Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

You mean there's actual padding inside the suit that hinders the legs from lifting upwards?

Apparently, like multiple layers? Haven't come across anyone tempting to take it apart that far, though some are moding the neck shorter to compliment the small cowelled head, but worsening the profile where the neck is too thick.

That said, I so expect HT bringing out a Trilogy Edition. Will include Begins and the TDK version, and all the extras from the three films. It will also be their excuse for redemption by fixing all the issues with this release.

Edited by Omegablue

That said, I so expect HT bringing out a Trilogy Edition. Will include Begins and the TDK version, and all the extras from the three films. It will also be their excuse for redemption by fixing all the issues with this release.

Yeah, it's very possible, given how much the Iron Man old has been milked.

Like I said, canceling my pre-order is not an option for me, so I'll just enjoy DX12 for what it is--a nice-looking statue.

Like I said, canceling my pre-order is not an option for me, so I'll just enjoy DX12 for what it is--a nice-looking statue.

Yeah I know, look at the bright side, a year down the line you'll be able to sell it for double the price. The true benefit of hot licensed HT figures, is that they're more valuble than gold. No jokes. Better investment.

I think they're on par with Valks.

Yeah I know, look at the bright side, a year down the line you'll be able to sell it for double the price. The true benefit of hot licensed HT figures, is that they're more valuble than gold. No jokes. Better investment.

Very true. Even less popular figs like the Appleseed ones can be easily resold for the same price as retail.

In fact, someone was willing to buy my Bat-pod at a 25% higher price than retail. I turned him down because it's hard to get another one at this time. I could have pre-ordered two or three, and made a quick profit from them. Sadly, my inner conscience would never allow me to make money off of scalping. I'm just too muc hof a nice guy for my own good. :p

Very true. Even less popular figs like the Appleseed ones can be easily resold for the same price as retail.

Appleseed HT start at $400!

In fact, someone was willing to buy my Bat-pod at a 25% higher price than retail. I turned him down because it's hard to get another one at this time. I could have pre-ordered two or three, and made a quick profit from them. Sadly, my inner conscience would never allow me to make money off of scalping. I'm just too muc hof a nice guy for my own good. :p

I agree there with the scalping business. It's denying someone else for a cheap buck.

Appleseed HT start at $400!

Strangely, these aren't so popular locally. I was approached at a forum by someone who wanted to sell Deunan at retail price, but I turned him down. Had too much on my plate at the time.

I agree there with the scalping business. It's denying someone else for a cheap buck.

Yeah, it's just wrong to be taking advantage of other people's passion for something. It's pretty galling sometimes when you see scalpers bringing their whole family (including the maid) to a convention just to grab as many exclusive HT figs as they can to sell them online at inflated prices. A common sight in Hong Kong.

Has Hot Toys ever released the production numbers on their figures and vehicles? I do find it strange with the Internet and sites announcing releases that people would miss out on pre-orders and even after release purchasing. I haven’t pre-ordered the Batmobile yet. I’ll probably do it sometime next year. But it seems to me every single Hot Toys release is easy to get at retail cost if not a bit lower before release.

Strangely, these aren't so popular locally. I was approached at a forum by someone who wanted to sell Deunan at retail price, but I turned him down. Had too much on my plate at the time.

I so regret not getting a Deunan when she went on special on HLJ. Then again read the rubber suit is deterioating rapidly.

I so regret not getting a Deunan when she went on special on HLJ. Then again read the rubber suit is deterioating rapidly.

You're better off not buying Deunan. The rubber isn't the most durable, and articulation is also limited because of it.

Smells like new tires....

Going to probably sell the extra one.

Finishing up the case he will go into:

Nice. Looks like everything is coming into place nicely.

BTW, shouldn't the windscreen be tucked under the two side flaps instead of over them? It'll lessen the gap in the middle.

