Variable motorcycles

Feyd-Rautha

this new GF transformer is lookin gooood...

:blink: gonna hafta pick that one up! :D

anyway...a while ago I cooked this up, trying to design a transformable sportbike type thing (pic is basied on the CBR-600RR...modified a bit) main goal was for it to transform smoothly while being ridden around in a realistic manner (the rider can't come off the seat, no jumping into the air, no splitting wheels in half, etc..) basicly each leg has a wheel on it allowing it to roll around in bot mode sorta like on rollarblades...to transform one leg comes forward, the other back as it sorta does the splits with the arms hugging around the front faceing leg...the seat and foot pegs rotates up slightly, and the grips swing up attached to the bot shoulder mechanisam (the grips then in someway control the arms, with the pegs controling the legs).....the girl is from some website (socalmodels.com IIRC) as I was trying to find a bike profile image with a human in it for scale (sorta works I suppose as she was standing infront of a vertical rack of yellow CBR-600RRs)...

post-26-1106213467_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I've been following these forums for years, but i felt content to just kick back and enjoy the banter...until today.

I also dig transformable bikes(the more realistic, the better), but still like the stuff in general. Keeping within the topic, I found something interesting while perusing the Microman section of the Takara-USA website. It's more along the lines of ride-armor than transformable, but apropos nonetheless.

As an aside, I bought a Microman Batman, which is a similar figure in the line. This thing is only approx 4" tall, but features something like 30 points of articulation and some decent detailing. GI-Joes everywhere are hiding their little plastic heads in shame. Anyway, take a look if it sounds interesting.

http://www.takara-usa.com/microman/inf_mf_01.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Hey, Doctor Paragon- Do us a favor and don't bump a thread unless you actually have something to say.

360287[/snapback]

"I've got something to say!

It's better to burn out,

than fade away!"

:p

Oh and I too am getting all sweaty in anticipation for the Garland.

Either, both, it don't matter which, I just want one finally. Even though in

my experience Max Factory has MUCH better QC.

B))

Edited by Doctor Paragon

Hey, Doctor Paragon- Do us a favor and don't bump a thread unless you actually have something to say.

360287[/snapback]

"I've got something to say!

It's better to burn out,

that fade away!"

:p

Oh and I too am getting all sweaty in anticipation for the Garland.

Either, both, it don't matter which, I just want one finally. Even though in

my experience Max Factory has MUCH better QC.

B))

360401[/snapback]

They do, however this has the (potentially) duboius honour of being their first transforming gokin figure. I'm very interested to see how well they can pull it off.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
The latest incarnation of Arcee was pretty decent.

Now if they only would make a Binaltech version of it... dreams..

arcee09.jpg

arcee08.jpg

Not to be reviving a dead thread, but I only just came by it now. I am an avid fan of variable bikes.

Have you all seen the new Arcee, from the movie?

Two new pics of the black repaint of Arcee were posted at S3ibertr0n:

Apparently they're from the Japanese Amazon site. Anyone know a good, safe, reasonable site to order them for the US?

Thanks.

• 10 months later...
About a year or so ago, there was a Japanese artbook released which focused on anime motorbikes (variable and otherwise). I didn't buy it and can't find it now. Sort of regret not buying it now. Anyboy have it?

Graham

Yep, I just got it... which is why I'm resurrecting a 4 year old thread...

Sorry