Custom Clear PG MKII Parts

Mechamaniac

Interested?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Interested?

• Yes!
    • No! (You're nuts man!)

OK, so I am an unabashed PG Gundam freak, and an even more unabashed RX-178 MKII freak. That is absolutely my favorite Gundam from any of the series.

That being said, I often curse Bandai for not making any more of the clear armor custom sets for the non 0079 PG kits.

I have contacted Rohby, and he is interested in the project. The parts would be cast in clear resin.

I have no idea yet as to how long it would take, save that casting clear resin takes a bit longer due to the curing process.

Mainly, I am just seeing if there is sufficient interest to get this going as obviously, more people means cheaper prices.

So, if you're interested, vote and post here.

For those of us who share citizenship with the Child of Mecha boards, I will be posting this there as well, since there are probably more Gundam nuts around there, but so I am posting it here as well for our resident Gundam fans.

Thanks!

instead of working with resin Iwould suggest vauforming the kit's parts in clear vivak (a plastic), it'll be much cheaper and would show the internals way better, I've done a lot of resin casting and clear resin always ends with a few bubbles. Vacuform is very easy and you can make a machine very easilly, if interested I'll be around.

hth B))