Okay so lemme get htis stait.

rewooh

Is seems as tho the general idea is that, if you want a macross toy with all around benefits to it, you go for the yamatos? consdering that the 1/48 are out and perfect transformation.

so...if i wanted to buy other planes from other macross series...then i should buy from yamato too, correct?

and if so, are they perfect transformation as well?

i kinda wanted to know, which ones in the yamato line are perect tranformation and which arent.

thanks.

Not necessarily. Check lebhead's summary, which is somewhere around here and/or http://www.valkyrie-exchange.com and/or http://protoculture.lebhead.com

Basically, the Yamatos look the best, and if you want a "perfect transformation" Yamato VF-1, your only choice is a 1/48. However, if durability/playability and ease of transformation is important, the Bandai reissues are still worth considering. Plus, they cost a lot less. You'll have to see what other people say about MPC's; I don't have any. There's a lot of animus against them around here, some of which I'm sure is justified.

As for the other VF's, Yamato makes them for Macross Plus and will make them for Macross Zero, but not for Macross 7. Bandai did some Macross 7 VF's in 1/65 scale, which have been bootlegged as well. I don't know which of these are "perfect transformation".

The best place to see nearly all the offerings is the Valkyrie Factory, at http://www.menet.umn.edu/~ngo/frame.html

In a word, "yes."

But be prepared to pay if you're gonna import it. 1/48 for the masterpiece (heh) of your collection. 1/60 for variety and quantity IMO. Unless u have lots of money, in which case feel free to buy nothing but 1/48. ;)

I wouldn't really call it a "PERFECT" transformation but the 1/48's really look good in any mode. They may be a bit more expensive that the Bandai and Toynami releases. But......you get what you pay for. B)

I admire your courageous stance against spelling and grammar.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

The 1/48 is the best. And I mean it.

The 1/60 is great but no perfect transformation. Legs are detachable.

The Macross plus line of "planes" are also perfect transformation.

Yes the Yammies are definetelly the best Valks ever.

I wouldn't really call it a "PERFECT" transformation but the 1/48's really look good in any mode. They may be a bit more expensive that the Bandai and Toynami releases. But......you get what you pay for. B)

As I understand it, "perfect transformation" just means that there aren't any removable parts. The Bandai and MPC almost have it except the heatshield on both and gunpod on the former and the antanae on the latter.

it always comes down to personal preference. I recently got to see a 1/48 up close thanks to greenguy42 and as always, yamato's level of detail amazes me. Wheter they are the best is still a matter of conjecture. The 1/60's ahve amazing detail but many steer clear of removable legs. The 1/48's have even more amazing detail but seem fragile [i watched greenguy misplace a horizontal stabalize and searhch for it for a few minutes, granted my place tends to absorb stuff quickly.] The bandai's are no-where near as detailed as the yammie's but have enough die-cast and structural integritry to bludgeon a small child into submission.

The only things I can say with certainty is that yamato makes the best mac plus toys on the planet and bandai/takatoku makes the best GBP-1s ;) , though it's possible this might change in the future... like all things.

I see a lot of people saying for playability the 1/55 are best. The 1/55 are the best if you are crashing your plane to the ground. For and adult collector you will get great durability out of the 1/48 I have trnasformed mine numerous times with no problems. It doesn't ahve the diecast content of the 1/55's but it is plenty durable where it needs to be. To me it is the best toy made to date bar none. I collect many toy lines and this by far blows any of them out of the water.

In short, yes, Yamatos are the best.

Alright, that's just my opinion, but for me, I find the 1/60s and the 1/48s both to be great pieces. I'm more into displaying my Valks, "playing" with them only a little, and so the more accurate scuplts and great detail on the Yammies won me over, right from the start.

For a variable, relatively mass-produced Valk (LE's aside), (IMO) there is no beating Yamato.

Yamato's are POTENTIALLY the "best" and most "accurate" Valks you can buy. You just have to live with some uncertainties like fit/finish - especially for the 1/60s, but to a much lesser extent for the 1/48s. The quality of construction that goes into the 1/48 is undeniable, it just whether YOU like the design and proportion compromises in the various modes.

Me? I still find the 1/60s better looking when considering all 3 modes, but the whole line-up is now considered second fiddle by most in the Yamato scheme of all things Macross. The 1/48 is too bulky in the chest in Battroid mode, with odd looking arms and hands. The legs are a real work of art though and the fighter mode is unbeatable short of a Hasegawa or M-Club kit.

The Yamato 1/48's are your best choice. Outside of that, I tend not to care for the 1/60 Yamato's, preferring the 1/55 Bandai's. The Bandai's are solid toys. They're not as posable but they're not flimsy like the 1/60's either. You also don't have to remove their legs. A lot of people seem to love the Yamato 1/60's but I just don't see whatever it is they see in them.

For me, 1/48's for the ones I REALLY want. 1/55's for most everything else and 1/60's only where a particular Valk isn't available from Yamato in 1/48 or Bandai in 1/55 (or insanely difficult and expensive to find such as the VT-1 and VE-1)

Yamato's are POTENTIALLY the "best" and most "accurate" Valks you can buy. You just have to live with some uncertainties like fit/finish - especially for the 1/60s, but to a much lesser extent for the 1/48s. The quality of construction that goes into the 1/48 is undeniable, it just whether YOU like the design and proportion compromises in the various modes.

