An old G.I.Joe jet as Macross?

gian7675

Hi guys!

In another message board that I frequent, It was mentioned that in the past, there was a Macross/Robotech toy that was released that's the same size as the G.I.Joe Skystriker...I think...but can't tranform. I think it was released as a Robotech toyline for those figs...

Can somebody post a pic of this G.I.Joe Jet that's painted in VF-1 Colors?

Thanks!

Gian7675 :)

to the dismay of Sebastian......taaaaadaaaa :lol:

My goodness! :huh:

hmmm..I don't know but...it kind of looks...cool ;)

Beauty is indeed in the eyes of the beholder :lol::p

But maybe something is wrong with my eyes! ;):)

I don't know but I think that it's the figure that makes this Matchbox Valk ugly :p

Is this yours zeo-mare? ;)

*winces*

Ya know, neither the plane nor the action figure looked that bad when I was a kid.

DAMN YOU FOR SOILING MY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!

On the other hand, I was always quite annoyed that it didn't transform, because aside from being a toy of a "transformer"(as all transforming vehicles were Transformers, and Robotech was CLEARLY a rip-off), it was obviously intended to change forms at one point(Look at the tail fins! They're HINGED!)

ahhh animefiend cells, make it stop, make it stop. Wasn't someone trying to make the abomination variable at one point? I remember it is loosely based on the orignal Taka 1:55. I also remember that said project hid some major snags, namely in the arms and lack of hinges. But, they actually were able to get it past stalking gerwalk and into an armless battroid while they were working on the arm problem.

has any of you been to the ANime shop at the Irvine Spectrum?

whats that non transformable Valk in the window?

that one actually looks cool and i think it could fit a joe.....

Maybe it's this one pictured above You also like it. Beauty is indeed in the eyes of the beholder :lol:

Anyway, the one that you saw doesn't look like the one pictured above?

Maybe it's this one pictured above You also like it. Beauty is indeed in the eyes of the beholder :lol:

Anyway, the one that you saw doesn't look like the one pictured above?

nope not as fat, the one in the window is longer

*winces*

Ya know, neither the plane nor the action figure looked that bad when I was a kid.

On the other hand, I was always quite annoyed that it didn't transform, because aside from being a toy of a "transformer"(as all transforming vehicles were Transformers, and Robotech was CLEARLY a rip-off), it was obviously intended to change forms at one point(Look at the tail fins! They're HINGED!)

yeah, the tail is hinged so it can hold the boosters. Yes, it does come with boosters. :p:D:lol:

*winces*

yeah, the tail is hinged so it can hold the boosters. Yes, it does come with boosters. :p:D:lol:

do you have one?

*winces*

do you have one?

maybe....... why, you wanna buy one? :p:D:lol:

Yes, someone was working on making it transformable. I had a link to the page(s) in an earlier thread. Maybe you can turn it up with a search. Right now, the best I can do is

http://web.archive.org/web/20030306125915/...customvalk.html

Some more pics of the unmodified toy, with its box and accessories: http://www.toyarchive.com/Robotech/st4/vehver.html

Apparently there was more than one production run, with the first (?) having more of the transformation construction intact (though not transformable).

Could it be the somewhat rare, and underdetailed, 1:24 scale valkyrie model, I believe one of the resident modelers show cased one at an Anime-Expo, or MacrossWorldCon a few years back.

*winces*

I don't think mine did. Could've been a defective package, though.

Did the thruster feet unfold too? I'm not SURE on this point, but I think they did.

I remember those in the stores when I was a kid. I remember passing those by along with my great regret, the SDs. The only Matchbox stuff I got were the enemy pods and Invid troopers. I did buy the Alphas and the Cyclone. But as for the VFs I was already obssesed with the Taka/Bandais. Even Jetfire wasnt good enough... lol.

I've seen the valk you're talking about when i was in SO-CAL for thanksgiving. if i remember correct. it's non-transformable and i don't think it has any moving parts aside from the landing gear.

it does look about joe size but i dont' think the canopy opens.

sry i don't know anything else about it, why not ask the guys who work there next time you're at the Spectrum.

I've seen the valk you're talking about when i was in SO-CAL for thanksgiving. if i remember correct. it's non-transformable and i don't think it has any moving parts aside from the landing gear.

it does look about joe size but i dont' think the canopy opens.

sry i don't know anything else about it, why not ask the guys who work there next time you're at the Spectrum.

i just might do that, but i think the people working the store might not know either, unless one is the owner....

i got the impression that this mystery valk didn't even have as high detail quality as the 1/48 and it doesn't transform, so i wasn't very intrested in it. but now you've sparked my curiosity.

it is BIGGER than a 1/48, yet a little bland. i do beleive back on the old forums i remember someone posting about a big valk they bought, but its been years since i saw that.

thats all i can think of right now. let me know what you find out.

I got to see one at either ANime Expo '02 or '03 at the Macross Panel, it was assembled straight out of the kit, very underdetailed for its size and proported cost. plus it is not transformable. There was a project where someone got one and was going to make it full variable, or at the least a better detailed then the hasagawa.

It's not really fair to compare it to a hasegawa, because the Hases have a lot of "unofficial" detail added on. The only way you can give that model any more detail without overstepping lineart is to put weathering, more decals, and maybe lights on it, IMO.

Ohhhh man. THat thing(matchbox valk) is super cool. Almost looks like a yamato 1/48 with that fat bubbly nose. AWWWW man, I got to get one of those. Just add some panel lines and lights in the thrusters, and yippeeee. It will put any yammy to shame. I can't wait to get one now. Especially since everybody hates it, that means I can get them cheap. All right..........Christmas is coming, Im genna ask Santa for one right now!

Edited by LORD KUNGFU