72 members have voted

1. 1. VF-1J

• VF-1J w FP
    • VF-1J w/o FP
    • Both
    • FP only
    • None..too broke
    • Maybe later when I can afford it

I think they should have one with SDFM hands and FPs and the other with DYRL hands and GBP suit. Or include both hands with both releases, but still give the option of buying it with either FP's or GBP.

Definitely WITH the FP. I'd prefer to swap it out for a GBP system, though. I'm not really too wild about the Hikaru 1J with FP's since this was never featured in the series, but those changes they're making to make them TV-acurate are just too tempting to pass up. I'll probably get it w/ the FP's and transfer them to another valk when possible. Maybe if they ever made a cannon fodder brownie in 1/48 ...

I think they should have one with SDFM hands and FPs and the other with DYRL hands and GBP suit. Or include both hands with both releases, but still give the option of buying it with either FP's or GBP.

And a magical bicycle!

I voted w/ FP. I plan to display the 1J w/o FP and use the FP on my Roy 1S (hope they fit). I know that it's not totally TV accurate (wrong flightsuit, wrong hands, wrong color detail on head, etc) but it's good enough for me!

The Hikaru 1S will provide the strike for my display.

Definitely WITH the FP. I'd prefer to swap it out for a GBP system, though. I'm not really too wild about the Hikaru 1J with FP's since this was never featured in the series, but those changes they're making to make them TV-acurate are just too tempting to pass up. I'll probably get it w/ the FP's and transfer them to another valk when possible. Maybe if they ever made a cannon fodder brownie in 1/48 ...

Appeared in the show or not... once you put FP's on a 1/48, they just don't look as good without them. Also, even if the GBP (GPB? GBS? GPS?) armor comes out, you can just give the TV style packs to your low viz VF-1 or something. However, the way the items are listed at VEX, it seems that the two won't be sold together. Sounds more like HLJ is just doing their own bundled set thing.

Are we sure the TV FAST packs will fit a DYRL Valk? I thought there were some slight differences in the arm sculpts on the Valks and/or packs.

As for me: no 1/48 VF-1J. I don't like the head--the chin sticks out too much. If the head was more like the 1/60 head, I'd be sorely tempted to get a 1/48 VF-1J w/o FAST packs--but I'd probably resist as I'd rather spend my money on as complete a line of 1/60 destroids & enemy mecha as my wallet and living space can support.

I voted w/ FP. I plan to display the 1J w/o FP and use the FP on my Roy 1S (hope they fit). I know that it's not totally TV accurate (wrong flightsuit, wrong hands, wrong color detail on head, etc) but it's good enough for me!

The Hikaru 1S will provide the strike for my display.

That's exactly what I'm planning as well, get the TV FPs just to put on the Roy VF-1S. I'll also try to order some extra TV type hands and an extra TV type Hikaru pilot figure to make a TV accurate VF-1S Super (remember, Roy never flew the VF-1S Super in the TV series, he died before the FPs came into use).

the only other thing that will need changing is the color of the arrows on the head (DYRL is yellow, TV is black).

Graham

preordered mine from VE with no fast packs, I've got an extra set of fast packs right now that aren't doing anything so I will stick them on Hikaru's 1J while waiting for the GBP.

ya know what, I wonder if I can stick the other strike cannon on my VF-1S?

I voted for maybe later. I'll get my fast pack's soon and after that all I plan on getting is the 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S. If I have the funds available then I'll try to pick up the VF-1J with Fast Packs. :ph34r:

I assume the TV Fast Packs will be like the DRYL ones with the hi level of detail, removable panes, etc.? If the Fast packs work on the DRYL valks, my low vis will get it. I should preorder one... but I am in the process of acquiring a squadron of low vis. :D

Or maybe, since the DYRL packs were movie quality, the TV packs will be animefriend quality. So we get laserbeams shooting out of boosters and funky color changing photosensitive external panels, with whole thing being made of silly putty so we can change it's shape at will!

Are the FAST packs for the 1/48 scale VF-1J going to be the DYRL design or is Yamato going to make the TV show version?

TV show.

For a summary of the differences between the TV and Movie versions, see http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...t=ST&f=4&t=1295

Compare with the pics in this thread from the old forums: http://www.macrossworld.com/cgi-bin/mwf/ik...;t=7237;hl=vf1j

Looks like the arm pieces match the description but the leg armor has nozzles, not a slot.