Has Hot Toys ever released the production numbers on their figures and vehicles? I do find it strange with the Internet and sites announcing releases that people would miss out on pre-orders and even after release purchasing. I haven’t pre-ordered the Batmobile yet. I’ll probably do it sometime next year. But it seems to me every single Hot Toys release is easy to get at retail cost if not a bit lower before release.

Production numbers? Not that I know of.

I don't think it's so much a case of missing pre orders, as much as not being able to make sure they have the money to buy it once it arrives. That's the case with local collectors here, anyways. When pre orders open, most would complain that they can't be sure if they have enough when the thing arrives, only to complain even more that they now have the cash, but can't find the items.

BTW, is the Batmobile still available at Sideshows? At my hobby store, it's been sold out even at pre-order stage. As far as HT is concerned, items rarely if ever stay on shelves for long.

Damn, that's beautiful sight!

A question about the Bat-pod. I can't see too clearly from the camera angle, but does it bank slightly to the left?

Mine does that a little, but I just chalked it up to the fact that there's only one front axle that's connected to the left side of the tire.

Edited by GU-11

Those eight people better have a crate or two of Red Bull handy, if that's all the manpower HT has to meet their crazy deadlines.

Seriously, though, I think those eight people are just the sculptors and painters in charge of making the prototypes. HT can't possibly make that many figures with a measly team of eight workers.

Seriously, though, I think those eight people are just the sculptors and painters in charge of making the prototypes. HT can't possibly make that many figures with a measly team of eight workers.

I agree.

But does explain why things on prototypes already don't work, like those elbow pads on Batman.

You seriously need to stop making this your I hate Hot Toys thread. You started Nov.2 and this thread is nothing but since then. There were discussions about other figures before that now its just a majorly about how one company isn't doing your one franchise right.

On a more positive note, why isn't anyone discussing the new HT battle damaged T-800? Two awesome head sculpts that look pretty damn close to Arnold to me and one of them has a led red eye! Not to mention, the spare BD jacket, BD arm, hands, guns, hell he even comes with the pole that he used to dislodge his left arm for the gears in the factory. And the icing on the cake is that liquid T-1000 statue he could fight with. So much win in one set..........for $290. Ok so the price isn't so positive, but heck a BD T2 T-800 from hot toys is no longer a dream and his release is half a year (without any delays) from now so there's plenty of time to save up. :)

You seriously need to stop making this your I hate Hot Toys thread. You started Nov.2 and this thread is nothing but since then. There were discussions about other figures before that now its just a majorly about how one company isn't doing your one franchise right.

LOL.

I admit I've been pushing it a bit. I'm still very frustrated they've rushed and poorly executed the one license I've been budgetting for a long time.

But my intentions are not of a "I hate hot toys", more like I'm very mad with hot toys. Pretty much how this place use to get with the Yamato exploding shoulders, actually worse, it was a warzone, yet then it wasn't considered "I hate yamato."

And don't I hate HT, as per my previous posts you will note I'm giving their Joker DX11 a chance, but remain wary till it's out.

Also people need to know that the Batman I'm directing all my frustrations out, has a lot of flaws and it isn't the definitive Batman that HT can relax on.

And their recent flaws can not be justified for the price they're asking for.

Edited by Omegablue

LOL.

I admit I've been pushing it a bit. I'm still very frustrated they've rushed and poorly executed the one license I've been budgetting for a long time.

But my intentions are not of a "I hate hot toys", more like I'm very mad with hot toys. Pretty much how this place use to get with the Yamato exploding shoulders, actually worse, it was a warzone, yet then it wasn't considered "I hate yamato."

And don't I hate HT, as per my previous posts you will note I'm giving their Joker DX11 a chance, but remain wary till it's out.

Also people need to know that the Batman I'm directing all my frustrations out, has a lot of flaws and it isn't the definitive Batman that HT can relax on.

And their recent flaws can not be justified for the price they're asking for.

OK... we got it. Lots of flaws. Price not justified.