max-rau review

do not disturb

okay, so i got the max-rau a few weeks back and thought i'd do up a review so i'll just get straight to it. :)

the first thing i noticed was that the QC was a bit better and the joints were alot tighter than the initial q-rau. nothing much more to say about that.

the poseability is still lacking for this figure but it was never that poseable to begin with and theres very little out there to compare it to being as it the second rau toy ever.

the blue/purple isn't my favorite, i wish it could've been in a darker/richer blue. as is, it looks like the color of the cheap ass jerry's kids candy you see everywhere that no one ever eats. again, not my fav. but not that big of deal either.

they did a better job with the missile covers for both the shoulders and legs this time around. originally, they used a flat white paint for these and made it extremely easy to scratch/leave marks. this time around they used a hard glossy finish paint which IMO is a lot better as far as keeping those particular parts clean. oh, and no sticker sheet for this one either.

obviously theres no figure...go figure. :p but we all already knew that and it would look silly if you had a giant Max displayed next to your 1/60's. i have both of them and they're displayed with the cockpit closed so it doesn't take away from the scale of the rest of the 1/60 line. besides, i collect macross toys, not macross figures so it didn't really bother me.

lastly and most important, the price...

being one of those, i-gotta-have-it-when-it comes-out type of people, i paid quite a bit for it...just under $100 shipped from HK. was it worth the money? IMO, yes cause its really the only game in town. would i buy dupilcates? possibly, since i think the max-rau will be more rare/collectible in the future. i mean, you only see it for about 5 seconds in DYRL, just like the 1/55 e-seeker...which is still one of the most expensive valks to buy and one i'll probably never own due to its ridiculous price tag.

i say, if you're willing to be patient, you should be able to pick these up for a lot less when US sellers need to move out their overstock. as is, most US sellers have these for $90-$100 plus shipping but there should be a price drop sometime soon and hopefully you'll be able to pick these up state-side for about $70-$80 shipped. either way, i think its a great toy to own and display with the rest of the 1/60 line even if it doesn't transform. :)

i'll try and post some pics when i get some free time.