Valkyrie Transformation CG Animation

KingNor

that was sweet.. somthing very animal like in the way it moves from fighter to gerwalk

I agree, it looks sort of like a seagull landing on a dock. Was this deliberate? Because, granted, it looks awesome, but it's also a little more "alive" than I'd expect--some motion there looks more "idiosyncratic" than "necessary", like Elvis shrugging his shoulders.

that was sweet.. somthing very animal like in the way it moves from fighter to gerwalk

I agree, it looks sort of like a seagull landing on a dock. Was this deliberate? Because, granted, it looks awesome, but it's also a little more "alive" than I'd expect--some motion there looks more "idiosyncratic" than "necessary", like Elvis shrugging his shoulders.

probably a new pilot =P

wow that was awesome, can`t wait to see it with textures.

in my opinion i think that the way it moves when transforming from fighter to battroid is very realistic as if it was automatically adapting to the landing surface and the battroid mode looks just gorgeous, in fact agter watching this clip i couldn`t resist to order a hasegawa battroid kit. keep it up with this good work.

probably a new pilot =P

Heh. Yes.

I just want to add that I really don't want to take anything away from a very impressive piece of work--just offering some honest perspective in a spirit of (hopefully) constructive criticism.

:blink:

:o Simply BEAU-TI-FUL!!! :wub:

I can see the little wiggle you guys are talking about, but it's no' thang. ;)

Now all you need is for the intake plates to close, and it'll be perfect. :D

oh god, feel absolutely free to critisize, i have no problem with that. i went out of my way to make it look "alive" and not robotic, if thats what you are meaning about "animalistic"

the head does pop out way too fast. by product of not enough time to fine tune everything, same with the arms. I did this animation in a few hours and the arms espesially are really just "blocked" in. IE: the animation on them is only really partially done. any criticques on the motion is fine by me.

as for textures, i think dat is working on a rendered version as we speak, with any luck we'll be able to post it. not sure tho.

i have a better version of his model that i'm getting ready to rig. and i'll do some animations with that when i get the chance. (rigging took me a few months, the animation takes a few hours).

this model had intake covers, but they proved to be one thing too many, also i'm not sure where they shoudl go in fighter mode..

Edited by KingNor

Kingnor, that's very impressive and there's not much more to point out than what's been said. The head did come up too fast to the point I want to see the antenna vibrating from the quick movement. Otherwise very impressive.

(This should be posted int he fanworks board. Not here)

Wow... I thought what everyone else did. If you would have said it was the pilots first day landing GERWALK agaist the wind, then it would have been perfect. :D

No points taken away from trying though, in fact I think it'll look great once you get the kinks out and get it fully rendered.

As far as the head, in Mac0 the CG transformations happen in a blink of an eye, not slowly like in the animated versions, so you can go either way.

Great job.

Absolutely gorgeous! You should make a company for a macross video game!

Well that would be great for macross fans at least, but maybe a little complicated practically speaking, for you two...

Even better animation than those of Macross Zero! Great job!

Cya!

Oh, one last thing: the model moves in a nice way but it's alson very well done: it looks good in all 3 modes! Congratulations once again!

Cya

oh god, feel absolutely free to critisize, i have no problem with that. i went out of my way to make it look "alive" and not robotic, if thats what you are meaning about "animalistic"

Personally I like the model a lot better that way (looking rather alive than robotic). The gerwalk looks like it's struggling to find balance, which I find great. The posture of the "robot mode" is great too.

Excellent work guys! Is that modeled after a Yamato 1/48 b/c the dimensions sure make it seem so.

B));)

It was first modelled after the 1/60 and then later on the 1/48 and I tried as best as possible to incorporate Hasegawa Battroid details to it.

:Dat

I give you guys lots of respect. I tried making one of these a few years ago. After modeling it, I looked at all the independant parts and didn't bother to try to animate it.

I really like the afore mentioned animal-like movements. Makes it seem much less like a robot.

Really awesome! I like nearly all of the movements, but agree that the head pops up very fast. The leg movements look natural to me for a vehicle that is going to change it's shape and center of gravity, it would need to move a little to staiblize it's footing. Can't wait to see more, that's quality work!