Me? I still find the 1/60s better looking when considering all 3 modes, but the whole line-up is now considered second fiddle by most in the Yamato scheme of all things Macross. The 1/48 is too bulky in the chest in Battroid mode, with odd looking arms and hands. The legs are a real work of art though and the fighter mode is unbeatable short of a Hasegawa or M-Club kit.

Forgot to mention Gerwalk Drif. Which is also the best one out there, again the only flaw here is the hands. Also It should be mentioned that the fast packs, as long as when you get them you intend to keep them on perminantly solve the skinny arm issue as the arm armor bulks up the lower arms nicely. I say it pulls off fighter and Gerwalk mode as flawlessly as a variable toy can, the batroid mode certainly is where most things are compromised. But it still looks very nice, the arms kinda get to me, but the chest, I really don't see how its any worse than the grossly undersized MPC's and the bulky 1/55's.

Edited by GobotFool

Yeah, GobotFool - that's exactly it. The Battroid mode is most important to me, not the Fighter or Gerwalk, so the lanky arms really detract from the overall looks especially when the chest is so bulky. Thus my preference for the 1/60's rendition... better looks but poorer construction.

Yeah, GobotFool - that's exactly it. The Battroid mode is most important to me, not the Fighter or Gerwalk, so the lanky arms really detract from the overall looks especially when the chest is so bulky. Thus my preference for the 1/60's rendition... better looks but poorer construction.

I kinda agree with you Drifand. I prefer Battroid mode over the Fighter and Gearwalk, but MOST of the fans prefer the Fighter. And Yamato made the 1/60 and 1/48 lines taking care about the fighter accuracy in 1rst place. Too bad.

Well still the 1/48 is the best out there and about the hands I wouldnt care too much. We can allways find a nice pair of custom hands for our Valks.

The 1J will include those bubble hands from the TV series, wich I dislike but still looks better than the originals from DYRL. Recast those should be an easy work. And yes the FP arm armors helps a LOT.

ehey

get bandai kuz u cant go wrong at all!!!!bandai is nostalgia nad looks freaking awesome

YEs awesome. it wont break and unlke my MPc has RATCHETS yes MPC yhas ratchets to but ef that Bandai OWNS IN RATCHETS

for a toy valk for a good price cant go wrong. and even the CF loks badass

once you got enough founds get the 1/48. yess

for a goo look at a 1/55 lineup chekc out drifans kick ass display.

super valk...drool

The Yamato 1/48 has the best fighter mode and an innovative transformation sequence. It can't transform like they do in the show because the show transformation is ludicrous. It doesn't look quite the same as the show vf-1s in gerwalk and batteloid because the show versions are drawings of what the designer figured a robot would look like if it was created by folding up that jet.

IMO when you come across differences between the yamato 1/48 toy and the line art, the yamato wins. See, if you take a jet that looks like the vf-1 fighter mode and fold it up into a robot it will look EXACTLY like a yammie 1/48.... However, if you take a robot that looks like the line art from the show and reconfigure it into a jet, you would have some metal thing that resembles some form of water fowl.

maybe I will draw a picture of said metallic bird-thing and post it later. we can have a poll and see how many people would be willing to buy such a toy with a perfect battaloid mode and silly, silly alt modes.

You should get:

1 Yamato 1/48

1 Bandai  1/55

1 Yamato 1/60

The one you like the most, you shall collect until your wallet becomes dust. <_<

It's true :blink:

vic.

"My wallet is the one that says BAD YAMATO FOCKER"

There you go. Buy one of each and then decide which series you like best. Pay no attention to all of the hating from whatever camp is spewing it-make up your own mind. It amazes me that after all of this time this is still going on. If you're a genuine fan of well built, exceptional toys you'll like all of them....

Edited by myk

I was just looking at the Hasegawas...

So why doesn't Yamato just hire the guy that does Hasegawa's sculpting? And add in someone from Bandai's Perfect Grade team. Together they should balance out with their ideas on proportions (the PG guy leaning more towards stubby and squat, and Hasegawa man leaning more toward thin and graceful), and their combined sense of detail would blow us all away. Seriously, I know Yamato is a toy manufacturer, but I would plop down Perfect Grade prices for an ungodly-detailed Valkyrie with perfect proportions. Especially since I am going to take my 1/48 and redo it, anyway (one day, when I get the time...)

The main difference I can tell from looking at pictures of the Hasegawa and 1/48 Yamato in Battroid mode is the width and curvature of the chest plate. The head on the Yamato sits a bit high on the 1S, too. I will look into correcting these things when I buy the thing; there must be some way to tweak the appearance so that it looks good in both fighter and battroid. It might require some scratch building (or, rather, will /definately/ require some scratchbuilding), but it would be worth it to me. The only thing is that I would /never/ have the time to do more than one... So it would help if Yamato would do it themselves. But they never will. So I am just rambling pointlessly.

—Gregory Scott

Its an issue of duribility, one of the people who made one of those perfect transformations commented on this board, it looks great after you make it, but you can't play with it. to make a valk toy like that one would have the same problems that allegidly exist with studio halfeyes Getta robo toys. Look really nice, so frail all you have to do is look at them and they break.