1/48 Hikaru's VF-1J FP and VF-1J

Just Gundam

why not just buy it with the fp then you could just yank it off as a spare? save you 800 yen but just no strike style fp?

just wodnering that is?

me being poor student and like welfare jsut have to say no to every offer althouhg i do drool over pix =P

:o

Good point. Will the VF-1J FP set come with a strike cannon? Will the fp by themselves even have a strike cannon since it was not in the tv version? I would like to know more details about the tv armor.

Well, this is gonna spoil us Macross fans even more. Now we lucky fans get to chose which version of a valk we want? For me it's gotta be the 1J with FPs, I'm sure my Low-Vis will appreciate the FPs (maybe even color-wise?) over being a nekkid valk. Plus, I'm sending the signal to Yamato to go ahead and release 1/48 M&M with FPs. :D If Yamato decides to release a Low-Vis color FP set, the 1J FPs will go to a CF, just like Etrigan plans. B) Either way we the fans win, only our wallets will endure the wrath of YAMATO. :p

hmm.. I really wouldn't mind the 1J/Fastpack bundle.. but Damn, thats pretty pricey :blink: oh well, maybe i'll find myself a good deal some where :)

Honestly... I think Yamato is trying to cashing in at their soonest. :D

My opinion, they should give a decent space between releases with reasons

1. it give time for them to perfected the design and avoid QC issues because rushing to release the toy

2. It give us, one of their biggest customers, time to put aside some money

With short timeline between the release of VF-1S Hikaru, VF-1J, Fast Packs, YF-19 FP (not sure..) for example, instead buying all of them, I have really to decide to buy either one or two... what a pity :( To pick up at later dates... prices might gone up already :o come on Yamato

man, so tempted, no, no, stick with the plan :rolleyes: , VF-1S (Hikaru or Roy another decision in itself) first, then move to whats available next. gives me hope for a Max & Millia 1/48 VF-1J with Fastpacks Super Set! :D:lol: been saving for that one since the announcement of the VF-1J was first posted ;)

I don't really get what people are complaining about, the price of the VF-1J+FAST packs is slightly less than what you'd pay for a 1/48 Valk and a set of FAST packs independantly. I imagine the lesser cost is due to the lack of a Strike cannon.

Sure, ideally you'd want them to make the deal sweeter by giving a discount towards the cost of the two independant, but it's still not like they're jacking up the price.

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what everyone is getting so excited about either.

If you want the FPs, buy them. If you don't, don't buy them.

The MW motto: When in doubt. . . whine.

H

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! It's gonna cost me $300 in my currency!

Sweet Jesus! I'll have to look at taking 3 jobs. Do you reckon these are going to be all sold out as preorders before they actually arrive? I'll be buggered if that's the case. :o

Hmm. The TV-style FPs would be really cool on a VF-1S, but since the 1J's arms are slightly different, would the FPs fit the VF-1S? I think I'll wait for the product to hit the shelves and eyeball it up close... and probably just settle for the non-FP version if I really like it. I also hope the TV-style hands are included for BOTH versions. If it only comes with the FPs I'll skip the whole deal on principle.

I don't really get what people are complaining about, the price of the VF-1J+FAST packs is slightly less than what you'd pay for a 1/48 Valk and a set of FAST packs independantly. I imagine the lesser cost is due to the lack of a Strike cannon.

I must have missed it, but has it been confirmed that the TV packs that will come with the 1J will NOT have the Strike option?

Hmm. The TV-style FPs would be really cool on a VF-1S, but since the 1J's arms are slightly different, would the FPs fit the VF-1S? I think I'll wait for the product to hit the shelves and eyeball it up close... and probably just settle for the non-FP version if I really like it. I also hope the TV-style hands are included for BOTH versions. If it only comes with the FPs I'll skip the whole deal on principle.

I am pretty sure the hands will come for both versions as I think its gonna be one of the main selling points other than the new head sculpt. Also I am gonna skip on the Hikaru 1S and get a new focker re-issue as long as it has all the updates.

Thanks for the heads up.

I allready preorder the item.

hehehehe is gona be a HUGE BOX!!

Hey Graham... Again HLJ bring the news first than you! You need to talk with Yamato!

Guppy... I guess you will be pleased. B)

Of course, I knew this a month ago already, but like most stuff I have a gag order preventing me from telling anybody :(

And it is really frustrating having to read endless post complaing about Yamto forcing people to buy the toy w/FPs, when actually I knew they were going to give people a choice of with and without.

Graham

If you want the FPs, buy them. If you don't, don't buy them.

The MW motto: When in doubt. . . whine.

H

Heh,

That's a great moto.....and so true. Can I use it for my signature?

Ya know, it gets me that people are complaining about the lack of a GPB together with the VF-1J. I bet if Yamato had announced they were releasing the GBP together with the VF-1J then we would have people complaining that it is too expensive. Whatever you do, you just can't win! It's a case of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'. Oh well, like they say 'you can't please all the people all of the time' (or ever).

