Macross style Tomcat

Tuffskull

Not bad after 10 years, I think the kite looks pretty realistic given the size of the Navy insignia on the low viz F-14's

One comment, the panel lines are a bit too thick and dark for my tastes. Did you think about an oil wash?

gah! The incorrect engine fairings of the revell rear their ugly head once more! :)

Nice model! I like the decal scheme, although I would point out that no Tomcat would ever launch from a carrier with 6 AIM-54s unless he was certain he was going to shoot something down with them. The plane would be too heavy to land with 6 phoenix missiles. (land based is a different story though)

Beautiful work! I need to build one in a Macross scheme now...

I thin artists oil with low odor mineral spirits. Has no affect on the paint, particulary if the paint is glossy, flat leaves a ring.

P.S., I like all the Phoenix missiles, it's supposed to be anime and not real.

Edited by Grayson72

You have photo etch sets for the VF0's? Can we get a picture of them? Where'd you get them? How much, wanna sell a set?

Grayson,

I think he meant the VF-1 PE set--as he said, he'd wanted to do a 1S first...

And from my personal experience the PE details are not really worth it unless you have FAST packs on the valk--although I do like the extra cockpit details, too bad you can't get them on their own...

Sean