Mikimoto Art exhibition

Bariaburu Faita

Starting this weekend at Art Jenus in Nihonbashi they are displaying(and selling! $200-$500, ouch!) original artwork and prints my Mikimoto!

They were selling calenders and were giving away free posters. But unfortunatly someone who got there before me took ALL of the posters(I guess he didnt see the "one per patron" sign) AND bought the last couple calenders.

He was a tall heavyset guy with glasses and a beard. Looked kinda like the "banned gaijin" warning at the K-books checkout counter, but that was a fuzzy security camera pic so I might be mistaken. Had also had a very distinctive bannana-yellow bag. I also saw him taking pictures, but of course the "photographs are prohibited" signs were probably too far below his eye level to see. :D:lol:B)):p:ph34r:

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

No one pounced on him and killed him for trying to take ALL the posters? :blink::lol::lol:

We all know by now how effective the "No Photo" signs are. Never.

Edited by Anubis

Starting this weekend at Art Jenus in Nihonbashi they are displaying(and selling! $200-$500, ouch!) original artwork and prints my Mikimoto!

That's nothing special. Mikimoto has several exhibits and signings each year, some with Broccoli and Art Jeuness. Also the prints are on the cheap side, some of his stuff usually sells for closer to $900. The US branch of Art Vivant had a brochure from a few years ago with $1000-1200 price ranges.

The DYRL Minmay is his latest print I believe. I think the figure's nice but it's sort of bland otherwise. The 2005 calendar is sold out now.

Edited by halfan

Wow! I didnt expect to get so many PMs :blink:

Due to the numerous requests and my inability to come up with a price I will auction them off on evil bay.

Basically I have 2 posters and 2 calanders...other people here would have you believe that I ransacked the store and stole everything they had....while tempting it is just not true.. ;)

So basically keep watching my auctions.

Rob

That's nothing special. Mikimoto has several exhibits and signings each year, some with Broccoli and Art Jeuness. Also the prints are on the cheap side, some of his stuff usually sells for closer to $900. The US branch of Art Vivant had a brochure from a few years ago with $1000-1200 price ranges.

The DYRL Minmay is his latest print I believe. I think the figure's nice but it's sort of bland otherwise. Here is a link to buy the calendar. I'm not certain if the reservation window has expired or not. It's been up a couple of months now.

I saw a Mikimoto art exhibition in Ikebukuro back in early 2002 when I was an exchange student there. Original art for sale etc. I bought a nice postcard set for around a few hundred yen.

The DYRL Minmay is his latest print I believe. I think the figure's nice but it's sort of bland otherwise. Here is a link to buy the calendar. I'm not certain if the reservation window has expired or not. It's been up a couple of months now.

I saw a Mikimoto art exhibition in Ikebukuro back in early 2002 when I was an exchange student there. Original art for sale etc. I bought a nice postcard set for around a few hundred yen.

Yeah, I was there too!

I got his autograph that time. All thanks to a really cool assistant who shiftily handed me a ticket (you can't line up for an autograph without a ticket at these things).