Sometimes I wish people would be at least just a little bit grateful. :huh:

Graham

If you want the FPs, buy them.  If you don't, don't buy them.

The MW motto:  When in doubt. . . whine.

H

Heh,

That's a great moto.....and so true. Can I use it for my signature?

Ya know, it gets me that people are complaining about the lack of a GPB together with the VF-1J. I bet if Yamato had announced they were releasing the GBP together with the VF-1J then we would have people complaining that it is too expensive. Whatever you do, you just can't win! It's a case of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'. Oh well, like they say 'you can't please all the people all of the time' (or ever).

Sometimes I wish people would be at least just a little bit grateful. :huh:

Graham

Yes i in with Graham on this matter, Yamato didnt force us to buy but rather they have provided us something that we havent had for years, a perfect and beautiful valk for us, be it the 1/48 1/72 or 1/60 scale unlike bandai and the rest who couldnt care less about macross. Their prices and time release maybe unfortunate for some, but given the benefit of doubt is that Yamato maybe has a need to move onto bigger projects like the M0 series and so on in the line up. Thats probably why they are rushing out the releases so closely. Come to think of it, in 5 or 10 years time, would we still have the luxury of seeing a new macross product by Yamato every now and then, i doubt so. So why dun we just enjoy it while Macross products are in their peak instead of whining. With demand there is supply, im sure given due time, Yamato would consider a GPB in the making, so till then lets all be patient given Yamato is a young and growing organisation.

Cheers

:lol::D

Gratitude/Gratefulness is appropriate when you're a "saviour" appearing after a period of darkness. But it is just as easily lost when you use it up with questionable design choices and QC problems that seem to affect customers radomly with little or no recourse (due to whatever legal reasons). Whining is bad, eh? It'll be worse for Yamato and Macross if apathy strikes.

Well, only a handful of people that post on these baords really make a "Grand Canyon" out of a "hairline crack" when it comes to Yamato products.

Most of the time, they just whine and prejudge a product that isn't even out yet, or just out of sheer morbid fun, repeatedly post old and dead horse issues on every possible Yamato thread.

I think what Graham meant was simply to be happy that Macross products are finally available to us after such a long drought, and quit nitpicking on some very trivial issues like the box size, color and shape. :p

My 2 centavos. Take it with a grain of salt and a PIzza Burger on the side.

i say give em the strike cannons.

hell maybe the 1/60 strike cannon was not done before the hikaru 1/60 cma eout

but now yaamto has no excuse

its not canon as is but looks effing cool

give hikaru a strike cannon!!

btw strike cannon 1J's lok bad ass

blue roses anyone?

also hurricane isable was beast. 8 peolpe dead so far and almsot all of richmond was out of power. til a few hours ago.

thank god we got power now!! grrrrrr

Well, only a handful of people that post on these baords really make a "Grand Canyon" out of a "hairline crack" when it comes to Yamato products.

Most of the time, they just whine and prejudge a product that isn't even out yet, or just out of sheer morbid fun, repeatedly post old and dead horse issues on every possible Yamato thread.

I think what Graham meant was simply to be happy that Macross products are finally available to us after such a long drought, and quit nitpicking on some very trivial issues like the box size, color and shape. :p

My 2 centavos. Take it with a grain of salt and a PIzza Burger on the side.

Funny that you should be the one to bring up the "dead horse" again. Grand Canyon? Last time I checked, the GC was a beautiful natural and national monument - hardly appropriate for a mere lapse of good production design. I prefer "drain gutter" myself, but whatever suits you. It's your previlege to pay good money for whatever floats your boat.

I for one am someone who is glad that Yamato is putting out such a variety of products for us, the poor masses to drool over! I am of the mind that if you don't like something...only say it once, people tend to get the idea if you have been around the boards for a while...you don't need to repeat yourself over and over again....it makes things seem like a broken record....just be happy with what is coming out, and if you are not...we got the idea the first time....we don't need to be told over and over again about what is what and how much a particular toy company doesn't meet with your approval.

I Graham, am one that is very greatful for the bounty of wonderful Yamato products that have come down the line. I wish that you did not have a gag order from Yamato not to tell us about these wonderful things as I am very interested in hearing news on the development of the Macross Zero toys and Macross Plus' YF-19 FP edition. I might even take my birthday money next month and pick up the VF-1J FP set just because I like the colors and design of that particular plane.

Thanks once again Yamato and you too Graham for all the stuff that we have seen and been told about.

Larry Twichell :lol:

Funny that you should be the one to bring up the "dead horse" again. Grand Canyon? Last time I checked, the GC was a beautiful natural and national monument - hardly appropriate for a mere lapse of good production design. I prefer "drain gutter" myself, but whatever suits you. It's your previlege to pay good money for whatever floats your boat.

Eh?

Why are YOU so defensive.............."again"? :huh::huh::huh: