"DYRL" VF-1A

rarityraider

nice scheme with low/non weathering, specilay the way you hadled the aileron

Wanna tell us a bit about the way you got the coloring and details so crisp?

Hi 007-vf1,

There are no secret on my work... I like to use Mr. Color for main body painting then just use Tamiya enamel color to do the washing job, remember to thin down the enamel color for easy clean up. It's always works to keep your model have a clean and tidy look.

Hope can give you a bit help.

tight looking piece. what did you use for the recesses for the black on the tail? did you move white powder or liquid in there? I look foward to more of your clean style, whats next for you?

Hi astromanED,

I use Tamiya enamel color (Light Grey) to wash out the detail for the black on the tail as you mentioned, I also share a bit of my skill on other reply. Hope you'll like it.

P.S. Just finished one, no plan for the next yet.... so tired for the long time job of making VF-1 model.

Cheers,

Edited by rarityraider

That looks awesome man. I've been working on my 1/72 Strike for the last year and a half and I doubt if I ever finish it. One thing about Max's Valk....when he had the "001" fin number, was he in a VF-1S by that time?

That looks awesome man.  I've been working on my 1/72 Strike for the last year and a half and I doubt if I ever finish it.  One thing about Max's Valk....when he had the "001" fin number, was he in a VF-1S by that time?

Hi Peter,

I also thinking about the problem you have mentioned... :huh:

Finally, I find out the scene from Max fighting with Q-Rau :lol: when he transform to a Battroid the head is a 1A's head, if you review the fin number on the plane there had "001". So I make this version and I hope I'm right. ;)

Cheers,

Edited by rarityraider

WOW!

To me this model has the perfect amount of weathering. The paint job on the pilot is great too! B))

I have to say those missle packs look huge on a VF with no fast packs. :p

Great job as usual. Thanks for the pics!

so much talent on this board , another great piece keep them coming. it is nice to see alot of us posting are pics, i know alot of us complain because we are not very good, pictures like these give us something to strive for, keep up the excellent work.

chris

That looks awesome man.  I've been working on my 1/72 Strike for the last year and a half and I doubt if I ever finish it.  One thing about Max's Valk....when he had the "001" fin number, was he in a VF-1S by that time?

Hi Peter,

Finally, I find out the scene from Max fighting with Q-Rau :lol: when he transform to a Battroid the head is a 1A's head, if you review the fin number on the plane there had "001". So I make this version and I hope I'm right. ;)

Cheers,

It is the VF-1s that is always the "001"

Max's VF-1A is designated as "013" in DYRL

Hi Peter,

Cheers,

It is the VF-1s that is always the "001"

Max's VF-1A is designated as "013" in DYRL

How about I find Hikaru's 1-A had number "011" in "DYRL"? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...