Now that Zero is done...

Mechamaniac

yup. that's the one I bought as well... sad that I don't see anything else that I want form the guy.. but my disc is perfect, like I said.. and shippment was very fast.. went out the next day, and since he lives in the same state as me, got it a day later.

This is the one I told Eugimon that I have, he said he got it also. :)

Chris

SWEET!!! B))

Thanks guys! :D

I got the one from FX with all the 5 episodes in one DVD. The quality is kind of good but not outstanding. The sound is really good and the subtitles are typical bootleg.

I have one question about the DVDs made from fansubs. Are these the fansubs put on a DVD or did they used the script from a fansub and added it to the DVD (say you can turn the subtitle on and off)?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone, Sorry I forgot I posted here :p . OK I'll try to post the link to what his auction looked like but the sellers name is twopieceinarow . In the auction he states that it has perfect subtitles and flawless grammer. He's from San Jose, CA. I'm sure you can do a search for his auctions to see if he is selling more, or even ask if he'll make a copy if he isn't selling them.

Chris

I got my TwoPieceNarrow disc here in Australia yesterday. Thing only took around 4 days to reach me! Thats service! :)

Video & audio seem fine. Unfortunately the subs are imbedded in the video and can't be switched off. That's my only gripe. Recommended.

As mentioned previously there's no slip cover. Does anyone know where we could download a cover? Perhaps just for episode 1?

...Now I just have to order that Sailor Moon Live Action TV set on his eBay store and I'll be in otaku heaven... :D

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the 5 in one DVD....I dont know, my PS2 wont play it at all, I just keep getting Read Disk Errors, which isnt unusual for PS2, but any other disk I put into it works just fine...so I used my XBox, which plays the DVD, but the video quality is horrible in some spots, like most of the CGI effects turn really "liney" for lack of a better word....and then eps 4 is really choppy and it wont even play ep 5 yet..I dont know, i think I maybe got a defective disk or something.

Subs are pretty sub-par, in line with most of the FX subs that I got from their Macross 7 collection.

Twich

I just got the ANBU and AOne fansubs via bittorrent, then I used a some software to turn the avi files into MPEG-2, then create a DVD image with them. All five episodes on one disc, good sound (but not as good as the DVDs), and good video (in some instances, better than the MI DVDs). Total cost to me? I think blank DVDs are down to around $1 a disc.

I bought the 5 in one DVD....I dont know, my PS2 wont play it at all, I just keep getting Read Disk Errors, which isnt unusual for PS2, but any other disk I put into it works just fine...so I used my XBox, which plays the DVD, but the video quality is horrible in some spots, like most of the CGI effects turn really "liney" for lack of a better word....and then eps 4 is really choppy and it wont even play ep 5 yet..I dont know, i think I maybe got a defective disk or something.

Subs are pretty sub-par, in line with most of the FX subs that I got from their Macross 7 collection.

Twich

Yeah, my FX set is like that too. Lots of blocky pictures, breakups, and drop-outs

in episodes 4 and 5. Maybe FX got a plant that couldn't handle the amount of data to be placed on one disc. Given light of the recent bust, it may be an eternity to aquire a replacement. :(

Sadly, FX has been turning out shotty sets for a while. Word was that they started working with bad plant & never straightened things up. While some players have no trouble with their disc's, other players have major problems. Maybe it's the production, maybe its their technique for encoding, but the only FX disc's I've never heard of having problems were the 7 sets, and DYRL.

Maybe it's the production, maybe its their technique for encoding, but the only FX disc's I've never heard of having problems were the 7 sets, and DYRL.

Yup, my Macross 7 and DYRL work great. :) I don't think trying to get a replacement for a $8 disc would be worth it, in light that stocks of FX merchandise are drying up.