Look at these beautiful babies!

I dont know. I did a Google Japan search for Southern Cross using the kanji

超時空騎団サザンクロス

All I know is that the two posts that had these were recent. I dont know if they represent recent models that someone collected or never produced models...though I dont believe that.

You got those pics from here right?

http://mokei.net/test/read.cgi/up/1079559471/l50

The post under the pic says it is from a model magazine from that era. Doesnt say specificaly which magazine. So my guess is that it was a custom fan project that got a pic in a magazine like hobby japan durring the 80`s

A couple more beauties I would love to have. Pics courtesy of Yui Yuasa who signed my Southern Cross merchandise petition. An interesting page, many thanks to Yui.

Yui's newspage

Edit: Ok....follow the link as it appears that the pics wont show up.

::sighs::

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

A couple more beauties I would love to have. Pics courtesy of Yui Yuasa who signed my Southern Cross merchandise petition.

Image21.jpg

*This appears to be a GMP Enlisted Soldier that was given an officer's model shield and vibro-blade.

ending1.jpg

*A converted Flashclapper Hovercycle model, I believe. Interestingly enough, this model recently went for $56 on Ebay a few weeks ago.

spaltus1.jpg

*This appears to be a Spartas with the space booster pack for battloid (it looks alot like an Ajax from the back as it has 'blades' with verniers on the end. Dont have a scan of the sketch, unfortunately.

An interesting page, many thanks to Yui.

Yui's newspage

I don't see the pics.

VHT-4 "Spartus-II" history and development

In 2025, RDF technical group convinced more conventional and practicality mecha has useful to Earth ground or other planet based operations.

Thus, they think Veritech VHT-2 series has potential developmet possibility of new military demand to operation of Other planet surface.

In this case, planet environment has differ from each other planets. / Moon /Mars/ Moon of FANTOMA etc.

Krauss-Maffei Technical group attracted to MBR-07 Spartan and more MBR-08 Masamune style flexible Battroid .

And three configuration transformers plan have to despair in order to Maintenance nature .

But Spartus-II has more advance to these old VHT-2/-A1,-A2 models.

First,Iong range fire power especially Sniping performance,and second more ,flexibility of Adaptation to planet environment by change rear back thruster pack or Skirt style rear tail armor.

Third, omitted change to Self-propelled gun style gerwalk /guardian mode for Stability of firingbecause of recoiless Ion-cannon.

And more reason,the maneuverability restricted in guardian mode. Guardian mode has easilyvisible,and mobility ispoor than VF-1's winged turbo-fan jet flyable GERWALK.

Unsuitable with leged guardian mode has high-tall quantity.

The high-tall quantity can watched to enemy in "the open plain " surface on the planet, easly.

Even if mobility is a little improved, Visibility will offset the advantage.

The enemy is easy to discover.

Thus, Self-propelled gun style gerwalk /guardian mode has omitted.

But battroid-mode has deveropment manuverbility on the ground by advanced next generation robotechnology.

The rack of the battroid-mode's "long time hover ability" will become only problem to Long-distance cruise, but Continental and Krauss-Maffei team insist to if that situations occured, use Hover Sled as like Robotech masters' BIOROID series "T'siendral Gister'dohl" etc.

Actually two configulation Spartus-II has enough to demnd of new situation operation to other planet.

Hover Sled has good-Reliability to transfomable hover-tank VHT-4 series.

Two configuration has Spartus-II will new model number VHT-4,differ fromlegacy VHT series,or VBR/Variable Battle Robot and MBR/Main Battle RobotAlthough hover thred is used in battroid, also in a tank, it is used as a booster in long-range cruse.

You remember VFA-6 alpha and Beta Combination.

VHT-4 "Spartus-II" optional back pack boosters and squadron-insignia

The jump-flight for half-minute or one-minute to the landing operation and the forced embarkation to the hostility vessel.

The "SPARTUS II" has carried by the " Daidalus class" or " Trawa class" AALC.

In Earth style grounds, "SPARTUS II" using thruster pacK help for more manuverbility.

If the adjustment of the reply characteristic of the thruster pack to the micro-gravity moon and Martian low gravity are complete, it is possible even that the "SPARTUS II" carries out the jump flight for the short time.

"SPARTUS II" ,that "Rear-Skirt" squadron-insignia is humorous, "FISH BORN" and "KITTY TABBY".

The squadron batch embodies for navy woman Special Forces.

post-26-1101542649_thumb.jpg

post-1627-128283256442_thumb.jpg

post-1627-128283259176_thumb.jpg

Edited by yui1107

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...