Model Valkrie Gallery

peter

HASEGAWA 1/72 VE-1 ELINTSEEKER

I just finished making the base and placing the Valkyrie on top. I'm quite surprised my two magnet approach worked for this, since I was quite apprehensive to drill a hole into the model. I find there would be an extremely small margin of error if I were to follow the latter method to prop up the model.

There were times that the Valkyrie did fall off due to weight distribution. I managed to let the super glue settle in and find a balance. This is my third Valkyrie that I've done.

post-3312-1139468762_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1139468750_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1139468742_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1139468732_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1139468790_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1139468770_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1139468798_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1139468779_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spatula

Here comes my VF-1J GBP, IMAI kit from 1983, bought and built in 1983 (or 84 can´t remember exactly).

This was my first Macross kit ever and my first exposure to anime modeling. Took me about 5hrs. As you can see I didn´t bother with seam lines. Back then it had two head lasers, of course.... <_<

post-2845-1139492597_thumb.jpg

Here comes my VF-1J GBP, IMAI kit from 1983, bought and built in 1983 (or 84 can´t remember exactly).

368389[/snapback]

Man, I was 3-4 years old back then... :lol:

368418[/snapback]

I alwas suspected I´m the oldest sucker around here.... :(:p

Well I know many of you have seen my CF before, but its never been posted on this tread.  Here you go.

"CF Survivor" Last battle (TV)

368869[/snapback]

Wow that one looks really beat up Ranger565 but in a very convincing way.

I always wanted to have a TV Hikaru 1-J finished that way - his plane(s) get a lot of damage IF he brings them down in one piece. So far I did not have the guts to take a pristine Hasegawa kit and do so much weathering and damage to it but your pics look encouraging :)

Thank you very much Viceland. I was sorta waiting for someone to say something. And let me add, even though this sounds absouletly cliched, my camera makes the Elintseeker look so odd. The lighting from the camera doesn't work for close ups; turning it off makes the subject too dark. So yes, my Elintseeker looks much more detailed than what you see there.

Well I know many of you have seen my CF before, but its never been posted on this tread.  Here you go.

"CF Survivor" Last battle (TV)

368869[/snapback]

Wow that one looks really beat up Ranger565 but in a very convincing way.

I always wanted to have a TV Hikaru 1-J finished that way - his plane(s) get a lot of damage IF he brings them down in one piece. So far I did not have the guts to take a pristine Hasegawa kit and do so much weathering and damage to it but your pics look encouraging :)

368896[/snapback]

I wanted to create a Fighter in what I felt would be a VF-1A that was really in the battle. Everyone makes a joke that the CFs were always destroyed. Not in my case. These fighters were the Backbone of the Fleet. CF or not. They stood there ground and Fought just as hard. To me its my idea of the Dirt, Soot and Look of a VF-1A would have been through in a battle of that Size. The odds were against him 300:1 I did a lot of Debris and flack damage because I wanted to give the effect is was from an exploding Pod that he just blew the hell out of; at close range. :p I dont think even Max would have come back from that battle without a few scratches or a clean VF-1J :blink: So its my tribute to the Little guy.

Edited by Ranger565

Thank you very much Viceland.  I was sorta waiting for someone to say something.  And let me add, even though this sounds absouletly cliched, my camera makes the Elintseeker look so odd.  The lighting from the camera doesn't work for close ups; turning it off makes the subject too dark.  So yes, my Elintseeker looks much more detailed than what you see there.

368901[/snapback]

Yeah, the weathering you did was for "eye candy" display, so it's normal it doesn't look like you want it to on camera, I realize it would look a lot better in person. On the other hand, weathering done on studio models look awesome on screen and film, but it looks a lot different, sometimes even crappy, in person.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. First time poster but long time lurker here. This thread inspired me to take a picture of my oldest, longest surviving Valkyrie. This is one of the original issue 1985 1/48 Bandai Super Valkyries. I built this thing around 85 or 86, can't really remember. I DO remember that this was one of my very first airbrushed kits.

SuperVF-1A-1.jpg

I built several Macross kits back in those days but this was was my crowning acheivement as a model building teen especially because I did a lot of extra work in the cockpit. Of course now this kit looks very dated but back in those days nobody knew anything about pre/post shading and all these other neat tricks that make models look spectacular these days. It has collected its fair share of scuffs and dings but so far it has survived earthquakes, 4 moves and my wife.

I *almost* decided to say goodbye to this model when Hasegawa started to release their wonderful new Valkyries a few years ago, but I just didn't have the heart. I also still have the original box and instructions that came with this kit.

Thanks for looking. :)

SuperVF-1Scockpit1.jpg

Here is a closeup of that cockpit I was so proud of all those years ago. I really had no references back then and I went with what I thought looked cool. The seat is actually removeable completed with a jet nozzle underneath and a hole drilled in the cockpit floor for the nozzle to fit into.

Thanks for looking. :)

With an old bandai lookinh that good id never want to throw it out. You made that kit SHINE, excellent cockpit too. sure the proportions arent correct because of the age of the kit but you made it look great.. Id love to see what you could do to a hase.

This is looking great memnon - a lot of work went into it so keep it on your shelf! I like the more yellowish brown you used for the paint scheme, it seems to be a closer match to the earlier boxarts and instructions than the lighter, more reddish shade you see today IIRC. And the cockpit is very well done no matter if it is lineart-correct!

I still have about 8 of those lying unbuilt in the basement and I don´t think they are so bad - your pictures prove it right away! And these can be built in Gerwalk mode ! :)

The only thing I always disliked is the downward sloped nose, but it is STILL anime-correct - there is at least one scene in ep.2 in which a Gerwalk can be seen hovering from right to left and its nose has EXACTLY this shape. Still, IMAI seem to have reconsidered their decision, their slightly modified kit for the VF-1D has the straight nose and they kept the new shape for their transforming Valks too.

BTW have you tried your hands on one of the Hasegawa kits yet?

Edited by honneamise

Hey that looks exactly like when I built that kit, I love the super CF scheme. That cockpit is really impressive, the black and red tubing is sweet.

I could never take that sloping nosecone though, I eventually scrapped mine for parts.

Oh, FYI that kit is 1/72 scale not 1/48

Edited by Grayson72

Hey that looks exactly like when I built that kit, I love the super CF scheme.  That cockpit is really impressive, the black and red tubing is sweet. 

I could never take that sloping nosecone though, I eventually scrapped mine for parts.

Oh, FYI that kit is 1/72 scale not 1/48

372983[/snapback]

Actually I was halfway finished with a new nosecone for the old kit when Hasegawa came up with their Valkyries - my interest in correcting the IMAI kit somehow faded... still, if Hasegawa do not manage to get a Gerwalk out in the next few years I might go on with it, it´s just too expensive to buy a fighter AND a Battroid just to make one Gerwalk... <_<

By the way Chad this is a GREAT VF-0 B - those panel lines kick ass and I like the prototype-ish paint scheme very much even if the machine wasn´t featured in M0.

Well if this is going to be the official gallery for the time being then I better post these.

372989[/snapback]

I am requesting that you post many, many pics of your VF-0 from all angles. Is it newly built? Have you been holding out on us??? Add some close-ups, too. Just give it its own dedicated thread.