Flight of the Phoenix remake

Wes

I really want it to be good, FotP is one of my all time favorite movies, a total aero engr's wet dream. I want this to be good so bad, it comes out around thanksgiving I think, so when I go home my Dad and I will go see it. If my nephew is there I will make him watch the original first, maybe. The thing I know I will be disapointed by in this one, is that I am sure they did not resurrect the original phoenix, and I'll bet they did not even build their own, just a static prop and a CG bird. The Phoenix in the original movie actually flew, they built two of them, one crashed, killing the pilot, but the other flew just fine.

The Phoenix in the original movie actually flew, they built two of them, one crashed, killing the pilot, but the other flew just fine.

:huh: Perhaps that is why they didn't do it this time. ;)

But Thanksgiving?!? Great, I didn't think I'll be out so soon.

I can't wait for this one, it looks awesome! I remember the original and although it was crude by todays standards IMHO it's a great movie, now that it's getting a new face it'll probably be great too, having Dennis Quaid is a good sign that it'll be fun, he did a great job on that movie where he was injected into some nerds body... great news! :D

The thanksgiving date I got off a poster I think, but I've heard rumor that the release date keeps moving back and forth. The production standards and quality on the original may seem crude by todays standards but the story is still great, sure there is not a lot of ethnic diversity, or any women, but that didn't matter, it would not have added anything to the story. The bandit attack seem sout of place to me, plus it ought to be interesting to see how they handle the relationship between Dorfman and the pilot. In the original it was tense because it was suppossed to be in the 50s, early sixties at the latest and the pilot was a WW2 vet, so he had a dislike of germans. There is no way they can really do that now with a modern movie, unless they made Dorfman Arab or Russian, and even then it would be doubtful. Like I said before I really hope it will be good, but am trying not to get my hopes up as it may be a letdown.