Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

You're better off not buying Deunan. The rubber isn't the most durable, and articulation is also limited because of it.

That was one of the reasons I didn't get the figure.

I sold off Deunan. Not because I didn't like it or rubber issues, I never even got to open it. I just realized how much I don't like the movie versions. Manga version for me.

I just want a good Deunan figure or statue. I like the new movies and the manga. I can't believe there isn't one comparable to the Vice / Alter Motoko. At least not that I've seen.

I just want a good Deunan figure or statue. I like the new movies and the manga. I can't believe there isn't one comparable to the Vice / Alter Motoko. At least not that I've seen.

Been waiting as well.

The only Deunan in my collection is the Hot Toys 1/20 snap kit. Beautiful, wonderful, detailed... but it's like 8cm tall. Wish HT would make a 8inch version from that.

That was one of the reasons I didn't get the figure.

I've been hoping for years that Figma would someday make some GitS and Appleseed figure. After three years of serious collecting, I'm running out of room, and figma's are the perfect size for these characters. Plus, Figma has become something of a gold standard for anime character figures these days.

Production numbers? Not that I know of.

I don't think it's so much a case of missing pre orders, as much as not being able to make sure they have the money to buy it once it arrives. That's the case with local collectors here, anyways. When pre orders open, most would complain that they can't be sure if they have enough when the thing arrives, only to complain even more that they now have the cash, but can't find the items.

BTW, is the Batmobile still available at Sideshows? At my hobby store, it's been sold out even at pre-order stage. As far as HT is concerned, items rarely if ever stay on shelves for long.

Sideshow still has the Batmobile for pre-order. They are officially the Hot Toys distributor here in the States now according to their site. Other sites still have the Batmobile for pre-order too I think.

Sideshow still has the Batmobile for pre-order. They are officially the Hot Toys distributor here in the States now according to their site. Other sites still have the Batmobile for pre-order too I think.

You guys have it good in The States. We here have to make a mad rush to the hobby store within the first weekend for anything HT. The Batmobile is probably the most expensive HT item to date (second to The Bat of course, but apparently that one was canceled), but its pre-orders sold out within five days. You can pretty much forget about buying one without a pre-order when it arrives.

Selling my first gen for 430 shipped within the US ground. buyer pays paypal fees Nothing wrong with it. Just displayed it. Need to make room. Going to probably post it on the for sale section later today or tomorrow

Just out of curiosity, what's a 430? Either way, I won't be able to make a bid for it since I don't live in the US...not that I even have any spare cash after that double whammie of HT TDK vehicles.

Okay, just figured out your "first gen" was in reference to the Batmobile, sold at "430" USD. Never mind, then.

BTW, did you order the cammo version?

Edited by GU-11

You seriously need to stop making this your I hate Hot Toys thread. You started Nov.2 and this thread is nothing but since then. There were discussions about other figures before that now its just a majorly about how one company isn't doing your one franchise right.

Yeah...it's a little out of hand. I appreciate the criticisms but it needs to be dialed back some. I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of my Batman anyway...

So I noticed both HLJ and AmiAmi are listing Hot toys Ada Wong as having a late June release, but BBTS still has it for March. I'm not sure who to believe but I'm hoping former and not the latter because everything else on the planet that I want is coming out that month.

I'm still undecided on whether to get this Ada or the inevitable RE6 version. I don't have RE4's Leon, so posing Ada all alone seems incomplete.

In all probability (if I have the cash at the time) I'll be picking up both RE6 Leon and Ada, and maybe even Helena.

Or I might pass on the whole RE6 line altogether to stop the completist in me from eventually buying the whole damn cast of seven playable characters.

Picked up a war machine used on ebay. while i was checking it out i found out that the shoulder mounted rocket pod was broken and someone tried to glue it back. Should I get a refund or try to fix it?

Depends on how badly it's damaged. The most pwrrying thing is that you mentioned someone tried to glue it back. Sloppily done, it could ruin the thing beyond repair. You could get a customizer to take a look at it; in the hands of an experienced pro, it could well be saved.

If you bought it really cheap and it looks like you can undo the damage from the earlier person's gluing attempt, then you should certainly try.

Looking forward to the Bat-Pod comparisons. Apparently the colour has slightly changed as well?

Here are comparison pics.

The 2nd version as you can see banks to the left compared to the first version which is fine.

Comparison1.jpg

There are some noticeable differences between the first gen and 2nd release. I've highlighted them in red.

Comparison2.jpg

Parts of the front guns are black and darker. Also parts of the 2nd gen are more black at certain points and the silver is more cleaner and stands out more.

Comparison3.jpg

The seat and inside wheel/brake cover is silver on the 2nd release

Comparison4.jpg

Comparison5.jpg

Sorry I didn't feel like taking the plastic out until catwoman has arrived since that's her bike.

Hope you guys like the comparison. Wife was looking at me all crazy on why I have two. I didn't want to explain and face the consequences LOL

Thanks for the comparison pics, Kicker. Damn, sucks that the relaunch has imbalance problems. It seems like almost all the relaunch versions have this issue. I wonder what went wrong.

Good thing it won't be noticeable when displayed sideways, which is how most everyone displays their bat-pod.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it here, but I was searching Sideshow's site and found out that Hot Toys is making a 1/4 scale Batman figure from Dark Knight Rises. I need to search around some more. I wonder if this is a one off thing or if they are going to do more popular characters in both scales.

Yes they are. So far from hot toys announcement it is only the one character and has to do with license issue that Enterbay currently holds.

I wonder how many characters Hot Toys will redo at the 1/4 scale? Do they have any big toy related conventions coming up overseas with possible announcements?

After watching the TDKR DVD several times now, I just noticed that the bat-pod DOES have a slight leftward tilt to it. This is most apparent during the scene when Bruce and Selina Kyle walk up to it in construction site, and the cargo crate opens to reveal the bat-pod. It's not as apparent as the toy, but it does bank to the left a bit.

Dare I presume that HT actually made the new version bank like that to make it screen-accurate? :huh:

After watching the TDKR DVD several times now, I just noticed that the bat-pod DOES have a slight leftward tilt to it. This is most apparent during the scene when Bruce and Selina Kyle walk up to it in construction site, and the cargo crate opens to reveal the bat-pod. It's not as apparent as the toy, but it does bank to the left a bit.

Dare I presume that HT actually made the new version bank like that to make it screen-accurate? :huh:

There was a bike in that scene? I was too busy looking at Hathaway's arse. :)