GI Joe live-action movie!

David Hingtgen

GI Joe: Spy Troops airs Saturday, September 27, and Sunday, September 28, on Cartoon Network. Check the QKtheatre for showtimes here. This movie will also be included as DVD with a few extras in a 12" two-pack of Snake-eyes and Stormshadow. Links to pictures and review of the DVD can be found here (caution, spoiler material here). Word of note, one should remember how much Transformers (the vehicle versions) differentiates from the original 80s show. While the same characters from the 80s are used in the new CGI film, let's just say they appear to be interpretted in a different light. Think classic Marvel in comparison to their Ultimate counterparts.

Edited by Chuey

I have the same basic feel about this movie as the Major... but on the remote possibilty that this project was somehow done right, it could be one of the most awesome flicks ever. But there's no way in hell that they would try for an R rating with it being largely linked on a toy line... which any good present day war movie pretty much has to be.

I have the same basic feel about this movie as the Major... but on the remote possibilty that this project was somehow done right, it could be one of the most awesome flicks ever. But there's no way in hell that they would try for an R rating with it being largely linked on a toy line... which any good present day war movie pretty much has to be.

LOL, is my new handle ever going to stick!? Or will forever be known as "The Major?"

• 4 months later...

Decided to pull up an old thread due to this article...

G.I. Joe Live Action Movie

According to our source, the movie is more-or-less a prequel to the cartoon G.I. JOE series. Set before the rise of the COBRA organization, the film will show how the man the world will one day call Cobra Commander created his terrorist organization and honed it into a worldwide threat. Other COBRA characters, such as Destro and Stormshadow, are being planned to be included in the film. While Cobra Commander doesn't wear the costume he is best-known for during the bulk of the film (the blue COBRA garb complete with hood), by the conclusion of the film he will be decked out in it.

As for who is on the JOE team, look for appearances by the team's main players, such as Duke, Hawk and Snake Eyes. In fact, one of the ideas being kicked around at this stage of story development is touching upon the origin of Snake Eyes and Stormshadow, albeit in a minor way. As fans of the cartoon series know, both ninja characters have their origins tied together.

Booker T = Alpine

The Rock = Ace

Stone Cold Steve Austin = Gung Ho

HHH = Snake Eyes (couldn't think of anyone with long blond hair)

Since A7 isn't here I'll make my own choices.

Duke - Erik Everhard

Lady Jaye - Taylor Hayes

Roadblock - Lexington Steele

Scarlett - Jenna Haze

Snake Eyes - Chocoball

Cover Girl - Devon

Baroness - Azlea Anastazia

Destro - uh......A7 help me out. :blink:

Oh good gawd, they already made a G.I.Joe flick...many actually...the toy line has a long history well outside it's cheesy mid 80's reimagining...Hell, Pearl Harbor could be considered a G.I.Joe flick, as too could Saveing Private Ryan and even Platoon...*cough* But there I go showing my age :p