GX-01R

question

as far as I know it's just minor tweaking - the Renewal version has tighter joints, etc. I was in Hong Kong and saw both the original and Renewal and bought the original as it was cheaper. And I can say there is nothing wrong with it!

The face was changed to look like it does in the opening animation, the arms and legs were made navy blue from blue, thighs made out of metal instead of plastic, scrander changed to late version and detail for the southern cross knives firing holes added + the belt changed from white to silver, sword holding hands added (for great mazinger's mazinger blades), jet pilder added, chrome name plate instead of sticker for the stand, belly "missile punch" gimmick changed- instead of the door opening to show the missile, the door fires off with a button press and you can place missiles inside and fire them (this also makes the abdomen look better with the door closed), thicker breast fire plates, and the body tweaked so it doesn't look fat with the scrander equipped.

My favorite SOC.

The original GX-01 Mazinger had a whole bunch of parts that you had to cut off the sprues and assemble, even for such usually pre-assembled things as the forearms. Many Japanese fans hated that 'coz it mean't the toy could never be "C-10" once you've decided to actually play/display it. The revised version corrects this "gunpla mentality" oversight - I believe no assembly is require to enjoy the toy, except for the stand. All this and of course the slightly better proportions too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a follow up question.

IN gx-01 (well I actually have gx-02b),

1. Knee joints can swivel aroung 360 degree and it is somewhat loose (unlike tetsujin)

2. and hip joints are pretty loose i.e. if I pick up the toy by its torse and hold it parallel to the ground, the leg falls (unlike tetsujin--I love tetsujin!).

Is it like that in gx-01r as well?

Edited by question