Macross Helmet, which one is the coolest?

grss1982

Ok , I think one things is to just love the original series and a whole other thing is to to let that passion blind us when talking about design value. That´s just my opinion though.

Anyway , for me it would be like this :

1- Macross Zero Anti-UN helmets

2- Macross Zero VF-0 helmets

3- VF-X2 Ravens Helmet

4- VF-X helmet

5- DYRL helmet

6- M+ Isamu´s helmet

7- SDF VF-1 helmet

M7 VF-11 helmets are particularly ugly , along with the Varuta fighters helmets .

Ok , I think one things is to just love the original series and a whole other thing is to to let that passion blind us when talking about design value. That´s just my opinion though.

we're not being blinded. its an anime. we're appreciating their effort that they put into the designs. ;)

its the same as mechs. some ppl like one mech over another. all designs. we're just discussing designs that are less significant. :p

we're not being blinded. its an anime. we're appreciating their effort that they put into the designs. ;)

its the same as mechs. some ppl like one mech over another. all designs. we're just discussing designs that are less significant. :p

yeah , I understand , that´s why I said we should criticize based on design quality not the nostalgic value.

Anything new will have a much higher chance of being more aesthetically pleasant than older designs , with some rather impressive exceptions of course.

yeah , I understand , that´s why I said we should criticize based on design quality not the nostalgic value.

Anything new will have a much higher chance of being more aesthetically pleasant than older designs , with some rather impressive exceptions of course.

hmm... depends on people. i actually find dyrl helmets aesthetically appealing to me than maczero helmets. might be just me tho. its not a nostalgic thing for me. i dont think im old enuf to be nostalgic yet. :p i'm 20. im a young macross fan. :D;)

Macross Plus and Macross VFX helmets are the best in my opinion. The VFX space suit Helmets look a tadd different, less pointy on the front. The chest plate is completely different, other than that suit looks the same. Only hardcore Macross gamers will notice the difference. DYRL comes after. The main true thing I like about Macross Zero was the realistic flight suits, those are the best in my opinion

DYRL to me best.

followed by M0.

ones i think are lame.

isamu's helmet: fat helmet for a fat head.

most of the m7 helms

The M7 helmet I hated the most belonged to the guy who flew the stealth-looking Valkrie (if you can really call that a valkrie....looked like it was going to tip forward whenever in gerwalk)

Love DYRL helmets, followed by SDF Macross. I agree that Isamu's helmet is to big and fugly.

You know, all this big helmet talk got me thinking...

Shouldnt they be using different helmets in space as opposed to on Earth?

Kind of like today... big for space and small for sky...? :huh:

I just thought it was kind of weird that all the helmets in macross, sdfm, dyrl, macII were all relatively small until it got to macplus, mac7 where the planes started to have both sky/space capability in the sense that they can launch from the ground but was able to go into space. Then in maczero, the helmets got smaller again.

I dunno... was just thinking that maybe kawamori decided to do this after dyrl/flashback.

isamu's helmet: fat helmet for a fat head.

Indeed. In some shots he looks like a bobblehead.

then what does gamlin look like? :lol:

post-2-1100500776.jpg

Yes! That's him! The 2nd guy from the right! I hate him! He had a brutal haircut. The helmet he sported didn't help his cause.

Yeah, they are very similar and still a lot of people say "Plus all the way" and Gamlin's helmet sucks...

Good thing Basara doesn't use a helmet, I can't imagine how it's be :p

Well, when ppl say "Plus all the way" I think theyre talking about Isamu's helmet.

I see the reason why Guld's helmet is big but why is Gamlins big? :blink:

Civilian need valks but not space flight suit and helmets.  <_<

Hahahah... another great aspect of Mac7. :p

• 16 years later...