Mari Iijima's voice is different from the anime

vistali1

hey, guys. i just got "Mari Iijima Sings Lynn Minmay" Oh, man. When she sings "Do you remember love". I was shocked. Now I know why the Chinese forum says that she sings like a aunt. I could not find the same taste that I had when I was a child watching "DYRL" the first time. I am a little sad. you know. As a child, we always think that the anime characters forever young. However, listening to her "DYRL" now. I don't hear any energy, sweet and smooth voice any more. Can you tell if they are the same person. Is Mari Iijima sings DYRL in the original anime almost 20 years ago?

At first I thought this was a post about Mylene Jenius sings Lynn Minmay, where I was going to give a stock reply about them actually being different singers. But you are asking something much simpler.

I don't think any singer can have a voice which remains the same from the age of 20 into their 40s.

Off the top of my head, Robert Plant, Freddie Mercury, Elton John, etc.... All their voices changed through time. People age. And in particular a singer's voice is put under so much strain everyday.

When you hear Yoshiki Fukuyama sing the songs of Basara from Macross 7 (originally from over ten years ago) these days, they too sound different.

That's life. I don't think there is no more "energy" anymore, though. It's likely still there, but in a different form.

Remember, Ms. Ijima was 18 when she did the voice and songs for Minmay (for SDFM). That sweet innocent voice from 20 years ago ain't there anymore. In fact, I doubt any of us will have the same voice 20 years from now.

Remember, Ms. Ijima was 18 when she did the voice and songs for Minmay (for SDFM). That sweet innocent voice from 20 years ago ain't there anymore. In fact, I doubt any of us will have the same voice 20 years from now.

Aint that the truth. But it is better than having Reba West sing. ;)

Mari Iijima's singing is just as good if not even better than twenty years ago.

It is just that we have a mental picture in our head of a young and beautiful Minmay singing and all of a sudden the same voice comes out from a fortysomething plus lady!

Listen to Megumi Hayashibara's older roles and then listen to her newer roles. There's a slow change, but it's hardly noticable since we're used to hearing her voice in everything. Mari Iijima hasn't done a role in anime since Macross (correct me if I'm wrong), so the change in her voice is more striking since we haven't heard her as much.

This is my take on it in any case :p

is this a newer picture of her? if so she still is very pretty after all of these years.

That's something called "Make up" they can do wonderous things with it :D

(Don't believe me? look at Cher)

:blink: Cher uses make up? so without make up she would just look like a regular zombie instead of being queen of the zombies?

You also have to realize that Mari Iijma originally sang those songs during the bubblegum idol times of Japan. Since then, she's tried her hardest to establish herself as a more varied and flexible musician, so her singing style has changed. She doesn't want to go back to sounding like an idol singer. Unfortunately, the majority of her fan base will only recognize her as Minmay, so she's stuck performing the occasional Macross song album such as "Mari Iijima sings Lynn Minmay" to bring in some profit now and then. After all, she can't be raking in a ton of dough performing at Genghis Cohen's in LA once a week.

Mari's still hot though:

p4copy.jpeg

::hesitates for a while at the sight of the wierd cleavage, then humps the monitor anyway:: :p:D:lol:

Hehe....BOB will bukkake anything with a face. :lol:

Edited for good reason.

Mari's still hot though:

p4copy.jpeg

::hesitates for a while at the sight of the wierd cleavage, then humps the monitor anyway:: :p:D:lol:

Hehe....BOB will bukkake anything with a face. :lol:

jesus wolfx, that i did not need to see :(

One's voice does change with age and she could also maybe been singing 'in character' so to speak.

PS: That pic <_<

You guys sure have a lot class. First everyone's saying "She still look pretty good ". Next thing you know you guys are doing the Agent One to every door knob you can find. C <_<

I can't recall but I believe she does.

Voices do diffenetly change when ya get older, I use to be part of a elite choir in highschool, Tenor 1 range down to a low Bass, now its hard to hit alot of notes I use to be able to do with no stress to my voice.

I use to be able too do alot of the same notes that good ol' Basara could do, specifically the Yell and the high pitched wowwow from Angel Voice.....now I can't without cracking my voice :( but than again I haven't performed in 2 almost 3 years.

God bless her :(

You guys sure have a lot class.  First everyone's saying "She still look pretty good ".  Next thing you know you guys are doing the Agent One to every door knob you can find.  C <_<

:lol::lol::lol:

B))

What can I say!?? I'm an animal.

I guess she qualifies as a MiLF.  ;)

Mari has a child? :ph34r:

She has two boys... But I'm guessing they're in their teens by now. Man, time flies.

Imagine being an adolescent and having Mari as your mother. Actually, don't. :huh:

Yes she has twin boys. With hideous 80's bowl cuts. i think they are 14 years old. Saw them last time at Genghis Cohen's

hey, guys. Does anyone like "Sailor Moon live action" as we called it in US "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon" real people version. I just dl the complete TV series. They got English caption. They all look pretty cute. There is a site for them but it seems they are very lonely. Should we support them if you are also a fan of "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon" http://www.gumbaloomcentral.co.uk/pgsmforum/. some useful links: http://www.geocities.com/willrobsm/PGSM/

post-2-1101517639.jpg

hey, guys. Does anyone like "Sailor Moon live action" as we called it in US "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon" real people version. I just dl the complete TV series. They got English caption. They all look pretty cute. There is a site for them but it seems they are very lonely. Should we support them if you are also a fan of "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon" http://www.gumbaloomcentral.co.uk/pgsmforum/. some useful links: http://www.geocities.com/willrobsm/PGSM/

WTF?! I'd feel like some lolita pedophile if I watched that.

IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED IT YET, DONT TALK. IT IS A VERY ENCOURAGED TV SERIES PROGRAMS. MANY COUNTRIES HAVE TRANSLATED VERSIONS AND SHOW IT IN THEIR COUNTRIES. IT IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK. YOU THINK TOO MUCH OTHER STUFF! :angry:

As far as Mrs. Iijima`s voice, I like her voice alot better than most of the other singers out there. There is too much of the excessively cute highpitched squeeky voices.

As a particularly annoying example I will refer to the opening sequence for Dears, "I`m your slave" by Under 17. Mouse chu Mouse is also quite excessive. And of course Morning Musume and all the clones they spawned.

I also second the notion, MILF!