Fleet of the Strongest Women.....

I have a fan-subbed copy and to me this is one of the better episodes of Macross 7. It's so hilarious; the show pokes fun at DYRL, Minmay, and the Zentradei. Did the Japanese censors have a problem with it?

Edited by terry the lone wolf

It's an enjoyable episode but the ending is more of a "gag" ending than a real ending. And the story thread, such as it is, isn't continued anywhere else in M7. Either it would be jarring in terms of continuity or they'd need at least an extra episode or two to tie things up.

There were a couple of unaired episodes. I'm sure it just it didn't get aired cause of time constraints and that it was a detour episode.

I'd have to question time constraints. TV schedules are planned well ahead so it went for 49 episodes, period. However, like all shows, in order to move a story, you have to edit out some material. Episodes for parodies and little things don't fit so they gotta go. However, that material can be saved for extras on video releases. That's most of what Encore! and the M7+ short episodes were. Extra material. It doesn't fit with the flow of the story and it doesn't add much to what is covered in the overall story so it becomes extra material. And it lets Kawamori do parodies which he didn't have too much of a chance to do in M7 compared to SDFM.

For the life of me I still can't quite figure our where Fleet of Strongest Women fits into M7's chronology. Max and Millia have their VF-22s, but I could have sworn Millia doesn't get hers unti the last episode, it could take place after the last episode but Battle 7 and and the Fire Valk were destroyed in the last one while they are both intact here. Also Max and Millia's relationship seems to be closer to what it was at the begining of the series (cold and distant) while they seemed to be on thier way to reconciliation by the end of M7.

I think it (like the encore episodes) were just produced after the series ended. Fleet of the Strongest Women didn't appear (I think) until the LD/VHS release of 7, and was included with the last episode. I've always been under the impression that it's one big piece of omake.

As for continuity, it, like the other encore episodes, and the movie, all fit snuggly in the late 30's, mid 40's episode wise. I had this all mapped out a while ago, but I'll be damned if I can remember where i left my note to myself on it.

I am inclined to believe Keith's reasoning as to why this episode never aired. Like others, this is also probably my favourite episode of the series, and the other two encore episodes were also great.

Is there any place I can find this episode online?

It seems pretty interesting and I only want to see it for the DYRL references.  ;)

I think I found it via mlnet. It might be on imacross, too.

thought all the imacross ftp servers died out. I could never connected to any of them.

You may still be able to get this off animeskyscraper.

http://www.animeskyscraper.com/torrent.html

You may want to use a client like bittornado to sort which files you want to dl so you dont have to download the stuff you won't need.

It would have been cooler if Milia got into her old red Qrau and had a mech battle with chlore to see who is better. :(

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Is there any place I can find this episode online?

It seems pretty interesting and I only want to see it for the DYRL references.  ;)

I think I found it via mlnet. It might be on imacross, too.

I was able to find M7 Encore on Animesuki.com. The download took over a day but AT LEAST I had The Fleet Of The Strongest Women.

If this is the BEST that Macross 7 has to offer I don't think I wanna see the rest of the series.

It was kinda interesting seeing Basara's effect on the Meltrandi fleet. :lol:

All the little DYRL flashbacks were GREAT as well. How come Miria still has her old VF-1 flight suit?

Yeah, Fleet of the Strongest Women is a very tongue in cheek, humourous sendup to DYRL?, it's the least serious episode of the entire series, and it works because it doesn't take itself at all serious, it's just fun.