Konig Monster Transformation Guide with Pictures

peolesdru

I put together a transformation guide at my website:

Konig Monster Transformation Guide

EDIT: 1/1 LowViz Lurker raised a good point. If you're going to use this as reference, save me some bandwidth costs and save the page to your hard drive instead of bookmarking. Thanks.

Edited by peolesdru

thanks very much this info is very useful, i cannot wait to get mine.

thanks

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Wow!! that knee assembly makes me nervous, is it solid??or flimsy??

It's not particularly fragile, if that's what you mean. It can be somewhat floppy, especially when trying to use the knee in destroid mode.

Thanks, saved it to hd.

Will use this later.

Methinks that maybe some diecast was needed in this toy. Are there any other delicate pieces which we should be aware of/handle with care when we first get it aside from what's mentioned?

The little pegs that engage what I've called the "payload area" both in Shuttle and in Gerwalk mode is probably the main concern. The loss of these pegs probably wouldn't destroy the toy, however. In my opinion, if you just make sure to engage the pegs gently, there should be no problem despite the stress marks.

awesome...thanks for saving me the time.... :D

Heh. Yeah, well the process was a real nightmare. The first time I took pictures, I "transferred" them to my computer and told WinXP to delete the pictures when the transfer completed. Except the pictures disappeared into the void - they weren't on my HDD and of course were no longer on my camera. So I went back and reshot.

THEN, as I was working in Frontpage on the webpage, my ISP decided to do some routine maintenance, so my internet connection kept dropping. I ended up adding a picture and an instruction and then saving after each one so I wouldn't lose my work.

Basically, someone didn't want me to be able to complete this project.

awesome...thanks for saving me the time....  :D

Heh. Yeah, well the process was a real nightmare. The first time I took pictures, I "transferred" them to my computer and told WinXP to delete the pictures when the transfer completed. Except the pictures disappeared into the void - they weren't on my HDD and of course were no longer on my camera. So I went back and reshot.

THEN, as I was working in Frontpage on the webpage, my ISP decided to do some routine maintenance, so my internet connection kept dropping. I ended up adding a picture and an instruction and then saving after each one so I wouldn't lose my work.

Basically, someone didn't want me to be able to complete this project.

Yeah , Yamato tends to do this things ( hehe not really but its a theory ) , they didn´t want you to do a decent guide in fear they would end up looking like complete dumbs because of their crappy guides so they hacked into your ISP :lol:

dude that look so freakin complicating I can't wait till I try it. Mad props to you for figuring out how to transform that beast with out breaking it. Other words for me I'm screwed :p

From Rich :lol:

I'm pretty darned good with transforming toys - I have a lot of them. Hopefully I have some skill at conveying my method to the rest of the world.

Shawn or Graham,

Anyway, we add this in MW webpage?

That'd be quite an honor, although I'm sure better pictures could be taken. As for my part, I'd categorize it as being under a creative commons license. Meaning anyone is welcome to reproduce or even modify the work as long as I'm credited. It's not like I could stop anyone anyway. ;)

peolesdru, thank you very much for posting that tutorial. If Shawn doesn't get back to you, I'd be willing to host the page for you. Just let me know. :)

I appreciate the offer, but I should point out that hosting is not much of a problem considering my site's utter lack of readership. I'm sure my friend that runs the webserver I use would let me know if my traffic got too high.

• 4 months later...

I have it as a compressed file in .ace format. I can't upload it here because it's 2MB, and I can't upload it to geocities for some reason. It keeps telling me it's an invalid filename or something.

So I guess I can just email it to people.

• 1 year later...

Hi all

This site is no longer working. Anybody have another site that I can go to

regarding instructions how to transform the konig to all 3 modes.

Any assist will be appreciated greatly!

thanks in advance

Penachoy

I put together a transformation guide at my website:

Konig Monster Transformation Guide

EDIT: 1/1 LowViz Lurker raised a good point. If you're going to use this as reference, save me some bandwidth costs and save the page to your hard drive instead of bookmarking. Thanks.

http://www.upload2.net/page/download/VibIz...sguide.zip.html

^

I've uploaded it for you at a free file hosting site. Just scroll to the bottom of the page and then click on the download link.

To view:

1. Just unzip all files to a temp directory using winzip.

2. open a webbrowser like IE

3. drag and drop the html file in the temp directory into the browser window to view it.

It should stay up there for about a year. LMK if there are any problems.

I'm just going to cut and paste some info about this that I thought might be important for me to remember for some reason:

Download link http://www.upload2.net/page/download/VibIz...sguide.zip.html

Delete link http://www.upload2.net/page/delete/code/Vi...bstQzNNfQwOnwfE

*Please remember these links

Information about uploaded file:

Link Id: VibIz24Mw2yvTEE

File Name: konig monster transguide.zip

Password: bstQzNNfQwOnwfE

Server: 5

Size: 1.88 Mb (1975632 bytes)

Uploaded: 2006-09-21 03:19:27

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker