Yamato 1/48 GBP Pic

Graham

It is a simple fix on the 1/60 to get the armor to fit on the stock shoulder. I'm sure the 1/48 will be no different. There is a bit of an overhang, but I prefer that over the huge shoulders (since the coloring is inaccurate for a number of the valks).

Just cut a couple of pieces of craft foam and attach with double stick tape.

That looks farging incredible!! I've never really liked the 1/60 GBP armor because of the silly football player shoulder pads... but this... never knew how good it could look without them. I didn't even recognize it for the 1/60 at first!!

*prays the same thing can be done with the 1/48's*

Maybe you oughta send these pics over to Yamato, as working proof that the GBP looks much better without the shoulder prosthetics.

-Al

The GBP has no extra guns, so when it runs out of missiles you have a choice: either retain it for whatever residual armor it provides or eject it so that you can convert to Gerwalk or Fighter mode as needed. Either way, you should still have the Valk's basic gunpod.

u should?

Where?

Does it store in the armour somewhere?

couldn't it just hold one in its hands?

Indeed. In the TV episode where the GBP-1S appears, it's armed with a gun in the hands. The VF-0S with prototype GBP in MZero has the same, and so do the GBP-equipped Valks in the PS2 Macross game. In the split-second cameo appearance of a VF-1J with GBP in DYRL, though, it's shown without a gunpod.

Re: missiles magically disappearing in battroid mode--if it does happen, yes, I would guess it's just an oversight/animation error. There are definitely moments in the cartoon where the wings are kept extended while the battroid still has missiles. You can see this with the RMS missile-armed VF-1S Super in the TV version, and with the UMM-armed battroids in DYRL. I would assume that, generally, all missiles are expended before switching to battroid. But I think I've read that the 1/72 Bandai HCM toys are able to fold their wings without removing the AMM missiles.

the missiles disappearing was meant to be a joke to those in the perfect transformation crowd. :p

IIRC, in DYRL when they're on the zent. spaceship roy opens his wings and shoots a missile straight up to clear a path for hikaru and friends. the missiles then disappear in the animation while hes battling the zentradi and you never see it again.

the same thing happens in robotech. the valks swoop in firing missile like crazy(theres a endless supply as well) TF in battroid, the missiles disappear again, then the missiles magically reappear when they TF again. not all the time, but sometimes. anyhow, just trying to make a point that theres no such thing as a perfect transformation valkyrie. maybe the HCM that ewilen is speaking of(i don't own one so i wouldn't know). the only macross toy(not technically macross but still) that i know of that has perfect TF, that stores every accessory that it comes with is the large gakken cyclone, thats why its the world greatest TF toy ever made IMHO.

back on topic,

i like the foam idea. i got some lying around somewhere so i'll give it a whirl. the shoulder pads on the 1/60 GBP is kind of bleh since it limits the articulation for the arms. good stuff! :)

the same thing happens in robotech. the valks swoop in firing missile like crazy(theres a endless supply as well) TF in battroid, the missiles disappear again, then the missiles magically reappear when they TF again. not all the time, but sometimes.

of course the same thing happens in robotech...

:rolleyes:

:lol::lol:

if something happens in the Macross part of RT that doesn't happen in Macross, I'd like to see it. :p:lol:

the same thing happens in robotech.  the valks swoop in firing missile like crazy(theres a endless supply as well) TF in battroid, the missiles disappear again, then the missiles magically reappear when they TF again.  not all the time, but sometimes.

if something happens in the Macross part of RT that doesn't happen in Macross, I'd like to see it. :p:lol:

Well, there's the Robotech Masters leaving to attack Earth shortly after the end of Space War 1, after babbling in shock and awe about how badly we kicked the zentradi's butts.

the same thing happens in robotech.  the valks swoop in firing missile like crazy(theres a endless supply as well) TF in battroid, the missiles disappear again, then the missiles magically reappear when they TF again.  not all the time, but sometimes.

Well, there's the Robotech Masters leaving to attack Earth shortly after the end of Space War 1, after babbling in shock and awe about how badly we kicked the zentradi's butts.

:mellow:

I was Maceked and all I got out of it was this stupid T-shirt.

I don't mind the dissappearing nose cone trick - especially if it will make the GBP model more proportionally accurate (since it will displayed that way most often).

However, is it me? or does anyone else think the chest sticks too far forward, as well as the shoulder missle launchers being a bit too high and big. (Just being picky) :p The feet look tiny coming out the bottom of the armoured legs! :D

:lol::lol::lol: Don't worry EXO, I would've forgotten that as well. ;)

This is fully sick. It seems as if Yamato wants to make the easiest things for the 1/48 line before moving on to more complex stuff like two-seaters and larger YF-19 and 21 toys (here's hopin :rolleyes: )

CF is next for sure!

:lol::lol::lol: Don't worry EXO, I would've forgotten that as well. ;)

It's a sign of my wasted, mis-spent youth watching taped-off-the-air Robotech episodes.

This is fully sick. It seems as if Yamato wants to make the easiest things for the 1/48 line before moving on to more complex stuff like two-seaters and larger YF-19 and 21 toys (here's hopin :rolleyes: )

What about the 1/48 Macross? Surely you want to see that too....

hmm...i've only seen the LV, Hikaru, and DYRL? Max in VF-1A color schemes...so that makes 3 no? anyways...i doubt there'll be any more 1A's released since it's been the most issued out of any of the 1/48's

since i had to sell off all my 1/60's i guess i'll have to go to 1/48 which i've been dreading simply because of the price <_<

i'm getting a VF-1S Roy and i think i might just put the armor on that one.

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

hmm...i've only seen the LV, Hikaru, and DYRL? Max in VF-1A color schemes...so that makes 3 no? anyways...i doubt there'll be any more 1A's released since it's been the most issued out of any of the 1/48's

And the ugliest.

More 1Js, please. Low vis, hi-vis, infrared, whatever. As long as it's a 1J, I'm happy.

Well, I trully believe Yamato will be making the VF-1A CF because that's pretty much the last one that they didn't do, of the single seaters I mean...And they already have the molds, it's only the question of colouring

Don't want to blow anybodys bubble but the J CF...I don't think so, 'cause we only see it one or two times in the show (I don't know about DYRL, haven't seen it) and I believe it is more of a animation error they weren't painted more Hi Vis instead of the standard brown-white camuflage scheme.

And for the twin-stick versions, weeelll I 'd adore the D inthe those orange Hi Vis colours from the first episode.

'Though, I can imagine that the two seaters aren't easy on the design side, I mean look at the point where the nose "breaks" (the sound it makes always makes me wonder) when it goes in to Battloid. Not much length there for a whole second seat. We'll just have to wait and see won't we?

But in the meantime let's rejoice in the appearance of the mighty GBP :D:lol:

As one of the new 1/48 owners on these boards (it arrived yesterday, a Hikaru Ichijo 2nd Ed) I just have to say, this is a beautiful piece of artwork.

I've gone over it in great detail, and have it transformed here before me.

In the GBP drawing, it does appear that the nosecone would get removed while in armor. With the thickness in the plastic of the armor, it would be hitting the nosecone if it were still present.

Let me just say this again: The 1/48's are one of the best investments a Robotech fan can get.

I personally inspected every other Veritech model and toy out there. By hand in most cases (inclding bandais, toynamis and different scale yamatos).

The 1/48 goes beyond the description of a "toy". It's a masterpiece. I'll be arranging to get at least 2 more shortly (the max and Milia versions) and will definately get the GBP armor. I sadly have a great job and plenty of extra cash to spare on "hobby items". I won't go all out, just get my favorites, and a super fast pack for my Hikaru, as well as a GBP when it's released.

These replicas are the perfect size, everything. The only downside is the transformation to battroid mode is a bit slower than I would have liked, but with the stress being put on the piece, I'll not transform it often. Also, the nosecone in Battroid mode is a tad long, but with its appearance in valk mode and guardian mode, you can't complain that much about it. It's a museum piece until I get a second Hikaru for "play".

God, this is one beauty of an item. Artwork. I'm now a convert. Actually, forget what I said about not going crazy. Afraid I have Valk fever now. Only one cure for it :D

Edited by Lanessar

i don't know if the CF is going to be released at all since its probably the worst selling valk out of the 1/60 line. yamato might take it as a lesson learned and not bother releasing it. hopefully i'm talking out of my ass and yamato will prove me wrong and release the sucker. i just want a CF just so i don't have to paint one myself.

as far as what happens in macross, happens in robotech...

i wouldn't know? i haven't seen the macross series yet. i don't really have $120 to throw away on DVD's when i got more toys to buy. :p

BTW, i was talking about a scene in macross DYRL, not the macross series.

the CF may have the lowest sales in 1/60 scale but i would strongly believe that it will sell much better in 1/48 since there isn't any report of anyone of them having a low sale so far.

cf-1a, cf-1j, cf-1s i don't care, i just want a cf. :)

haterist, you haven't watch the tv series yet? you probably don't have to spend on dvd yet, how about vcd? its cheaper eh :)

As one of the new 1/48 owners on these boards (it arrived yesterday, a Hikaru Ichijo 2nd Ed) I just have to say, this is a beautiful piece of artwork.

I've gone over it in great detail, and have it transformed here before me.

In the GBP drawing, it does appear that the nosecone would get removed while in armor. With the thickness in the plastic of the armor, it would be hitting the nosecone if it were still present.

Let me just say this again: The 1/48's are one of the best investments a Robotech fan can get.

I personally inspected every other Veritech model and toy out there. By hand in most cases (inclding bandais, toynamis and different scale yamatos).

The 1/48 goes beyond the description of a "toy". It's a masterpiece. I'll be arranging to get at least 2 more shortly (the max and Milia versions) and will definately get the GBP armor. I sadly have a great job and plenty of extra cash to spare on "hobby items". I won't go all out, just get my favorites, and a super fast pack for my Hikaru, as well as a GBP when it's released.

These replicas are the perfect size, everything. The only downside is the transformation to battroid mode is a bit slower than I would have liked, but with the stress being put on the piece, I'll not transform it often. Also, the nosecone in Battroid mode is a tad long, but with its appearance in valk mode and guardian mode, you can't complain that much about it. It's a museum piece until I get a second Hikaru for "play".

God, this is one beauty of an item. Artwork. I'm now a convert. Actually, forget what I said about not going crazy. Afraid I have Valk fever now. Only one cure for it :D

Congrats on yout 1st 1/48. Is that the VF-1J or VF-1S? Either way...there was a 2nd ed of either? :huh:

Aww.... Crap!!!! I should have gotten the Hikaru VF-1J non fastpack version when I had the chance. :(

Why? You can take off those FPs and pu tthe GBP-01 armor on. Well then again, it is why I have a bunch of VF-1J Hikarus. I just use the FP armor on my LVs. :D

indeed!

no reason to buy the regular 1J hikkie when you can get the super version, unless you're a idiot like me and had to have the blue box. :p and believe me, the extra TV FP's come in handy. i.e LV, TV roy, etc...

Yamato should provide 2 versions for that particular peice of armor one that could accomodate a nose and one without for the aesthetic connoisseur.

i don't think THAT is going to happen

If this set is in the 50 dollar range i'll probably get it for my low viz, i'm getting very poor...

nosecone on or off? i'll take "off" if it looks better.