX review of the Spartan mkV, and damn, it's a thing of beauty. The weathering on it is just gorgeous.

Edited by GU-11