Macross Helmet, which one is the coolest?

grss1982

Is it just me or are the helmets of roy, shin and edgar in macross zero one of the coolest designs compared to those of hikaru, max and milia in the original macross TV series.

How bout you guys, which one's the coolest from the series and remeber wer talking helemt designs here not flight suits!!! :angry:

Did they change U.N. Spacy's helmets during M7? Why such a drastic change from the typical design?

Because they had to blend with the rest of the show, so they made a helmet that is both shamefull, horrible and a complete POS. Out of the sarcasm the pilots of the VF11s had the similar helmets to the ones seen in Macross plus, at least similar, just the pussies of the so called special units had the helmets like the one seen above, terrible....

Edited by macplus

Did they change U.N. Spacy's helmets during M7? Why such a drastic change from the typical design?

Actually...there are a few designs in M7. There's the standard pilot version used by the VF-11 pilots on M7, the version used by the M5 Zentradi pilots, the M7 Spec Ops version, the Varuta survey group version, and the version used for the VF-22. So there are quite a few more missing from that comparison.

Actually...there are a few designs in M7. There's the standard pilot version used by the VF-11 pilots on M7, the version used by the M5 Zentradi pilots, the M7 Spec Ops version, the Varuta survey group version, and the version used for the VF-22. So there are quite a few more missing from that comparison.

there are actually a BUNCH missing. I just got the "main" ones thats seen the most in each series. theres shin's f-14 helmet, guld's yf-21 helmet, dokker's vf-19s helmet (i think thats diff), and prob a lot more others...

heres the Mac7 VF-11 helmet.

Edited by AlphaHX

there are actually a BUNCH missing. I just got the "main" ones thats seen the most in each series. theres shin's f-14 helmet, guld's yf-21 helmet, dokker's vf-19s helmet (i think thats diff), and prob a lot more others...

heres the Mac7 VF-11 helmet.

M7 standard pilot suits look like decendants from the pilot suit Hikaru uses in flashback 2012 for the VF-4. I guess they are specially design for pilots scorting Immigration fleets, for piloting the fighter for long periods of times in space.

M7 standard pilot suits look like decendants from the pilot suit Hikaru uses in flashback 2012 for the VF-4. I guess they are specially design for pilots scorting Immigration fleets, for piloting the fighter for long periods of times in space.

kinda... sorta... not. :huh:

looks a lot different imo. :unsure:

Based on the pics, I think the MZero helmet is the coolest.

Am not much of a fan of the DYRL helmet design--the long visor looks impractical and improbable to me. Admittedly, the DYRL uniforms and flight suits have a lot of panache, like the movie as a whole, but I can't really look at the helmet as anything other than a very stylized design created more for the sake of appearance than anything else.

I hate the M7 helmets with a passion, along with the entire series itself and just about every aspect of the show.

The original helmet from SDFM was alright and at first I even liked the flight suits but after watching DYRL...well, what can I say.....to hell with SDFM's helmets and flight suits. Let's just say that now I absolutely loathe the original flight suit and helmet designs.

The DYRL helmets are probably very impractical (along with the flight suits), but one of the coolest looking helmets in the entire franchise. And since it's anime, I don't particularly care about it's practicality. It serves it's purpose very, very well...a very stylized design created for the sake of appearance. It's COOL.

Edited by peter

If Roy's DYRL helmet had been gray instead of yellow, it would have been the coolest of them all. The DYRL helmets are the best though, however I do like Gamlin's VF-17 helmet, but I HATE the YF/VF-21/22 helmets with a fiery and burning passion. I seem to remember the helmet from one of the VF-X games being extremely cool, anyone have a pic?

The Gamlin helmet shown isn't a drastic change at all. It's very reminiscent of Isamu's helmet from Macross Plus, wich itself is similar to the DYRL? helmet. A definite progression going on here.

Also, while having and stating an opinion is one thing, I've been seeing a lot of blatant flame bait regarding Macross 7 from a couple members here. Didn't some of the moderators say they were going to bring the hammer down if they saw any of that?

I like the Macross Zero helmets the most, but my opinion doesn't mean much considering I like all the Macross gear. I think that certain gear worn by pilots were allocated to what mecha they were assigned too, as far as Macross 7 goes anyway.

i like the DYRL helmets for the sci-fi space-ness (so goes for its derivatives)

i like the MacZero helmets for their closeness to the current helmet technologies

but comparing the TV series helmets to the Zero helmets, it seems that the TV series helmets made a step backward in regards to tech designs.

but then, these helmets Were made in the 1980s :p

I'd say DYRL followed closely my Macross Zero helmets. I don't like the see through "visor" ones from Plus for some reason...

its not for everyone.

i like the macross zero helmets. definitely 3rd after my dyrl and macplus toss up. the only gripe i have with it is the pictures (skull in roys case & lightenings for shin) on the helmet. its cool and all but i like the non customized helmets.

im with Ido. m7 helmets are definitely not my style. dull and boring looking for the vf-11 helmets... big and silly for gamlin's helmet. <_<

were there any special helmets for the games? vf-x, m3, etc? :huh:

i played it but dont remember how the helmets were specfically... :unsure:

No flames! Please!

I still think that Isamu's helmet looks kind of funny.

Also, I'd like to see some of those helmets in the games.

flame flame flame flame!

hahah... just playing.

ur lucky. im surprised a m7 hater hasnt flamed you yet.

well, gluck! ull probably need it... ;)